SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mushrooms and Fungi

Virtual Ranger
Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:54 pm Unread post
What a wealth of information you are! I see you already posted before I could send you the photo as requested, so obviously no need. We LOVED the !Xerry trail, so I thank you for adding to the enormous amount of knowledge we gained while on the trail with John and Jerome. Now, I'm off to learn more about this seemingly strange sight in the KTP....much appreciated.
Last post

Re: Mushrooms and Fungi

Guru
Profile  WWW 
Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 am Unread post
AFRICAT,

Only a pleasure, I will start a tread on the Arid park part of the forum discussing the plant life with interesting info. It might not be this year 2010 :tongue: but it will be up early in January 2011, so look out for it

Senior Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:00 pm Unread post
That would be great, Jan :thumbs_up: I have quite a few KTP plant pix and help with ID would be much appreciated. There's an arid region plants thread here, but I've only occassionally gotten a reply :( Would it be best to keep the plants threads here in the plants forum? Or is what you plan a bit different from an ID thread?

Guru
Profile  WWW 
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:08 pm Unread post
Hi there Arks,

I don’t always have the time to jump to other threads, I normally go onto the Arid parks and assist there where I can, unless I do get a pm to go and see if I could help out on another thread. Therefore it would be great to have a plants thread (only KTP) on the Arid forum. It would be a bit different than just ID but also to supply useful information regarding the Fauna and Flora
It is to try and avoid like you mentioned questions asked but hardly any answers where on the Arid parks I would be able to see the need or request and can make a plan right there.

You are welcome to post the plant questions you have and I will attend to it ASAP

Senior Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:13 pm Unread post
Thanks, Jan, I do understand that you don't have time to be checking out more than the Arid Parks forum. When you start your thread there, I will have plenty of plant ID pix (and also some things that I think are bird's nests) to post :whistle: I just can't help photographing interesting plants and then wondering what they are :wall: :wink:

Guru
Profile  WWW 
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:25 pm Unread post
Arks,

I have started a thread "What is this....?' Please post your questions and pics for at the end of the day it keeps me on my toes and I will also learn something new.

Senior Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:43 pm Unread post
Thanks, Jan, I will have plenty of "mysteries" to post for you! :tongue: :wink:

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 am Unread post
So love hunting for both but we know so little about them. None the less that does not stop us shooting them at every opportunity. So if anyone can help with identifying these I would be so thankful

Near Majulu bridge near Berg en Dal

Found by Pretoriouskop pool

Found by Satara pool

In Lower Sabie camp grounds
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/08/yby9emas.jpg[/img]

Near our campsite at BnD

At Pretoriuskop entry gate

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic