SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

How to Spot an Emerging Tusker

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:48 pm Unread post
Thats great. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all the help regarding the submission of the enteries as well as trying to identify the tusker.
Look foward to what the experts have to say. Hopefully there are some other pics of this bull which may help in the research.(seeing as though I saw him on the highway between Lower Sabie and Skukuza I think there is a good chance that someone else also has a couple of pics that have hopefully been submitted).
Last post

Elephant Sighting

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:09 pm Unread post
Saw this gent at the Mazithi Dam and was wondering (hoping!) he was one of the up and coming Tuskers in the park (I believe there are 10 or so?). He was substantially bigger than any we saw on the trip.

{Resized by BGS}

Virtual Ranger
Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:35 pm Unread post
he looks like a emerging tusker, but i dont know i am not that good with tuskers :redface: maybe someone else could help?

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:44 pm Unread post
Hey MehloNyathi!

I believe he could be, his left tusk could well be over a metre long which is what the emerging tuskers competition in the KNP are looking :) !

Think there might be quite a few more than 10 though, not sure of course but heard that there were close to fifty large tuskers in park, but not sure if those were emerging or "emerged", as it were... hehe :D !

Nice pics though!

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic