SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Leaving Trailer at Nossob while at Gharagab

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 am Unread post
Hi Hilda

Wonder if you could help us with the following please: :info:

My husband and I will be at Nossob for the night of the 19th September 2014 (campsite with power) and go onto Gharagab for two nights 20 and 21 September and return to Nossob on the 22nd for one night (chalet).

We'll obviously have to leave our trailer behind while at Gharagab for the two nights and was wondering if there's a power point facility for charging our freezer in the trailer while away. Will happily pay for electricity used.

We've been to Nossob before but cant remember if there was a power facility for 'parked' trailers

Kind regards

Marietta and Howard
Last post

Re: Leaving Trailer at Nossob while at Gharagab

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:22 pm Unread post
Hello there .
Best would be to contact the camp direct. They are usually quite happy to have you park the caravan but I am not sure about the electric point.. Don't forget all electricity goes off at Nossop at about 22.00
You are travelling a long way from Umhlanga .. Please give the place our love.. we lived there 33 years before coming to CT.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:14 pm Unread post
Hi Marietta,

I did contact Jaco at Nossob and he informed me that there is a shed where visitors can leave their trailers, however there is no power points available. The only way to keep your freezer cool is to book a campsite for the time you will be at Gharagab.

Hope you and Howard will have a wonderful time in KTP :thumbs_up: .

Regards
Barry

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:21 pm Unread post
Hugh wrote
Hello there .
Best would be to contact the camp direct. They are usually quite happy to have you park the caravan but I am not sure about the electric point.. Don't forget all electricity goes off at Nossop at about 22.00
You are travelling a long way from Umhlanga .. Please give the place our love.. we lived there 33 years before coming to CT.

Hi Hugh greetings from a very warm Umhlanga we'll have to send you some of our Durban heat to the Cape (my place of birth :wink: ) Not had much of a winter here at all.

Thanks for you prompt reply my husband phoned Twee Rivieren but couldnt quite get a clear answer from the lady at reception she thought we were asking about power points at the campsites :?

Not too fussed about the electricity going off at 22.00 I remember it being rather cold at night lol

After Gharagab we're spending another 8 nights in the Park so Im concerned about keeping the meat frozen for the duration of our stay.

Regards M

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:35 pm Unread post
barryels wrote
Hi Marietta,

I did contact Jaco at Nossob and he informed me that there is a shed where visitors can leave their trailers, however there is no power points available. The only way to keep your freezer cool is to book a campsite for the time you will be at Gharagab.

Hope you and Howard will have a wonderful time in KTP :thumbs_up: .

Regards
Barry

Hi Barry

Thank you so very much for going to all that trouble contacting Nossob :gflower: Atleast we know we can leave our trailer there :clap: We might have to resort to putting the Freezer in the back of our Hilux :thumbs_up:

Thank you for your good wishes we cant wait to return to Kgalagadi the Park has stolen our hearts! Such an exciting trip planned, Rooiputs, Nossob, Gharagab, Nossob,Polentswa, Mata Mata and Twee Rivieren. :cam:

Regards Marietta

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:42 pm Unread post
It is only a pleasure to help where we can :D .

Great to see that you also drive with a Hilux :thumbs_up:

Amazing camps to stay at and I just know you will enjoy KTP :dance: .

Will be looking forward to a trip report on your return :D .

We will only be back there in Feb 2015 :whistle: .

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:04 pm Unread post
Thank you Barryels

Im a bit 'skrikerig' writing and submitting a trip report :lol: After having read such amazing and entertaining reports from other forumites I'll be way too long winded and you'll get bored :wink:

Might have to resort to posting photos with short descriptions and will need advice how to upload totally 'challenged' in that department :)

Regards M

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:34 am Unread post
Hi MiTQ's,

You don't have to be a writer, just write as you see it :D .

Here is a Link to a guide for uploading photos.

Here is another Link to help you to resize your picture before you upload it to your photo host site above.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any more help :thumbs_up: .

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:32 am Unread post
Excellent thank you Barry I really appreciate the links to upload photos and to resize them :thumbs_up:

Will give it a go when we get back :wink:

Dont be surprised if you get PM's from me will need lots of help :lol:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:34 am Unread post
No problem MiTQ's :D .

Junior Virtual Ranger
Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:38 pm Unread post
MiTQ,

Last Dec we had the same problem, but luckily a site was still available and we could leave our off-road caravan on a camp site with power. Looks like it will be very busy in September, but maybe you will be able to get a site. It means you will pay R400 extra, but for us it was worthwhile. There are 4 extra sites without power at Nossob, so often not all the power points are taken because bookings only allow for 20 sites and some prefer the sites with out power.

Hope you come right and enjoy those dunes. Going to Gharagab was fine, but it is the return road that is churn up as some previous visitors struggled to make the top spinning out the sand. :tongue:

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 am Unread post
Good morning Son godin

Thanks for your advice :thumbs_up: leaving our trailer at Nossob would be so much easier so we'll give that serious consideration. :)

My husband wondered about the road conditions to Gharagab as we've never been up that far...thank you again :wink:

Regards Marietta and Howard

Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:35 pm Unread post
Hi

My wife and I will be at Nossob from the 19th - 25th September in a hut with power. You are welcome to leave your freezer in our hut connected to power for the nights of the 20/21st September if this will help you.

Jim

Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:59 pm Unread post
JimS wrote
Hi

My wife and I will be at Nossob from the 19th - 25th September in a hut with power. You are welcome to leave your freezer in our hut connected to power for the nights of the 20/21st September if this will help you.

Jim

:thanx:

Hi Jim thank you so much for your extremely kind and generous offer :gflower:

My hubby is thinking of installing a dual battery system so will probably go that route but if we change our minds and get stuck will ask way in advance if we may take you up on your kind offer. :wink:

Howard and I look forward to meeting you and your wife at Nossob :)

Regards

Marietta and Howard

Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:57 pm Unread post
Marietta

Look for the old guy with a silver Prado, probably in hut 5C, look forward to meeting you

Jim

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic