SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]

Breaking the rules

Junior Virtual Ranger
Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:18 pm Unread post
Slap-bang in the middle with intentional blur.

A few years ago I had an idea about a photo but never got around to it – a star trail around a baobab. Made me think about it when I saw the same idea in print and when the shot started winning competitions I decided that I will not let an idea go by again. If it’s a bad idea so be it.

Took me a few years to get this shot and it’s almost what I wanted to achieve but still not exactly the way I envisioned it to be. When the males wake up late afternoon they stretch a bit, yawn a few times and then shake their heads – usually they do so only once before getting up and stretching again. The first time I took such a shot the distance was just too far and the only regret I have this time is that I did not use the F2.8 70-200. I missed the eye as the focus point by about ten millimetres below the eye. I never edit blades of grass, etc. because I have never been able to convince a lion where to pose :wink:

Comments please

Last post

Re: Breaking the rules

Site Admin
Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:17 pm Unread post
avon vosloo wrote

Comments please

Hi Avon,

Personally, the photo is good, but the blur detracts too much from it, if the blur had a bit more radius around the face it would have been a stunning picture.

All the same, the quality of the pic and of course the poser = stunning pic regardless!

Re: Breaking the rules

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:41 pm Unread post
the most important part is very visible
mouth, head and one eye
Would just like to see a bit more saturation
Keep on practising :thumbs_up:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic