Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why are you on the FORUM??
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:34 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

I find the forum most informative and addictive . to be able to access so much info from members is a unique priviledge , not to mention the rest of the website .
I have no doubt irritated some people to the point of them leaving , and I can say the same of certain members , but this forum would develop into total chaos with members jumping to conclusions about their (mis?)interpretations of some writings .
Without the benefit of being to be able to see each others facial expressions and hear voice intonations it is not strange that there is so much potential for conflict , so the moderators are an indispensable part of the forum .

KNP is sacred. I am opposed to the modernisation of Kruger and from the depths of my soul long for the Kruger of yesteryear! 1000+km on foot in KNP incl 56 wild trails.200+ nights in the wildernessndloti-indigenous name for serval.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Why am I on this forum?

Where else can you talk/read about conservation, KNP & other parks, camps, roads, most memorable experience, what reminds you of Kruger, family rituals, sightings, experiences, memories etc...without boring someone to tears. People who have not been exposed to SANPARKS, or have but do not enjoy it do not seem to understand our excitement, passion and love for it.

In the short time I have been part of this forum, I have learnt so very much from alot of forumites, had a good couple of laughs at the humor that is abundant here, and always find myself loging off with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.

Thank you to all. :thumbs_up:

As for the negative.....the people on this forum all have one thing in common,... a love and passion for nature and the conservation thereof, for their favourite park/camp/road, the african bush, the people.
Call it a family of people who share a common passion, and as in any family there will be conflict but we somehow manage to live with it.

On a forum of this magnitude, rules are a must

As ndloti put it so well
ndloti wrote:
, but this forum would develop into total chaos with members jumping to conclusions about their (mis?)interpretations of some writings .
Without the benefit of being to be able to see each others facial expressions and hear voice intonations it is not strange that there is so much potential for conflict , so the moderators are an indispensable part of the forum .

:clap: for the MODs :clap:

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm 

Glen 79 :thumbs_up: -You said it so well in post above.
I have found nothing but friendliness. reassurance and kindness since being here - and yesthere have to be rules that is what makes the forum such a wonderful place to be. (feel sorry for the mods sometimes though :cry: )
On the down side :shock: I am totally addicted to the forums now and cant remember what life was like without my daily 'fix'.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 am 

My reason for being on the forum...
Is my love for nature, I would give up everything to be in and around nature 24/7..so much that I have signed up on courses that are related to wildlife and the likes.
The other reasons why I am here, meeting up with other people (even if it is mainly online) that have the same beliefs and feelings for earth & it's natural enviroment. This is a place where you learn and pick up tips from the experienced and knowledged persons within the industry...a place where being friendly is of true nature.

A big up to all the mites on the forum for making it a pleasant site to be a part of :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

The Kruger Park..a place that is close at heart

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

:clap:

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit www.sanparkshr.org

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

bentley wrote:
My reason for being on the forum...
Is my love for nature, I would give up everything to be in and around nature 24/7..so much that I have signed up on courses that are related to wildlife and the likes.
The other reasons why I am here, meeting up with other people (even if it is mainly online) that have the same beliefs and feelings for earth & it's natural enviroment. This is a place where you learn and pick up tips from the experienced and knowledged persons within the industry...a place where being friendly is of true nature.

A big up to all the mites on the forum for making it a pleasant site to be a part of :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I fully agree with you. There are very few forums so "into" nature as this one and where you can find all you need to know with a simple clic with great members around the world ready to help, inform and advice.
I'm connected continously and find something to read, learn and see everyday, thank you all.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:20 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

i joined the forum to learn about things that i would have not learnt if i never joined this forum. Also for my love of animals. And to study and see what animals yet i have not known before. South africa is one of the best places in the world to find animals. i think its an extradinary chance to have a forum to talk to about these magnificent things about this world of ours.
thank you for having this thread :clap: :)

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:57 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I came onto the SANParks website last February to check out the camps etc for our June trip. When I came back from holidays I came onto the website to find out how to say a "thank you" to the park for keeping things going so well - discovered the forums and started reading. (And completely did'nt do what I first came on for. :big_eyes: )

Since then I pop in most days but have recently been a bit more active with quizzes etc. I enjoy reading what some people have to say and learn a lot.

I've been around on different forums for many many years. For me the best way is to read everything and if something annoys me or I disagree with it, go off and write a response elsewhere. Park it for an hour and go back and read it again - I then ask how would I feel if that was directed at me? In most cases I end up junking what I wrote and then get on with the rest of the enjoyable reading.

:thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:32 am 

Just nice being around like-minded souls, I guess.

And it's a bit like game viewing - you never know who or what is just around the corner when you log in.

Timepilot, I like your philosophy about giving yourself time to cool off before posting about stuff that makes your blood boil.

I got on here through a friend. Other friends, during my last trip to South Africa, told me the forum was all about people complaining about the parks and each other. I've been pleasantly surprised to find that the majority of posts seem to be positive - mostly people helping each other out. I think that's great.

Also it's nice chat with people who know that the S100 isn't a type of car or submarine.

tp

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:37 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Quote:
Also it's nice chat with people who know that the S100 isn't a type of car or submarine.

So what is it, then - an aeroplane?? Image

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Scot wrote:
Quote:

So what is it, then - an aeroplane?? Image

NOOOO Scot - it is the broom the assistant mods use 8)

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:31 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Quote:
NOOOO Scot - it is the broom the assistant mods use

Billyf - you`re surely not implying that the assistant mods are witches!! Image

By the way, how did the golf go? Are you now the Club Champion?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 pm 

I'm here now because I'll be there in Kruger this august.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:51 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Scot wrote:

Billyf - you`re surely not implying that the assistant mods are witches!!

:D Scot, the assistant mods use the S100, the mods use the Nimbus 400 -to sweep and to ride on - you decide whether they are witches or not 8)

Regarding the golf - no way, I am only a weekend hacker, enjoying the social side. We have some seriously good youngsters at the club, happy to play 36 holes a day. I am way past that. :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi, Billyf - I should also probably admit to being way past that, but still fighting it! Where do you play? We played a few courses when we were over in 2006

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next