SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]

Quick visit to Bontebok and Agulhas National Parks

Sat May 17, 2014 5:38 pm Unread post
My SO and I have just returned from a trip to Bontebok and Agulhas and were really impressed with these two Parks.

Bontebok chalets are so practical and welcoming and the setting utterly tranquil on the Breede River. You can do nothing much and just enjoy, or you can do the various hikes and play spot the Bontebok! The proteas and ericas were beautiful - we could feel ourselves relaxing.

I have to admit that I have never been to the southern tip of Africa but when I read about the new boardwalk from the Agulhas lighthouse, I became obsessed with walking it! It really was wonderful (only about 1 km), mostly right next to the sea, and beautifully made. Definitely got that excited feeling of being at the tip of OUR country and continent!

The chalets were wonderful, a very unusual hexagonal shape, with absolutely everything you might need, and the view was stunning. On our second day we had dolphins in the bay to amuse us, and with the wonderful reception we got at the Park's office (the young lady on duty phoned to see if our chalet was ready and let us go into the Park a good two hours early!) we will definitely go back. I would love to take the family to Lagoon Cottage right on the water's edge of the very rugged coastline.

Just an amusing comparison - Bontebok's shower could just squeeze in 1 small person and Agulhas's shower could accommodate at least 10!
Last post

Re: Quick visit to Bontebok and Agulhas National Parks

Sat May 17, 2014 5:43 pm Unread post
Thanks for great feedback :gflower: and so glad that you enjoyed Bontebok and Agulhas, SandyS :D

Will just have to go take a shower @Agulhas NP....and take all 6 my Grandies with me :wink:

Guru
Mon May 19, 2014 3:23 pm Unread post
Dear SandyS,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on your stay at our parks. It is always nice to hear compliments about our Rest camps.

We hope to see you again soon.
:mrgreen:

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Mon May 19, 2014 3:50 pm Unread post
SandyS, thank you for that report back :gflower: . It is always lovely to hear more about the smaller Parks. It sounds a really special place to visit.

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue May 20, 2014 7:26 am Unread post
SandyS I am glad that you have had a pleasant time in these two special Parks :thumbs_up:.

Junior Virtual Ranger
Thu May 22, 2014 2:28 pm Unread post
:thumbs_up: SandyS - Nice to read your comments.

We too have recently returned from a stay at Bontebok and when we mentioned Agulhas, the lady at Reception told us about Lagoon Cottage (and showed us pics) - looks stunning.

I have just booked two nights at Agulhas in June (family chalet) - could not get Lagoon Cottage as it is booked (long weekend) - but have never stayed in this Park yet - looking forward to it - hopefully we will also get to experience some dolphin / whale activity. :D Super excited!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic