SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 25 of 25 [ 373 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Do you have a pet?

Senior Virtual Ranger
Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 pm Unread post
JenB Boris is gorgeous :k what a character :lol: :lol: love the story of the Pilates ball, bet he's never laid eyes on such a beeeeeg ball in his life, probably wants to kill it :lol:
Last post

Re: Do you have a pet?

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:15 pm Unread post
Boris is still lovely JenB. I remember when you showed pics of him as a pup. (Do they ever grow up?)

Axel is developing character, and we are already training him (12 weeks). My wife wanted a smaller breed (to accompany Jessie), but now realizes we made the right choice and is very happy but worn out!

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:06 am Unread post
BB, sounds like you are going to get many happy years. 8)

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:48 pm Unread post
Boris is a beautiful boy, Jen. He looks like he is blessed with a playful personality. :clap: :clap: :gflower: :D :D

Virtual Ranger
Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:43 pm Unread post
Boris is absolutely gorgeous! Loves his toys it seems. :D

Virtual Ranger
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 am Unread post
Our beautiful BILLY!

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:07 am Unread post
Billy is a rescue and probably a cross between at least a sharpei and a staffie. Billy had been at a shelter for more than a year and, though children and the helpers loved playing with him, nobody thought to adopt him. So, when we arrived there, he was in a cage with a dozen-and-a-half dogs, most of them quite a bit larger than him. But Billy showed a calm demeanor that immediately attracted the attention of my SO, Siobain; while the other dogs clambered against the cage wire and even over him, yelping and crying, Billy sat there and looked at us. This is probably the reason nobody noticed him, but, having learned from Cesar Milan, Siobain realised that he would be the perfect compliment to our other, more boisterous (at that time) rescue, Calico. I wasn't convinced at first, but Siobain was correct all along. We now contend that Billy had been waiting just for us to come along that day.

When he came to us, he was quite shy and reserved and his tail often trailed between his legs. Yet, there is nothing like Love, and lots of it, to turn a soul around, and, after a few months, he began to lighten up and reveal some of his ultra-cute personality. After a year, he had developed enough confidence to become the majestic and sweet companion that he now is. His tail stands out like an antenna and he swanks along like a don juan.

What is amazing is that he always has had the keenest ability to read other dogs. At first, I was nervous when he would charge into the middle of a foreign pack, but he always lands up being friends with all of them. Size does not matter for Billy, for he "takes on" any dog from a miniature doberman to a bull mastiff or great dane, and always makes friends. He has been a consummate blessing to us and we feel entirely privileged to have him in our lives. Billy and Tessie - a thirteen-and-a-half year old English bulldog - sleep together and I often wake up to find them curled up like two interlocking bananas (for obvious reasons I did not want to say hot-dogs). Tessie often gives him a licking spree that lands up with his head drenched, and Calico loves to run and play with him.

In short, Billy is our earth-bound angel.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :gflower: :gflower: :littleangel:

Junior Virtual Ranger
Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:50 am Unread post
Interesting looking dog OWN & Siobain - have'nt seen one quite like that before.

We are waiting for our second - we are going to get a working Cocker Spaniel as I'm after I dog that I can train properly for field retrieving. Our "show" Cocker is a lovely dog and intelligent, but takes of like a rocket if I take the shotgun or rifle out of the safe! Cannot stand the noise. :cry:

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 am Unread post
What a beautiful picture of Billy.

I can agree that this is a special dog with a special temperament. It is quite amazing given his poor start. But then he has had some very loving owners who have helped him to develop and heal. :gflower:

Forum Assistant
Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 am Unread post
Billy is gorgeous Siobain! :clap: :clap:

Thank you for sharing his beautiful story onewithnature! :dance: :dance:

Virtual Ranger
Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 am Unread post
Billy is beautiful Siobain! What a lovely story OWN, glad he found a loving home. :k

Senior Virtual Ranger
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:49 am Unread post
:clap: :clap: :clap: for Billy, such a lovely doggie, I'm so glad he found such a good home with you and Soibain, OWN :dance: :dance:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 pm Unread post
Special dog indeed! :thumbs_up:

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25 [ 373 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic