SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]

Animal calls on CD

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 pm Unread post
This topic may have been discussed but for us who want to experience nature as true as can be my Thursday at a pride of lions did not go well. We were watching Lions at Ngwenyeni water hole with one other vehicle from the CAPE when four people in a Pajero arrived and our afternoon changed. They repeatedly played the roar of lions on their cd player, which obviously had an effect on the lions. The game that was in the vasinity started to move away and a possible kill or other action had been lost. I have experienced on two previous occasions where lions moved off due to this silly action. I did take a pic of this vehicle but we are not sure if this is an illegal action. We found it very disturbing and feel that such action is not appropriate when other people are present or for that matter not appropriate at all.
Last post

Re: Animal calls on CD

Senior Virtual Ranger
Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 pm Unread post
Ec, it has been discussed somewhere, and it seems not to be illegal, but to me it contradicts the "Do not disturb the animals" rule IMHO. I hate it when these people do this kind of thing. :wall:

Re: Animal calls on CD

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:28 am Unread post
:hmz: :naughty:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic