Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Eish !
The car has been packed and the tank is full.
We are ready to go.
Jose will, so kindly, convey our SMS reporting and I will also submit live
reports, hopefully with photos, as often as possible (GPRS network coverage permitting).
The following is our complete itinerary:
Day One: 2nd October: Pretoria to Berg en Dal.
• Monument Park, N4, Malelane Gate.
• Malelane Gate to Berg en Dal – S110. – Unpack.
• Matjula View Point, S120, Timfenheni Loop,S114, S119,Gardenia Hide,S25,S114,S110 back to Berg en Dal.
Day Two: 3rd October: Berg en Dal
• H3 to Afsaal Picnic Spot, H2-2, S114,Old Selati Rail Route, Mpondo Dam, S26, Crocodile River Road, Berg en Dal.
• Sunset Drive @ 17hoo.
Day Three: 4th October: Berg en Dal to Skukuza
• Afsaal Picnic Spot, Voortrekker Road, Albasini Road, Doispane Road, Lake Panic Hide, Skukuza.
Day Four: 5th October: Skukuza
• Marula Loop, Nkhulu Picnic Spot, N’Watimhiri Road, Renosterkoppies Dam, Transport Dam, Mathekanyane (Granokop), Skukuza. Selati Restaurant.
Day Five: 6th October: Skukuza to Orpen
• H12 Loop, Mantimahle Dam, S36, Nhlanguleni Picnic Spot, S145 past Talamati, H2 to Orpen. Orpen Waterhole.
Day Six: 7th October: Orpen to Letaba
• H7, Timbavati Road to Timbavati Picnic Spot, Ratelpan Hide, S39 past Roodewal, H1-4, N’wamanzi Lookout, H1-5, Letaba. Glass of wine overlooking the river.
Day Seven:8th October: Letaba
• Matambeni Hide, H1-6, Twisappel Dam, Makhadzi Picnic Spot, S47 Letaba River Road, Shilawuri Loop Nhlanganini Loop, Letaba.
Day Eight: 9th October: Letaba to Shingwedzi
• H9 to Phalaborwa, Masorini Picnic Spot, Sable Dam Hide, H14 to Mopani, Mooiplaas Picnic Spot, H1-6 to Shingwedzi.
Day Nine: 10th October: Shingwedzi
• Sunrise Drive @ 4h30am.
• Kanniedood Dam Hide, Nyawutsi Hide, Tropic of Capricorn Loop, Old Main Road, Shingwedzi.
Day Ten: 11th October: Shingwedzi to Punda Maria
• Red Rocks, Tshanga Lookout, Babalala Picnic Spot, Punda Maria
• Mahonie Loop, Dzundwini Loop. Trail inside Punda Maria Camp.
Day Eleven: 12th October: Punda Maria
• S60, S59, H1-8, Pafuri Picnic Spot, Crooks Corner, Thulamela Archaelogical site, Pafuri Gate, S61, H1-8, H13-1, Punda Gate, Thulamela Waterhole, Punda Maria.
Day Twelve: 13th October: Punda Maria to Mopani.
• Babalala Picnic Spot, S56, Lamont Loop,Kanniedood Dam Hide, Redrocks Lookout, Mopani.
• Drinks on the verandah.
Day Thirteen: 14th October: Mopani
• Mooiplaas Picnic Spot, Confluence Lookout, Nshawu No 1 etc, Tropic of Capricorn Loop, Shongololo Loop, Pioneer Hide, Shipandani Hide, Joubert’s Grave, Lookout Point, Mopani.
Day Fourteen: 15th October: Mopani to Satara
• Makhadzi Picnic Spot, Matambeni Hide, N’wamanzi Lookout, Ngotso Dam, Satara. Nsemani Dam.
Day Fifteen: 16th October: Satara
• S100 N’Wanetsi River Road, Gudzani Road,, N’Wanetsi Picnic Spot, Sweni Hide, Trichardt Road, H1-3, Nkaya Pan, Satara.
• Night Drive @ 20h00.
Day Sixteen: 17th October: Satara to Tamboti
• S100, Gudzani, H6, Sweni Road, Muzandzeni Picnic Spot, S36, Rabelais Loop.
• Go to Orpen to book in, Tamboti.
Day Seventeen: 18th October: Tamboti
• Rabelais Loop, Muzandzeni Picnic Spot, Nwaswitswontso Road, H1-3, Nsemani Dam, H7, Tamboti.
Day Eighteen: 19th October: Tamboti to Olifants
• H7, Nsemani Dam, Satara, H1-4, Old Main Road S90, H1-4, Olifants.
• Olifants Camp View Point.
Day Nineteen: 20th October: Olifants
• S92, Balule, S89 Ngotso Weir Road, H1-4, H8, Olifants.
• Afternoon Walk.
Day Twenty: 21st October: Olifants
• S44, S93, S46, Engelhard Dam, Letaba, S94, S46, H1-5, H8, Olifants.
Day Twenty One: 22nd October: Olifants to Lower Sabie • H8, H1-4, Ngotso Dam, Satara, H1-3, Tshokwane Picnic Spot, Orpen Dam Loop, Nkumbe Viewsite, H10, Lower Sabie. Sunset Dam.
Day Twenty Two: 23rd October: Lower Sabie
• S29, Mlondozi Dam PicnicSpot, Salitjie Road, Nkuhlu Picnic Spot, Mativuhlungu Loop, Sunset Dam.
Day Twenty Three: 24th October: Lower Sabie – Pretoria • S28, Ntandanyathi Hide, Nhlanganzwani Dam, Nhlowa Road, Gomodwane Loop, Hippo Pools, Crocodile Bridge Gate.
• Book out of Park.
• Go Home: N4, Nelspruit, Witbank, Pretoria.
Life is uncertain - eat your dessert first.
Last edited by cybeR@NGER on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.