SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

PetraJ On tour in 2011...July 2012

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 am Unread post
On one of our trips, we watched this very young baby elephant trying to cross the road. It took them a while, because he/she was still unsure on how to walk. Mom stayed with him the whole time, urging him on… this really was a great sighting for me personally.

And of course, our beloved rhino’s…

Some river sightings at Balule low water bridge and a visitor at the campsite.

Last post

Re: On tour ....

Senior Virtual Ranger
Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:32 am Unread post
Thank you everyone for your comments. That ellie was so tiny, it didnt really know what to do with it't feet, or which way to go, it was adorable.

To end October some last pics…

Senior Virtual Ranger
Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 am Unread post
Welcome all the newcomers and hitch-hickers... While I wait for my photos to be uploaded, I thought to share some stories with you...

As a Afrikaans speaking South African you have to listen very, very carefully to the tourists with their accents... :redface:

The following happened to me, Scipio and the busdriver one morning....

We were waiting for everyone to get on the bus. Someone was still coming towards the bus and the busdriver said from the drivers' window ... Lappaside... which means "go to the other side"...

Suddenly the whole bus started buzzing with this group from Singapore and you could hear, Lapaside here and Lapaside there, everybody very excited. We had no clue what was going on :hmz:

One of the younger girls said, you know in Singapore we also have a place called Lapaside... that is our "hooker centre". The three of us were speechless. :shock: Especially knowing the asian people do not speak of such type of things, especially not young girls... :shock: One of the older gentlemen then said with a smile, yes, all tourists go there and they have also very nice food there, you can eat whatever you want, when you come to Singapore, we will take you there, but the men will take the men and the women will take me.

I thanked them very politely and said, no it is fine, I really do not need to go, and believe me, Scipio will not dare to go either. I was totally in shock.

That evening while we did the preparations for the dinner, one of the girls came to me and said why do I not want to go to the "Hawker Centre". I almost choked at that stage. :redface: I suddenly realised the first girl said Hawker Centre, but because of the accent it sounded like hooker centre......

Apparently they have a foodmarket their with different restaurants and all kind of foods in which they trade. I called Scipio and told him, and we were laughing so much, and then revealed to them what we thought they want to take us to a hooker centre. Everybody had a good laugh, but we felt so embarressed... they still tease us in emails and on facebook...

Senior Virtual Ranger
Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 pm Unread post
There were some hilarious moments indeed, like the time when the young Canadian Lady ONLY wanted to see Elephant.

As we are driving Sable loop after entering this big Bull came out of the Mopani, about 2 meters from said Lady. :lol: :lol:

After 30 minutes when she got her breath back, the only words were, I did not realise they were soooooo Big. :big_eyes:

And PJ was behind me in her Golf, and nearly got pancaked. :twisted:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:44 pm Unread post
Oh, I almost forgot about that. :D Me, Dan and Catmatix were in my golf behind Scipio and the guests. We saw them stop on a bend in the road, and speeding off suddenly. Next moment this ellie came charging and guess who were in the way ... :twisted: me... Needless to say, I overtook them :twisted: They were laughing so much at our white faces. I really had a fright that day :D

Senior Virtual Ranger
Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:11 am Unread post
I have been struggling to get my pictures uploaded on Tinypic since yesterday, and this is what I managed...

When I opened this page, my eye caught the Satara webcam, and I just had to smile... :D

Re: On tour in 2011 ....

Senior Virtual Ranger
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 am Unread post
Sometimes I like to play with the camera… and end up with close-ups

Re: On tour in 2011....

Senior Virtual Ranger
Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 am Unread post
I have decided to do my Trip Report in years, that way the document will not be so huge to open.

To add up with 2011 some general pictures will follow in the next few installments.

Senior Virtual Ranger
Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 am Unread post
Thank you very much Hilda.

Today I have some pics to show you of a lion at the Kruger Tablets.

and this ...

Senior Virtual Ranger
Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:31 pm Unread post
The birdie is one of the Brown Eagles, Whalberg's eagle where other than the Booted Eagle, the pale morph has a white head, where the Booted has a brown covering. :thumbs_up:

There are some pic's of Augur Buzzard there PJ, post them for the birding types. :twisted:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:50 pm Unread post
Thank you Scipio for the bird ID and for both you and Radman in turning the page.
Radman and Scipio, the leopard at the Kruger Tablets will feature in the next TR, all I can say now, is I will NEVER get out of my car there again. :shock:
Some rhino pics on different sightings.

And something to end the first TR with.

Hope you all enjoyed the first six months of my tours with Scipio and our guests. As we all know tours come to an end and busses needs to be serviced, cleaned and refuelled.
Please watch out for my next trip report “On tour again…”

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic