SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Leopard attacks crocodile.

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:37 pm Unread post
I think everyone will swallow his and her praises for the photographer if they all knew how he and his goose had broken the rules whilst taking these photos.

This thing has been discussed herea few years ago and I actually reported this eggwhite and his goose for breaking the rules.

From his own website:

http://www.halbrindley.com/photos/leopard/16.html

Abigail seems to think this is a good idea. In her frenzy of excitement she jumps on the roof of our rental car, caving in the roof! Oh man! Our adrenaline is pumping. This whole scene has happened in the course of about 5 minutes...

Abigail climbs down and we bang out most of the dents from the inside. Hopefully they won't notice.

Blerrie vaak boef!
Last post

@wildtuinman

Profile  WWW 
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:33 pm Unread post
@wildtuinman

lol yeah thats the buggerup, sometimes these guys do stupid things to get good pics. On a recent trip to Addo I saw alot of this, even from park staff taking tours out.

I snapped a few pics but its pointless trying to play policeman, sooner opr later the game will eat them and then the game will suffer. Stupid nobs should know better..

Then again because he risked a bit we all got to see some amazing action, so its mmm catch 22 situation, on the one hand I dont mind seeing the pics, but on the otherhand i dont want these guys to make it hard for all of us..

There is also no real proof that they where out the car, appart from the story and u can see he is just trying to make the story sound great.. lol almost like steve erwin...

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:48 pm Unread post
I hear you Simonb.

The problem is that there are hordes of topics about what is happening to our Park, Kruger Park losing it, speeding and other gripping ghost stories, filling more pages then what one can read in a life time.

If we don't shave every rule breaker with the same clipper we are barking @ the wrong side of the crocodile.

I am amazed that this bloke has not changed his words on his website yet. That just tells me that he did not get a warning those many years ago I reported him to Kruger officials.

What he is doing actually is portraying the wrong picture for would be Kruger visitors. As people would now scheme that it is cool and ok to climb on top of rental vehicles roofs in order to spot sightings. This to me is the image that creates more problems that anything else. His goose watched some other wannabe circus gymnast hop onto his roof and then followed his example.

Monkey see, monkey do. And some monkeys get their permanent departure papers stamped for nipping a sarmie and a boerewors from one's table @ Nkulu picnic spot.

@wildtuinman

Profile  WWW 
Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:32 pm Unread post
I hear u @ wildtuinman.

The monkey see monkey do thing is so accurate.
I say ban the buggers who climb out. Or at least pass a law that protects the beats who eats them.. Why kill the beast because a stupid human didnt listen.

I almost lost my life in Kruger about 12 years ago as a kid, and I can tell u these days i barely even hang my finger out.. lol

Although the odd hand out the car does happen, but that fateful day with the leopard i will never forget..

Anyway I vote we send this guy an email and ask him to change his wording because it is setting the wrong example..

Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:16 pm Unread post
I'm not really sure that I believe these are real. There isn't much dust considering it must have been quite a ferocious fight and it looks very dry.

Anyway we all draw our own conclusion.

If they are then bloody hell that must have been the sight of the century. :clap: :|

Leopard attack on a crocodile!!

Junior Virtual Ranger
Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm Unread post
Hi all,

I got a email today with pic and thought u would like to see it!

Junior Virtual Ranger
Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 pm Unread post
The crocodile attacked by the leopard was seen at Silolweni Dam on the H1-2

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:29 am Unread post
The pictures were on the front page of "The Star" newspaper on Tuesday and caused quite a stir. It became the focus of many a "phone in" on "Radio 702".

Thanks Pardus for sending that in.

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 pm Unread post
I hope the other sources also had readers and listeners with the same concerns as me related to this sighting.

Re: Leopard attacks crocodile.

Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:04 pm Unread post
Hi all

I agree with WTM. Although this guy's photo's is amazing, it just doesnt justify getting out of the car. People like this should be asked to immediately leave the park. And doesn't this seem to you aswell to be in the increase? I am in Kruger nearly every second month and frequently see people out of the car. And even if you take a picture of them or report them, it doesn't seem much happens to them.
I fear the day I'll come upon a cat killing a human - just imagine the sight and shock.
Last year near Skukuza lions killed a buffalo. You can imagine how many cars there were, all trying to get the best possible spot. A mother actually climbed out of the car with her small children, walked closer and showed her children the lions! Shocking! :evil:

Re: Leopard attacks croc

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:13 pm Unread post
Hazzard wrote
I'm not really sure that I believe these are real.

Hello and welcome Hazzard and Yolande!

The pics are real, but a good question.

I think the photographer claimed them to be from a reserve adjacent to Kruger!

WTM, I'm sorry, but I would have left my car like a shot to get those pics! :|

Re: Leopard attacks croc

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:29 pm Unread post
Richprins wrote
WTM, I'm sorry, but I would have left my car like a shot to get those pics! :|

Rules are rules, RP. Break them and face the consequences.

Give other foreign visitors the idea that you can climb onto a rented car's roof in Kruger, dent it and then have the presence of mind to just push it back out and hope no one notices is unforgivable!! And that my friend, is exactly where the crux of all problems lie in our modern day society. Because if Joe Soap can do it, then why can't I?

We need more good example setters in this world. The scum bags deserve to be eaten by lions!

Just a pity that the lions will be destroyed and the Park's reputation might be harmed with an incident like that.

Re: Leopard attacks crocodile.

Senior Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 am Unread post
I must say i completely agree with WTM here.

It might be a little selfish and so on but if i obey the rules then bloomin hell then so must they. I've been to the park a thousand times if not more and I have never seen a kill.

I could have if I left my car to see over a 1m high sand wall... But the rules are there for a reason and as WTM says if the poor sod that climbs out gets eaten then the lions get shot and the park gets blamed for poor safety standards.

It's just a fact of life that if some idiot climbs out with his children in tow and the child gets hurt then its the park that gets blamed. Gauranteed 100%.

Those rules are there for a reason. I mean if you drive you stop at red lights anyway even if "think" no one else is there. The same counts here. The rule isnt placed there to irritate visitors or to show them who is in control... It's there for protection.

It might deprive you of a sighting like the crocodile and leopard thingy but thats simply part of the "borders" you have to live in...Image

Leopard attacks Crocodile

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:53 pm Unread post

My apologies if this has been on the forum before but I came across these pics on the internet and I was blown away. I had to share. Apparently this happened in Kruger. Can you imagine seeing this? I am flabbergasted.
Any opinions?

:huh:

Re: Leopard attacks Crocodile

Senior Virtual Ranger
Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:33 pm Unread post
My SO has a video of this same incident It happened quite some time ago

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic