SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Bruce Bryden - A Game Ranger Remembers

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:53 pm Unread post
Busy with it at the moment. Well played that man!
Last post

Re: Bruce Bryden - A Game Ranger Remembers

Junior Virtual Ranger
Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:21 pm Unread post
I bought the book here in the UK from Waterstones and my mother has just read it before me. She adored it and I am now looking for other books for her to read as she has never been to KNP or SA and we are considering coming.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Profile  WWW 
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:01 am Unread post
I keep this book on my bedside table and whenever I'm down I read a few chapters, (Go with God Bruce) and your wife, God bless you in Knysna and may you and your children live a happy life!!!! bruce and I were the same age and I went to Redhill school (boarding) and I do believe that Maritz Brothers was jyst down the street!!!! Crazy we never met, and yet we both had the same interests - Henriette you were an amazing wife - wow, the things you did were incredible, and such an inspiration is an amazing lesson to us all!!!!! Live your life as Bruce would have wanted you to!!!!!! Much love, Sally Reed, Gauteng!

Forum Assistant
Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 am Unread post
I have read this book a while ago, and will definitely read it again. I can definitely recommend it to any Kruger lover! It is a real eye-opener into a ranger's life. :thumbs_up:

Junior Virtual Ranger
Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:26 pm Unread post
I got this book as a gift and what a wonderful book this was. The different stories and adventures of Bruce comes alive and I found myself reading until the early hours of the morning.

This is truly a must have !!!! :clap:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:12 pm Unread post
Leeukos, I am busy with it currently (rifle section) and agree it is most insightful to learn about the real life stories and the lessons learnt from the rangers view.

Can I recommend you get hold of Kobie Kruger's books - Mahlengeni first and then 'All things wild and wonderful' (refer thread on Kobie Kruger books). Bruce made reference to Kobus Kruger on a few occassions in his book who also was a ranger during the same time as Bruce in Kruger. In his introduction he mentioned that all the rangers were encouraged to write about their experiences, but not many did so.

16 days to go to my next visit and I will certainly relive Bruce's experiences when visiting Shingwedzi. :thumbs_up:

Virtual Ranger
Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:19 pm Unread post
A fantastic, interesting, "cant-put-this-down" book which is a must read for any wildlife enthusiast! It highlights a lot of interesting facts surrounding Kruger and what exactly goes on behind the scenes in the life of a Game Ranger.

Senior Virtual Ranger
Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 pm Unread post
Agree with your sentiments, Batmad. I also loved reading this book. :thumbs_up:

The life of a Game Ranger is not an easy one. They often had to put animals out of their missery and definately no easy task, then the emotional element as well that comes with it :hmz: . What about them losing their dogs... :hmz:
We look at them with different eyes and really appreciate what they are doing for nature. :thumbs_up:

Game Ranger Remembers - Bruce Bryden

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:02 pm Unread post
I've been reading this book as of late. It's the kindle version so sadly the pictures aren't the same as per the printed copy.

The normality of how he tells various tales makes for very interesting reading and also gives great insight on to the life of a Ranger within KNP.

Don't expect a Stephen King thriller, but it does paint a picture of life as it was for the rangers of old.

I'd recommend this book as it has put me in 'Kruger' mode and given me lots to laugh about.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 am Unread post
I'm an enjoying reading Mr Bryden's book for the forth time. Well worth buying for your library.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic