SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 2 of 9 [ 128 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Kgalagadi Nossob 4x4 Eco Trail

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:14 pm Unread post
Thanks Guys. Boulder, will it be possible to tow a trailer from Mabua to Nossob? I will be using the normal (Boso) trail. Driving 2.5 4x4 turbo diesel Ford. erica.
Last post

Re: Mabuasehube

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:11 pm Unread post
Erica as far as I can remember i dont think you are allowed to use a trailer on those trails no matter what. I always do the Bitterpan trail (leaves from Nossob) and had to tow my trailer to a spot in the bush on the Dune road the day before (Brakah 4x4 Trailer) and left it unsighted from other tourists. I had to get permission to do this from the Section Ranger at Nossob who told me exactly where to put it. I then did the Bitterpan Trail, 2 days and then onto Mata Mata where I left everyone to set up camp and my sons and Dr Pilcher and myself would go back to the bushes behind a windmill on the dune road and recover the trailer. On the Botswana trail the driving is much easier but we still had to leave our trailers at Nossob. Check it out with Gaborone first if they have changed the rules

Mabuasehube

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 pm Unread post
I booked at Mabua ( Gabs office) using fax & Landline. Service was excelent.
Phone 002673180774
regarding towing trailers from Mabua to Nossob on the two way trail via Motoppi, Gabs was adament that itwas OUT. erica

Kgalagadi and Mabua

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:49 am Unread post
Hi all
I am just planning a trip from Kaa to Twee Rivieren via Mabua in August. I am sitting in the UK and it is simply unreal to read all your comments and having some of my questions answered this way. I was still debating the issue, but you have made up my mind.
What is the Swartpan trail like?
Erica, do you have to book at a specific campsite in Mabua or did you book accommodation?
Can one take meat into Botswana from Namibia? I remember that they were a bit iffy about it at one stage. Or where are shops?
I need to rent a 4x4 in Windhoek. Any advice anybody.
I was contemplating a trailer. Thanks for the advice on that.
What are the night temps like in middle August?

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Page 2 of 9 [ 128 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic