Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: ritad's One day @ Kruger. Sept. '12
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Exactly a year ago we flew from Vienna via Dubai to Johannesburg. Monday morning we took a shuttle to Kruger Greater NP where we spent a few days in the bush.

Thursday 19/09/12 we went for a trip to the Kruger. Once there, we were the first car @ Orpen --> Time 05.20am. But something gets wrong. Yes, we've made an mistake. The Gate still not open @ 05.30am. The Gates open @ 06.00am. Ok, no Problem. Now we waited and waited,... But whats that in the dusk?? A Shadow in the dark???.. Oh, thats an Elephant. We were realy lucky about that.

06.00am the Gate opened the doors. Now we headed direction Orpen Camp. Arrived there we take some lovely coffee and drived on H7 direction Satara....

To be continued......

Orpen: 27/09 - 30/09/2015
Skukuza: 30/09 - 02/10/2015 (booking soon)
Pretoriuskop: 02/10 - 04/10/2015 (booking soon)

Post subject: Re: One day @ Kruger
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

First: i must say Thx @ all for reading part I..
Second: sorry for my "not so good" englisch
Third: this TR is from the perspective of my husband

And here is

PART II:

Now we headed with our Suzuki and our Ranger to Satara. For the first we saw some beautiful Impalas, Eagles and Waterbucks.

After 20minutes we decided to take the Road S106 next to H7. Was that a right or a false choice??
After 4km i heard a loud STOP STOP from the back seat of the car. It was my Wife, she said "A Lepard, a Lepard". I looked out of the car but i can't see nothing only bush :big_eyes: . But my wife had the perfect sight to the lepard and maked some Pics from it.

Wow the first time in SA and then we made a Jackpot with this guy. My wife couldn't believe it. We were realy realy excited about that. With the fortune of the brave :D :D we continued with our trip. But It tooks less then 5 minutes and the next highlight was born:
100meters ahead us crossed a Rhino the road. But this Rhino didn't ask us whether it actually can cross the road. Incredible. :D :D

After that highlight we continued on the Road S106. Again an animal crossed the road but this time it was not a Rhino. It was an hyena. Finally we were lucky.

Now we are arrived @ Bobejaankrans Viewing platform. This fantastic view was realy amazing. We loved that.

OK go on, lets head to Satara, the breakfast calls :D

On the way to the camp we past elefants, many many Impalas and so on,... AND a DEAD Hippo on the way... "Dead and Live in KNP"

At 09.30am we arrived @ Satara for Breakfast...

To be continued

Post subject: Re: One day @ Kruger
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:43 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

After my two week vacation i'll back and here is Part III: :popcorn:

Now we're @ Satara Camp and our Ranger said to us we should look around the camp and come back after 30minutes. In the meantime our Ranger is preparing the brunch... :D

OK, now lets go and explore the Camp. After we visited the shop we went to the fence. Hmm, whats that @ the waterhole?? Oh, yeah it was an big Elefant. We were really happy about that again :dance: :dance: :dance:

We wanted to took some photos, but we've some problems. No sorry, not me but my wife. She's got the wrong objective for her Cam. Now she must run back to the car and change the objective. Then she could make some good photos :cam: :cam:

30minutes are gone, we're went back to have breakfast or lunch or brunch. Whatever :)

Whats going on @ our Picnic Spot?? With a cookingapron and a fork in the left hand our Ranger is making some braai "Bushburger" for us... Wow this Burgers were realy amazing ;-)

After this magnificant brunch we boarded our SUV and headed on the S90 direction Gudzani. Then back on S41 Gudzani Damm and then to Orpen Gate. On this Noon and afternoon trip we saw many many of animals.

(my fav. Pic)

@ approx. 05.40pm we were back @ our Camp. This day we were never forget. It was amazing and awesome together ;-)

Here is our sighting list for this day:

2pces Rhino
2pces Secretary bird
3pces Brown Snake Eagle
21pces Baboons
1pce dead Hippo
4pces Crocs
1pce Vulture
Approx. 23pces Baboons
Approx. 15pces Elephants
Approx. 342pces Impalas
Approx. 86pces Waterbucks
Approx. 20pces Giraffen
Approx. 43pces Pumbas
Approx. 18pces Hippos
and so on...

THE END :think:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]