- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Filming & Photography in Parks
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Procedure for Filming & Photography Permits Applications
There is an enormous demand locally and internationally for wildlife and landscape photographs and footage for film, television, books, advertising etc.
This demand has resulted in national parks under SANParks management being inundated with requests for commercial filming or photography permits.
National Parks are the pride of a country and SANParks has been tasked to manage certain of the country’s natural and cultural heritage. Conservation of these areas and their contents is our primary mandate. Showcasing this country’s natural heritage and beauty to the world is also a consideration, but never at the cost of conservation.
As such, SANParks has reviewed its policy and tariffs for filming and photography in National Parks.
- As from 4 August 2009, SANParks has instituted the following procedure for applications for permits for filming and photography in National Parks.
- All application forms can be downloaded from this website and should be faxed through to the number on the application form.
- Please go through the tariff document before filling in the application form as once an invoice for the application has been filled out, no amendments can be made.
- Once an application has been filled and sent to SANParks, the application will be evaluated to assess the impact of the activity.
- Should the application be successful, an invoice will be issued and only after proof of payment has been sent to SANParks, will a permit be issued.
- Suggested Filming & Photography Tariffs
- New Filming & Photography Tariffs - Valid from 1 September 2013
- Application Form
For all enquiries, please contact:
Tel: (021) 712 2884 or 712 2337 / 0527
Fax: (021) 713 1542
For Kruger National Park applications, contact:
Mr William Mabasa
Tel: (013) 735 4363
Please ensure that you read the policy and go through the tariffs thoroughly.
Table Mountain National Park Filming, Photography, Events, Functions and Races:
Should you wish to hold an event, function, race, film or have a stills shoot in Table Mountain National Park, please download and complete one of the forms below:
- Application for Filming and Photography in Table Mountain National Park
- Application for Events, Functions and Races in Table Mountain National Park
Please email the completed forms to email@example.com
We do not accept fax submissions.
Please click on the link below for further important information regarding filming, photography, and events in Table Mountain National Park: Table Mountain National Park - Film and Photography Permits
Park Specific Commercial Operator Permits
Table Mountain National Park
Please click on the link below for information regarding commercial operators in Table Mountain National Park:
Table Mountain National Park - Commercial Operators