Leopard

Senior Virtual Ranger
Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:38 am Unread post
Stunning LQ, love that wink :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last post

Re: Leopard

Forum Assistant
Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:22 pm Unread post
Stunning pictures Lion Queen! Your first picture looks as if he was posing just for that picture! Superb sighting! :clap: :clap:

Junior Virtual Ranger
Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:01 pm Unread post
Great shots Lion Queen....love the yawn :bcool:

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:44 pm Unread post
WOW! Stunning photos Lion Queen. :clap: :clap:

Virtual Ranger
Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:07 am Unread post
Hi all

As some of you may be aware, I've been working on a wild dog database for KNP. It's slow going, and I have recently been focussing on the leopards of the KNP, looking at photos from this thread, and from travel tales. At the moment, I've got around 60 leopards on the database, and it's growing quickly. Ultimately, I'd like to end up with a record of as many leopards as possible, complete with approximate home territories, photos, dates and locations of sightings and maybe those mites who have seen each leopard.

The software I am using requires quite good image quality, and it is always helpful if you have additional information about leopards you have seen. Images of both flanks are especially useful, as I suspect I have duplicated some leopards (say, when I have the right flank at one sighting, and the left at another, I have no way of realising the leopard is the same).

If you have any photos you think might be helpful, or want to see if I have identified a particular leopard, please post here!

Many thanks

Tom

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:04 am Unread post
A massive project to undertake, Tom, mainly because leopards can cover large areas within their home ranges and the Park has traditionally estimated around a thousand of these exquisite felines within its boundaries. However, I'm sure many people will be appreciative of your efforts as some leopards are indeed regularly seen in certain areas. Also, this would be a nice counterpoint to the leopard identification process that goes on at Kgalagadi. I suppose that, with Scotland not "defecting" into independence, you have a lot of time on your hands? :twisted: I'll certainly see where I can support you. Good luck. :clap: :clap:

Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47 [ 696 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic