SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 am Unread post
Hi, I'm a teacher in England, and I've just joined the forum as my class are currently studying African habitats.

When I tried to join the forum, I was asked whether I was born before or after 1999. Not sure why I was being asked, I selected the after 1999 option, as I thought it might be to censor the forum for children, and I wanted the forum to be a safe place to visit with my class. However, I had joined, I discovered that I had to have a form signed by my parents...

Needless to say, I created a new account (this one). My old account was MrNeill. Feel free to delete it.

Last post

Re: New Member

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 am Unread post
Welcome Mr_Neil :D

good to know that you are born before 1999 :lol: :lol: , being a teacher.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 am Unread post
Welcome Mr_Neill!

We will delete the old account, and can then change this username to that of the old account. Only if you so wish.

You will find a great deal of info on there forums for your pupils. Should you require any assistance, please PM any one of the mods, or just ask on the forums.

We do moderate the forums very strictly and ensure they are kept 'family' friendly.

Perhaps your pupils would like to start a topic where they can ask questions related to the topics of these forums, and the members can reply to them? Just a suggestion.

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:39 am Unread post
Mr_Neill,
Welcome... you will find this forum very child friendly and we have a bunch of moderators that see its kept that way so your school children can brouse to their hearts content and you dont have to worry about the nasty things. ( just be warned it can be rather addictive..in a good way of course) There are several children on the forum and some contibute regularly look up Batmad He is a teenager now but is a whizz on bats .

We are a nutty bunch sometimes but a great bunch and hope the children learn a lot from the threads ,

Virtual Ranger
Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 am Unread post
Welcome to the forum, Mr_Neill. :thumbs_up:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:46 am Unread post
Welcome :) Any chance you want to bring a cricket team over to play against us in the Kruger park ;)

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:11 pm Unread post
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Thanks DinkyBird for the offer of changing my name - I've actually warmed to this one now, I think I prefer it.

I love the question topic idea - I might steal that and pretend it was my own! :P

Junior Virtual Ranger
Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm Unread post
Welcome to the forum Mr_Neil - looking forward to seeing your question & answer thread :0)

Virtual Ranger
Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:20 pm Unread post
Welcome Mr_Neil! Great idea, I hope you all enjoy your virtual visits to Africa!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic