Bouf's Sightings : Addo Nov-Dec 2005

Tell us about your breathtaking experiences in the parks

Moderator: hilda

DebM
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Bouf's Sightings : Addo Nov-Dec 2005

Unread postby DebM » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:12 pm

After MZNP, Addo seems incredibly busy. The rondaval, no.2 had a good view of the WH. Though due to the recent and frequent rain during our stay not too much came down to drink.
Had really good sightings of Ellie's. Saw many warthog, ostrich, tortoise and kudu. All six adult lions but they were all camera shy. One black rhino from a distance. Plus buffs, eland, hartebeest, jackal etc...Heard hyena.
Enjoyed the sunset drive, (no sunset - thunderstorm) even though the weather wasn't brilliant. Excellent guide. Wimped out of the night drive the following evening - howling wind -driving rain - we turned up but fortunately where given the option as to go out or not. That evening's sunset drive saw nothing and they all came back rather damp.
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them. Louisa May Alcott

DebM
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby DebM » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:56 pm

A few more photos
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them. Louisa May Alcott

Return to “Travel Tales”