SANParks.org Forums

Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]

Thanks for great support by KTP technical staff!!!

Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:31 pm Unread post
I had a very bad blow-out of one of my tires en route to Nossob last week. Since my spare wheel is a "marie biscuit" and I did not want to face the road back to Upington for a replacement with that tire, I was lucky to be helped out by the friendly technical staff at both Nossob and Twee Rivieren in order to get a suitable tire fitted to my vehicle.

Thanks a million to Adri who took my rim through to Upington and brought it back with a new tire on, and Hannes who arranged for me with a vendor in Upington (since my vehicle has an odd size/tread combination), as well as James who put it on when I got back to Twee Rivieren. :clap: :dance: :thumbs_up:

A big thanks also to Andre and Vera from the Netherlands who assisted me when I was replacing the tire in the heat close to Cheleka! :wink: :D
Last post

Re: Thanks for great support by KTP technical staff!!!

Junior Virtual Ranger
Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:52 pm Unread post
Glad you were helped. Flat tires are always top of mind for me when in the park. Were you on the dune road or what would you attribute the blow-out to?

Virtual Ranger
Profile  WWW 
Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 pm Unread post
Touareg wrote
Glad you were helped. Flat tires are always top of mind for me when in the park. Were you on the dune road or what would you attribute the blow-out to?

Neal, we had crossed the upper dune road from Mata Mata to Nossob and had done about 10km on the Nossob-TR road (my GPS told me I was 30km out from camp when I stopped). The guys from Nossob figured I had snagged a rock on the dune road, and the tire subsequently ran flat which you cannot really feel on the corrugated sand roads like you would on tarmac. Once it was flat it burst and came right off the rim.

Best thing is, I am driving a car with 18-inch off-road tires and there were numerous people driving around with teeny little hatchbacks with even teenier little tires and they were fine...eish...
:evil: :big_eyes: :hmz:

Junior Virtual Ranger
Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:44 pm Unread post
Yes...I even saw 4 guys from KZN in a VW Golf with low suspension and low profiles. I am sure that car would never have been the same again. :lol:

Senior Virtual Ranger
Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:57 pm Unread post
Morkel -- can only agree with you -- the tech guys are great :thumbs_up:

We also had a flat -- also upper dune road and I only felt it once we turned into the sand to stop at Kamqua.

Luckily the picnic spot and even luckier the !Xaus Lodge guys were there :)

Long story short -- Jannie organised a spare from Upington which the tech guys came & fitted on a Sat afternoon.

Where else do you get such excellent service ? :clap: :clap:

Virtual Ranger
Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:31 pm Unread post
I agree P@m, an incredibly efficient helpful team!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Have also had great service from them :thumbs_up:

Guru
Profile  WWW 
Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:17 am Unread post
It’s only a pleasure; the KTP team will strive to go the extra mile where they can. It does put a smile on our faces when we know we could have helped a guest in the park. :lol:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic