Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Jekalo's KTP trip favorite pics - June 2007
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:13 pm 

In June we spent 5 nights in KTP and these are some of our favorite pictures from this trip. We took hundreds but these are some of the better or more unusual ones. One of the pictures was not taken at KTP, can you guess which one? Oops, there are two taken outside KTP, one in Marakele and one in Kruger. All in all we spent 32 days in SA, not nearly enough time in such a wonderful place. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:58 pm 

Right you are about the Klipspringer, this was taken at Marakele when we drove up to look for the vultures only to find the top covered with a dense fog. This little one was only meters away from us when it apeared out of the fog and stayed just long enough for a couple of quick pictures. The caracal pictures were taken near Mata Mata and after watching him stalk mice for several minutes he hunched down in the grass to hide himself from a passing blackbacked jackel. This was early in the morning just after the gates had opened.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:26 pm 

Yikes! How did that buff get into that group of pics? This is the first attempt to upload to this site and I think what was showing on my screen is not all that got loaded. The old guy was the last animal we saw as we left the pafuri gate in Kruger. Thanks for the heads up on that, I will have to go back and see if there are any other "stray" animals on the post. The pair of honey badgers were very cooperative, they followed the road for over a kilometer, digging among the brush patches along side the road and by the time they wandered off had caused quite a traffic jam.
Please, don't go near the water.
I have just checked my screen and don't see the buffalo, where did you find him?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]