Wild magazine

See what other forumites recommend you should read

Moderator: hilda

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:01 am

Yesterday, I started going through the magazine in detail.
Firstly the quality and colouring of the photos is amazing.
Secondly, the layout is interesting and fun.
Thirdly, the chosen articles were informative and well written.
Fourthly, it is appealing for young people because of all the above reasons.
Fifthly, it compares with the best on the market. I even enjoyed the adverts.
Well done. :clap: :clap:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Wildsteve
Guru
Guru

Wild magazine

Unread postby Wildsteve » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 am

Hi all,

Forumites (is that a word?) will be pleased to learn that I have twisted the arm of the new editor of Wild to join the forum.

He calls himself "Justcam" (I suppose that "Wildcam" might have given the idea that he spends hours crouched beside watering holes, though - come to think of it - that IS what he often does) but he is also known as Cameron, is by training a marine biologist, by occupation a journalist of rather more recent vintage than myself, and by inclination a passionate supporter of the Wild Card (and by extension, of the Wild magazine, which he played a significant part in hammering into the pleasing form some of you have already seen).

What's more, while sharing the bouquets will be a bit of a pity, there are now TWO of us to dodge the occasional brickbats, making us tougher targets to hit.

Put your hands together :clap: for JUSTCAM!

Steve

dianne
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby dianne » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am

Welcome Justcam!!

I look forward to your contributions and hope you have as much fun on the forum and the website as our members seem to be having with the new mag...

Congratulations on a great end product!

Dianne
Dianne Tipping-Woods

Justcam

Kind welcome

Unread postby Justcam » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi Stephen and Dianne ... everyone!
Thanks for the kind words guys and I look forward to contributing on this forum. While I'm on that note, I would like to encourage all Wild Cardholders to get involved in our new magazine, and website once it is up and running. We look forward to hearing from you; send us your thoughts, things you'd like to see, environmental topics you'd like to see unpacked (er I mean covered ... sorry a friend of mine just completed her MBA and now I can't stop using her lingo) and anything else that catches your fancy.
That's it for now from me.

Cheers
Cameron
PS I think I also need a psychedelic animal of some sort to represent me Dianne? Don't you think?
PPS we can talk about wildcam - personally I don't like it because it makes me feel like a nightclub gigolo :dance: (Not sure you're allowed to say that on a family forum).

ngwenya

WILD

Unread postby ngwenya » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:49 pm

I have just finished reading the WILD publication.
I am asked to read and review many pages each week, mostly of an academic nature, but this was superb!
WILD was a publication that I read from cover to cover and enjoyed every page, was in fact sorry when it came to an end. I am certain that future editions are going to be eagerly awaited, maybe the staart of another following!

timbo
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby timbo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:11 pm

Hey we dont get the wild mag even though we have a wild card. WE used to but not anymore.
I try my best and that's what matters I hope.

Wildsteve
Guru
Guru

Wild magazine

Unread postby Wildsteve » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi Timbo,

Will you e-mail me your Wild Card number and address details, and I'll get it sorted out? (stephenh@sanparks.org)

Regards,

Steve

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby arks » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi Steve and Welcome Justcam!

With all the enthusiasm for the new WILD magazine, I'm a bit worried that there won't be any left when I pitch up at Phalaborwa gate at the end of August :cry: (I don't suppose there's any chance of a copy being set aside with my name one it? :wink:) I'll be holding thumbs as it sounds definitely not to be missed!!
RSA 2015
1-30 June Darling
30 June-8 July National Arts Festival, Grahamstown
8-15 July Mountain Zebra
16-22 July Cape Town

Wildsteve
Guru
Guru

Wild magazine

Unread postby Wildsteve » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi Arks,

Don't tell anyone else, but if you e-mail joan@tipafrica.co.za we'll see what we can do.

Kind regards,

Steve

janneyc

Wildmag

Unread postby janneyc » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:30 pm

timbo wrote:Hey we dont get the wild mag even though we have a wild card. WE used to but not anymore.

We received our wild mag WINTER 2007 2 days ago in the mail is this the same mag you talking about.
Janneyc

Wildsteve
Guru
Guru

Wild magazine

Unread postby Wildsteve » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:42 am

That's the one, Janneyc.

Regards,

Steve

Wildsteve
Guru
Guru

Wild magazine #2 "teaser"

Unread postby Wildsteve » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi again,

To those of you who've seen (and I hope enjoyed) the first issue of Wild, just WAIT until you see issue #2, due out in October - the Mapungubwe photography alone will make you weep with wonder.

Regards,

Stephen

Senyetse
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Senyetse » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Received my copy in the post yesterday. Wow incredible! Great job to everyone involved :clap:
Dec '11 - Storms River
June '12 - Berg-en-Dal

DuQues
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Re: Wild magazine

Unread postby DuQues » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 am

Did you know the Autumn version of Wild magazine has been placed online? Overhere?

If you haven't registered with http://www.mymag.co.za yet you'll need to do that first, or you'll only see the cover.
Arriving currently: The photos from our trip! Overhere! :yaya:

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Kaapsedraai
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2014)
Award: Small Parks Promoter of the Year & Sighting of the Year - Small Creatures and Insects (2013)

Wild magazine

Unread postby Kaapsedraai » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Since 2009 I started with Wild card and picked up a complimentary copy of the Wild magazine at some SANParks outlets, I enjoyed them so much. :D Then I approached TIPublishing to post me my quarterly copy and paid the postage. Now with the new programme, I enquired and got excellent service from both SANParks service desk and TIP Publishing confiming my Spring edition (#16) is on the way - cannot wait. :thumbs_up:
As I enjoyed the Wild mags so much that I enquired to obtain copies from the first edition. TIP assisted me and I managed to obtain all of them except no 3 & 5 to complete my full collection. I am not sure if some outlets got these copies available or what they do with them if old or do they return them to the publisher. :hmz:

Kaapsedraai
Now active - TMNP: Table Mountain's mood today
Now active - KRUGER Dec'14: 14 days appreciation of nature & wild company
Future trip - Kruger: 10-25 Dec'15

Return to “Bookshelf”