SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Top planning hints for your Kruger visit

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:33 pm Unread post
Hi TD -- I see no-one attempted your question ...

OK
, we also have 2 cooler boxes -- one for cooldrinks & ice &,yes, the marge & lettuce & stuff :lol: and the other for meat -- same as you.

But we don't camp, so can leave the one with the meat behind when we go on day trips :lol:

Basically -- we just take what we're going to use for the day (breakfast & Lunch) & leave the rest. But, in your case, camping, It would depend on whether the coolbox is cooler in the car or not & also on whether you would get back to find it raided by the monkey corps :lol:

Once again -- staying in bungalow, one must take your own picnic set for eating "on the run" as it were. Nothing elaborate -- paper plates or plastic are fine :lol: If we were camping, we would use only 1 set of cutlery but probably still use paper plates for meals out.

Hope that makes sense :hmz:
Last post

Re: Top planning hints for your Kruger visit

Virtual Ranger
Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 am Unread post
Hi TD
We normally take a small coolbox (6 pack size) for cold drinks plus a cool bag with picnic goodies inside. These are extra to whatever we are using for storing meat, veg etc. which vary depending on how we are staying i.e camping; bungalow etc. The cool bag is permanently equipped with plates, cutlery and mugs - from experience we have found it less "stressful" as things are not forgotten in the rush to leave camp at the crack of dawn!

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:56 am Unread post
I have a cheap Bushbaby picnic back-pack which I bought at Checkers. It has 4 place settings and a cool-bag plus 2 bottle coolers. This goes with me in the car for drinks etc, and is my basic camping equipment too.

Also have a thermocooler for cold stuff when travelling, and it plugs into mains for use as a fridge at campsite. Did get a camping freezer too.......but that is because I am based here and use it a lot.

Junior Virtual Ranger
Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:16 pm Unread post
p@m,PNF,EJ, thank you very much for answering my questions and also thank you for the advice, it has been most helpful

Junior Virtual Ranger
Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:40 pm Unread post
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW THE CAMERA WORKS - I tried to download all our holiday photos from December 2013 yesterday, I pressed something that I shouldn't have and now they are all gone :cry: :cry: My hubby went to the shop that we purchased the camera from and they told him how we should have downloaded the photographs, why didn't they tell us this when we purchased the camera????? Anyway we only have to wait until 21 December to see the Kruger again and of course I have the memories of our December 2013 trip but at my age I don't seem to remember as much as I could 30 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:47 pm Unread post
to tent dweller

Im fairly sure that if you have a look on the internet you should be able to find a program that will enable you too recover your photos. I have used a program in the past, cant remember the name and now have a different computer, with good results. Google " photo recovery from camera cards" and see how you go

Mike Goss

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:50 am Unread post
Love this thread.

We'll be returning to KNP soon for a short trip. Routes are being planned, bags prepacked food menu and also the important binocs & camera gear checked.

Now residing in the UK had its challenges. Soft foldable cooler boxes (1 large for meats , 1 small for tins of cool drinks) r squeezed in to travel luggage. Roberts bird guide, mammal book and KNP map book too.

Over time we've put together a checklist to cover the essentials. Included on this list is to pack a Yellow Ribbon to fix to the wing mirror. How else will people now we are Forum members?

It has been mentioned before, but is worth repeating: visiting KNP and experiencing what has to offer is about the sights, sounds (even the silence). The little things might not be part of the big 5, but boy can they keep you entertained.

Happy planning to all.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic