SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Survivors Kruger

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm Unread post
There is no point in starting a fire without something to braai. We waited till late night and the drove up and down the main roads looking for road kills by the delivery vehicles. To make a fire? Drink one beer very fast and cut the can in half. Fill it with sand and take the motorhome's petrol and pour that over the sand. The level of the petrol must be lower than that of the sand. Then take the jumper cables of the vehicle and connect to the battery and ignite the petrol. It will burn like your normal fire starters. Caution!!!! The level of the petrol MUST be lower than the sand (otherwise you will see Kruger from the air)
Last post

Re: Survivors Kruger

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:37 pm Unread post
Scipio wrote
Rooies, we have to go through the Mugshot thread, get some hotties from there to compete. :twisted:

Excuse me, Scipio, do you want to go on this trip for 3 months, or forever? :hmz:

Forum Assistant
Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:40 pm Unread post
PetraJ wrote
Scipio wrote
Rooies, we have to go through the Mugshot thread, get some hotties from there to compete. :twisted:

Excuse me, Scipio, do you want to go on this trip for 3 months, or forever? :hmz:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bert wrote
Must be a bushwise person because these 2 wont go anywhere :wall:

Seeing as they choose not to go the way Bert indicated..........they might just be lost forever!!! :big_eyes: :big_eyes:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:52 pm Unread post
I suspect Bert really knows best and is good to know upfront who have a change to be a survivor and who not :lol: :lol: :lol: . Rooies you already took the following along:

Leatherman
Motorhome (robbed)
Another 4 X 4 motor home from Scipio
A Yellow Ribbon
Beer
Petrol to make a fire

In addition to all of the above you will ensure daily access to the leftover bin at Tshokwane picnic spot for food :lol: .

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:29 pm Unread post
Grantmissy wrote
Imagine three very healthy forumites were “dropped off” just with their clothes somewhere in Kruger and that it was possible for them to survive for three months in Kruger and they won a prize of one year free accommodation in any of the Sanparks. They must have built their own shelter, find their own water and food (not poisoned themselves), make their own fire – therefore sustained themselves from what nature provides. How would they have done it and what advice would we have given them from the safety and comfort of the armchair? I would say for the first night they should perhaps look for a cave next to a running river to sleep for safety from predators before they start building some kind of shelter in the morning.

I'm in 8) 8) 8)
Young and reckless enough for this mission!

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm Unread post
cheetah2111 wrote
Grantmissy wrote
Imagine three very healthy forumites were “dropped off” just with their clothes somewhere in Kruger and that it was possible for them to survive for three months in Kruger and they won a prize of one year free accommodation in any of the Sanparks. They must have built their own shelter, find their own water and food (not poisoned themselves), make their own fire – therefore sustained themselves from what nature provides. How would they have done it and what advice would we have given them from the safety and comfort of the armchair? I would say for the first night they should perhaps look for a cave next to a running river to sleep for safety from predators before they start building some kind of shelter in the morning.

I'm in 8) 8) 8)
Young and reckless enough for this mission!

Me and Scips still have some leftovers from last night's road kill braai. We will gladly share that with you but sorry, there is no more place in the motorhome. (We have made a selection from the Mugshot thread.)

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:40 pm Unread post
And even though Cheetah has the hair, unfortunately, he is short on the "other" attributes needed for Survivor Kruger. :twisted:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:49 pm Unread post
:lol: :lol: :lol:

For safety sake I think it is better to have big groups of survivors as I think we have master level bush survival skills on the forum. Cheetah how would you have survived the first night and day with nothing? Where and how would you get safe water to drink for a start? Remember all the other forum members who are there are thirsty and hungry and scared as there is no shelter or fire

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 pm Unread post
Imax wrote
I fully support the idea of "one-night-stands"

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:10 pm Unread post
Hey Cheetah, it is 30 days, and with so little people, it will have to be a lasting love of at least 15 days. :twisted:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:13 pm Unread post
cheetah2111 wrote
Imax wrote:
I fully support the idea of "one-night-stands"

Cheetah I think you have by mistake posted in the wrong thread. This is Survivor Kruger. Remember Scipio and Rooies refused that you share anything at their motor home. You are not welcome there. You are on your own to provide for the rest of the Kruger survivors.

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic