- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
- HR Johannesburg Region is hosting a fun Photographic Course!
- Date: 30 October 2010 @ 8:45
- Contact information: Please call Pamela on 082 859 9286, should you require any additional information.
- HR Photo Competition is here! Enter now!
- Kruger National Park Memories Calendar is NOW available. Place your order now!
- Help the HRs "Own the Night" and stop POACHERS!
- "Early Bird" Call for 2011 KNP Birding Weekend - Bookings open on 15 July 2010!
- 1st Weekend : 28 to 30 January 2011
- 2nd Weekend : 4 to 6 February 2011
- 3rd Weekend : 11 to 13 February 2011
- For more information: Call Monika on 084 304 3017 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the West Rand Honorary Rangers on exciting Photographic Safaris: - Book now @ http://www.birdlovers.co.za/
- Mapungubwe: 8-10 October 2010
- Golden Gate: 29 - 31 October 2010
- Mokala: 29 - 31 October 2010
- For more information: Call Johanna on 072 314 0077
- Tackle a Birding Course with a difference hosted by the West Rand Honorary Rangers:
- Dates: 1-3 October 2010 at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Garden
- For more information: Call Hannelie van der Merwe on 072 570 8488 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Catch The Big 5 show hosted by the Midrand Honorary Rangers!
- Dates: Friday, 23 July 2010 at the Barnyard Theatre, Menlyn @ 20:00
- For more information: Call Kendel on 083 267 6908
- Photographic Course hosted by the Addo Honorary Rangers - Book now!
- Dates: 31 July 2010 at St John’s Anglican Church, c/o 8th Ave and Church Street, Walmer, between 09:00 and 15:00.
- For more information: Call Nicky Bosman on 082 336 4471 or (041) 504 4235.
- Sasol/Strettons Birding Experience in the Garden Route National Park's Wilderness Section
- grab this opportunity of spotting a variety of rare
species in the different Biomes as well as birds of prey...
- Dates: 28 October - 1 November 2010
- For more information: Call JJ van Rensburg on 044 343 1303 / 083 325 9897
- Annual Sunset Serenade in KNP is hosted by the HR's of the Counter Poaching and Ranger Support Services. Book early as accommodation availability is limited!
- Dates: 8 - 12 September 2010 and 29 September 2010
- Wildlife Photography Day hosted by the Johannesburg Honorary Rangers
- Date: 1 May 2010 at the the Field and Study Centre in Sandton
- For more information: Call Cathryn on 082 4522 728
- Marakele Birding Weekends
- Dates: 16-18 April & 15-17 October 2010
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Coast National Park Birding Weekend
- Dates: 09-11 April 2010
- For more information: Jenny Lodge - 082 804 5539
2009 Public Events
- Marakele Birding Weekend: Unique, exclusive and exciting!
- West Rand Honorary Rangers hosts beginners birding course
- West Rand HR 12th Annual Birding Weekend in 2010
- West Rand HR Photographic Safari in Mapungubwe takes place 18-20 September 2009.
- Sasol Wilderness Birding Experience is taking place at Wilderness National Park from 15-19 October 2009.
- Sasol Addo Birding Weekend is taking place from 23 - 25 October 2009:
- Johannesburg (Jhb) Honorary Rangers to host a Golf Day on 16 September 2009. Go on, support this fun initiative!
- Sasol Agulhas Birding Weekend takes place during October 30 - November 1, 2009. Book early to avoid disappointment!
- Annual Sunset Serenade at the Kruger National Park celebrates its 10th anniversary this year! It will be taking place in June and September 2009. Bookings for June are full, however, September is open for booking!
- West Coast Marathon takes place on 14 March 2009:
2008 Public Events
All the Honorary Ranger birding events have several sponsors, but the primary sponsor for both events is SASOL.
- Honorary Ranger Birding Events for 2008
- Note that the Honorary Rangers also sponsor a number of Golf Days, exhibits and other events. These are usually detailed under 'latest news'.
2007 Public Events
You can read up on the impressive number of HR events and initiatives for 2007 here.
2006 Public Events
The following is a list of some of the Honorary Rangers coordinated events that the public is invited and encouraged to participate in during 2006.
- Counter-Poaching Display 16 June: Pretoria Region HRs
- Ranger Support Service - Mokhohlolo: Game capture and wilderness camp in Kruger, on weekends in August 2006.
- Concert in the Kruger-13-17 September
- Marakele Birding Weekend - 20 to 22 October 2006
- Glendower Soutspansberg: Birds and Forest Festival, co-hosted by Marakele: 3 to 5 November 2006.
- Big Birding Weekend: co-hosted by Golden Gate National Park and Honorary Rangers from the Free State, Vaaldriehoek and Bankenveld Regions
- Ranger Support Service - Mokhohlolo: Game capture and wilderness camp in Kruger, April 2006
- Thabazimbi Expo: Marakele National Park - 27 April to 30 April 2006. Game drives and guided walks offer an opportunity to explore the park in unique ways.
- West Coast National Park Birding Weekend - 24 to 26 March 2006 .
- Ranger Support Service: Letaba Sunset Serenade (29 March to 2 April 2006) (MS Word or PDF File)
- Kgalagadi Adventure Raptor Trail - 19 to 24 March 2006. Join the West Rand Honorary Rangers (HR's) with some of South Africa's top birding specialists in pioneering the Kgalagadi Raptor Adventure.
- January Birding Weekend: Kruger