SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 5 of 11 [ 155 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:10 pm Unread post
you would have no problems or no need to worry about it, infants ( under the age of 2 ) do not pay any fees in the park.
Last post

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:12 pm Unread post
Hi, I apologise if I am reapeating a question (I see it was asked once but I don't see a reply). Most of the camps that we are keen to go to seem to have accommodation for 3 people and we need one unit for four people. :(
Is there a way to arrange for an extra bed to be put in at all? The camps I am looking at are Crocodile Bridge, Skukuza, Lower Sabie. We would also like Satara and although they have some 4 sleepers they seem to be snapped up very quickly always. We also prefer our own bathroom although we don't mind communal kitchen facilities. My hubby just doesn't go for sharing bathrooms.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 am Unread post
Kaykay

Most of the camps do allow for an extra person in the three sleepers, although once booked you have to confirm whith the specific camp. Like Lower Sabie do not give matrasses but Satara do..
If you do not want to share a bathroom the you will have to get two 2 sleeper bungalows.

Accommodation

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:43 pm Unread post
Hello. I am new to the Forums and find them quite confusing but I guess I will learn! I am trying to find out what the accommodatin codes all mean - e.g. BD, BG, BG3B, Z, V, etc etc. Is there somewhere on the website that lists what these all mean without hovering over them each time and trying to compare... Thanks.

Re: Accommodation

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:37 am Unread post
Hi Annabel,
Welcome to the forums. If you just roll your mouse over the name (in this case Bungalow) you should get a popup with the explanation.

Re: Accommodation

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:07 am Unread post
When you follow the instructions as given by shutterbug you will see exactly what the meaning of the abbreviations are as well as what the unit consists of.

Profile  WWW 
Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 pm Unread post
Hi Leo, welcome the the forum and congratulations on your wedding.

The safari tents are always a good option, especially the luxury ones. Lower Sabie have some that over look the river, Tamboti is very quiet and bush like and looks onto a dry river bed (in Dec you might get it flowing if you are lucky). And Punda's also have a very nice view. However they only have fans not air con so may get a bit hot.

Olifants have lovely rondavels with fantastic views over the valley. Letaba and Lower Sabie also have bungalows with river views but are not as secluded. And Orpen have cottages overlooking the waterhole where the webcam is situated.

You could splash out and get a guest cottage. Satara has one with it's own waterhole. And there's a lovely one at Shingwedzi, again overlooking the river and with views across the causeway.

Then there are the bush camps, but you would need to self cater. Not sure if you really want to cook on your honeymoon?

There are private alternatives but we aren't really allowed to talk to you about them openly, if anyone has any recommendations they will PM you with them.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:44 pm Unread post
Is there anywhere where one can find they type of accommodation on the Camp maps? My maps all have unit numbers but I cannot find out what type of accommodation each unit is. The main reason is to avoid certain spots - such as the A circle at Letaba. I would like to find this for all the camps for future reference. thanks

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 pm Unread post
Hi Sue,

If you have a look Here

click on the camp you want and you will see in the right hand bottom a map showing where it is in the park, then click on Camp Map.
A couple of them are a little out of date but most will give you an idea of where the various types of accommodation are and their numbers.
Please shout if you need any further help.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:42 am Unread post
Just trying to decipher the accommodation - I have emailed my query, but no answer of yet. Hopefully someone can please help. Planning a trip for my family: dh, me and 3 kids (6,4,2)

When the accommodation says max 4 beds/people - would I still be able to book that as my 2yo will be in a portable cot? I'd still be paying for them as they are 2? Hoping I can as it's a big jump in price when having to book the 5 plus beds especially as the little one wont be using a bed

Thanks for your help

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:48 am Unread post
Hi There

Your baby can have a cot as far as I am aware with no cost. I have my nephews arriving from Australia and the 9 year old pays half price. The cottage was full but they have allowed me to bring in a mattress for him although he still pays half board. I would suggest if you can to phone the hours here are 7am to 4.30pm maybe you can fit in your time. Not sure of your time lapse but I know Melbourne is 8 hours ahead. The number to phone is +27124289111. Hope this helps. I have found the phone the best way of booking as you get immediate response.

Hope you are successful. Good luck

Nicki

Mon May 14, 2012 12:36 pm Unread post
I agree there are no hooks for Mossie nets. I found the window and door nets quite adequate. You could take some tabard with you for your arms and legs esp feet.

Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 am Unread post
We've never found any attachment points for netting, though as has been mentioned, the door and window screens seem quite adequate. We also keep the ceiling fan in the bungalow running, which helps keep them off you. we use DEET type repellants and keep covered as much as possible and haven't yet had a problem

Profile  WWW 
Sun May 27, 2012 10:37 am Unread post
Hi Racky, welcome to the forum.

I can well understand your confusion, I was exactly the same the first time I booked, and there was no forum to ask back then.

As MM said Kruger can get busy in August so you will need to have a look what accommodation is available fairly soon.

All the accommodation in the park is self-catering but ranges from very basic huts with communal ablutions and kitchens to bungalows with ensuite and kitchenettes. All accommodation has a fridge and most have aircon (except the Safari tents). All accommodation has bed linen and towels provided. If no utensils are in the unit then they can be rented from reception for a nominal fee. The "larger" main camps have a shop and restaurant, the bush camps don't. So now have I confused you more than ever?

Please come back to us with any questions you have. And have a look here to give you an indication of what the accommodation looks like.

Accomdation help....where are we ??

Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm Unread post
Afternoon

We have booked hut 18 in olifants :dance:
and hut 26 in bergendal :dance: 2 very nice huts, but i am having trouble finding the other 2 huts in satara and PKop, as cant find the codes they have given us on their maps.

Satara we are in GC6B where is this and does any one have a photo of it, and Pkop FF6D. :hmz:

can anyone help locate these for us :whistle:

MMM

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Page 5 of 11 [ 155 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic