Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm Unread post
collected from the banks of the Olifants river
Last post

Re: THE GREAT BALULE FORUM CAMPOUT AND CLEANUP

Forum Assistant
Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:33 pm Unread post
Yes I realise that, but I meant , how does it get there in the first place!! :thumbs_up:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 pm Unread post
PetraJ wrote
Hi everyone. I am back at work today. Thank you very much for all the well wishes. We are fine, still a bit stiff, sore and blue/green, but that will soon pass as well. I am so glad you all enjoyed the weekend. I heard that there will be another clean-up next year? I will be there definitely :thumbs_up:

So very grateful that you are well, Petra and really sorry about the accident :( .

:clap: To ALL participating in this event ! 8)
Thanks also to the mod who worked 'behind the scene' to help make this possible... :clap: Bert !

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:18 am Unread post
I see a nurse lurking in the background. :whistle: An d she left us to suffer with a babelaas. :tongue:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:33 am Unread post
Hay everyone, I hope you guys enjoyed the camp weekend in the kruger national park. It was nice meeting you all. Thanx for so much fun cant wait for the next camp!!!

Junior Virtual Ranger
Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:19 pm Unread post
Hi everyone,

At last, I have a little time to catch up again.

Thanx to everyone involved, This weekend was fantastic! :dance: A Big :clap: to BunnyHugger who initiated it, and to Bert behind the scene's and to Lowveldboy for keeping us all together.

Big thanx to SANPARKS allowing us in the end to go for the walk and clean-up.

To my fellow Formites, nice meeting you all, and I definitely hope we can do this in the near future again. I will post my trip report over the weekend.

There are still a lot of places where we can clean up. EcoJunckie suggested Malelane in the beginning of this thread, or maybe we can do it at Balule again. It stays an excellent camp.

Please try to move the weekend to one of the other long weekends. Traffic wise, not an good idea over the Easter weekend. :pray:

Forum Assistant
Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 pm Unread post
Still waiting for a reply to my earlier question.
How did all that rubbish get to the banks of the Olifants River :big_eyes: :big_eyes:

Junior Virtual Ranger
Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:31 pm Unread post
I think most of the rubbish came down with the river. Especially when flooding. Most of the stuff were between the pieces of cane and branches on the edge of the river bank. There were a lot of shoes, and a polystyrene cool box that were broken into millions of pieces, even a toothbrush.
But be assure, after we left there, the piece of Kruger where we walked, is clean. :D

Junior Virtual Ranger
Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:35 pm Unread post
Welcome Water bokkie,

It was nice meeting you. I hope you will join us for the next meeting. Maybe the Cricket 2012?

Forum Assistant
Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:38 pm Unread post
GeoCor - :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:23 pm Unread post
PetraJ and family, we were shocked and saddened to hear about your misfortune. Wishing you all a speedy recovery from this trauma. Same goes for Geocor and her family that were on the scene of the accident seconds after it happened. Our hearts and prayers go out to you all. At the same time we praise God for protecting you from more serious harm.

For us it certainly put a damper on things. We were looking forward to seeing you again. I just caught up with this thread and have noticed that I made mention of deo volente in a response to your post. Just shows us that life can change in the blink of an eye.

Senior Virtual Ranger
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:45 pm Unread post
Dear Baluleans, it was great to see the familiar faces once again and to 'reunite'. :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: Thank you for a most enjoyable weekend under the stars, roughing it out.

Josh and SO, lovely meeting you. :dance: :dance: LVB and parents too. :dance: :dance: (LVB, kindly convey our appreciation to your Mom for the 'potbrood'. It was delicious. :clap: )

Vlakvarksegat and SO, :dance: :dance: we saw too little of you this weekend. :? (Don't blame you, though, you were probably hiding from the naughty bunch that was bunched together to the South of your site). :twisted: :wink:

Robert, :dance: :dance: so lovely to meet you and SO again. And J and J. :dance: Saw too little of you too, though. :? I suppose all that cooking and cleaning kept you too busy. :twisted: :tongue:

Michel, :dance: :dance: happy that you made it to B eventually. :dance: :dance: With the emphasis on eventually. :twisted: (I thought that you might stay over at Sprocks' place). :twisted: :wink: I hope that you have survived the Tannie's roosterkoek.

Sprocks, :dance: :dance: very nice to see you again. A big hug to your LO from this side. She surely does know her birds. :dance: :dance:

Tshuks, :dance: :dance: lovely to see you and the family again. And those chippies you made for me were delicious. :tongue: :mrgreen:

Geocor, :dance: :dance: we are still waiting for you on the stoep of our luxury accommodation. :hmz: It was lovely to see you and family again, and hats off for seeing this through under such dire circumstances. We should have tea soon. :thumbs_up:

Scips, what can I say? First of all, thank you for bringing JB and Poplap to the cleanup (they looked as if they needed it), and secondly, as always, it was good to see you again. :dance: :dance: Lienca, nice meeting you too and the other newbies. :dance: :dance:

Last but not least, BH, :clap: :clap: we thought about you, and regretted your absence. Thanks for initiating this weekend and Micetta, thanks for initiating a second. :tongue: Hope you can make it to the second one. :twisted:

Not over a long weekend again, and next time, please let us organise a dedicated baby sitter in advance. :? :rtm: :tongue: :thumbs_up:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:51 pm Unread post
To all KNP staff members that were involved in this operation - a huge thank you from our side. :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: With huge appreciation. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm Unread post
Hi Elzet:-D,nice meeting you and everyone else,although we didn't chat much,sure we will catch up next time.Agree on the babysitter part;-D.Water_bokkie welcome to the forum;-).

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Virtual Ranger
Location: Unfortunately not in KNP so I had to settle with Jo'burg
Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 pm Unread post
Seeing that I teach them at school and babysit some of them after school I hereby nominate uuuhhhmmm.... BUSHMOM for babysitting duties next year! :tongue:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 75 of 78 [ 1160 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic