Calling ALL Cape Town Forumites AGAIN

Find information and join us for the next forum meeting

Moderator: Crested Val

Caracal
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Calling ALL Cape Town Forumites AGAIN

Unread postby Caracal » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:58 pm

The Silly Season will soon be upon us .......so let's get together and be silly !!!!! :D

Venue: My house
Date : Friday 28 November 2008

Details to follow and yes there will an opportunity to fight over a pink box !!!!!
All that is required at the moment is to book it in your diary !!!!
The forum's birthday is the day before...but it is a bit difficult to celebrate together on a Thursday night...but nothing is stopping us from celebrating on Friday night !!!!

Thanks
Michele

:dance: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Caracal

Re: Calling ALL Cape Town Forumites AGAIN !!!!

Unread postby Caracal » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:18 pm

Right the Irish Clan have left and I have spent a day in bed recuperating but I am now ready to plan the next party !!!!! :D
So far we have............

Mashona and SO
The Jackal and Annalie
bigal and SO
Dreamer and SO
Gavinw and Wannabe Nerd
Wanderw and how many ???
Janeli ???
Matthys ???
Munchkin and SO
Wirlwind
Restio ???
Afri-Explore and SO
Have I left anybody out ????
Anymore takers ?????

As usual it will be a bring a braai and if I can have some offers on salads/ pudding etc..that would be great.
I guess I will put my name against mielie bread!

And then of course as it is "Silly Season" we have to play a "Silly Game" :dance:
If you would like to partake you need to bring a gift ( preferably something one can use in the parks ) to the value of R40.00... as Dreamer said to me "after all that is only 2 x R20 notes"
The gifts then get put into a pile and the fight begins :D :D :D :thumbs_up:

Reminder:
Date : 28th November
Time : 7h00
Venue : my house !!! If you need directions please pm me.

Thanks
Michele :D

Munchkin
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Munchkin » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:54 pm

:dance: Woohooo! Prezzie wrapped, Salad made, Tjops (or rather kebobs) sorted, dop sorted, chip n dip packed - Methinks we are ready to PAARTYYY! :dance:
(Munchkin = Our Persian Cat - Sadly Munchie no longer with us.)

Boorgatspook

Unread postby Boorgatspook » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:33 pm

:mrgreen: Enjoy Capies! Please report back 8) With some photo's :cam:

Munchkin
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Munchkin » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:44 am

:cam: Spookie - lots of photo's were taken - however if they will ever be seen by the rest of the mites - :hmz: thats a maybe or a maybe not :twisted:

:dance: But all in all - we had a great time - as only us Capey's can and guess what - we had a Forum VIP at our meet - but sorry, I'm sworn to secrecy on that.....

And while I am on a roll - Thank You Caracal and SO (Doug) for hosting another fantastic and most enjoyable evening - and for sharing your home with us mites. It was great to meet new forumites and share SANParks experiences with others. And what fun we had with the pink box prezzie game ! :lol: :lol: An Awesome Evening - and Thank you to all !!!!
Last edited by Munchkin on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Munchkin = Our Persian Cat - Sadly Munchie no longer with us.)

annalie
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby annalie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:09 am

Caracal and Doug,

Thank you for opening up the Caracal's place for one great "silly season" meet, we had a lovely time :dance:

It was great meeting all of you and now be able to put a face to a forum name!

To all the "braaiers" and providers of all those delicious salads and breads - thank you!!!!

We are grateful for the new way shown to us for "warming" up our sherry - thanks Caracal :lol: :lol:

Just so sad that one of the "mites" got away with stealing my sherry, otherwise I could had tried warming it up today :wall:

All in all .... one great party!!!!!
Knowledge is power, but enthusiasm pulls the switch

Tony T

Unread postby Tony T » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:50 am

Made it home safely - long haul but worth every minute. SO and I enjoyed lots.
Thanks Caracal and SO (Doug) for opening your home and for the being the perfect hosts (not forgetting SO k9 (Katie) for providing the light relief.)
The gift scramble was a hoot. I must try this on Xmas day around the tree. My kids and grand kids will think I've been smoking something strange.

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:58 am

Hi all.....I suppose you have all been wondering what on earth as happened to the elusive caracal....all partied out..nah !!!!!
Yesterday I was still busy ( with the help of Dreamer) entertaining our Forum VIP !!!! I might add that he is no VIP though..he is a gate crashing thief !!!!!!! He stole my bottle of sherry during the present game :evil: :twisted: :twisted: ...that is just so unacceptable :evil: :twisted: :evil:

But now it is my turn to thank everybody ...for the all the delicious salads, yummy bread and ice cream, the flowers and the help !!!! A special thanks to all the mites that travelled a fair distance to party with us and here I have to make special mention to our gate crashing thief that drove all the way from PE to be with us.......yes Warthog B you could not resist another opportunity to party with us Cape Town mites...could you now :D :D :D :D :D But hey I am so glad you joined us...your early morning dish washing skills are amazing !!!!
It was super to meet Annalie and The Jackal and to party with the regulars again ....and boy oh boy did we party. :dance: The present game was hysterical......

Michelle so impressed with your bottle warmer, I am sure you have a potential business in there

:redface: :redface: :redface: Didn't really help did it Mashona....it still got stolen !!!!

Photographs will follow..unfortunately our internet has been capped but as soon as my internet is up and running again I will post some photos !

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Right some photos....firstly thanks to Mashona for taking the photos. You did a good job . I do have permission from the mites to post the photos....so with out much ado...

Nothing like a fire to bring everybody together or were

the presents the drawcard !!!

One wonders what they were laughing about. :hmz: Left to right....The Jackal, Tony T, afri-explore and Doug ( with his back to camera!)

Some very well behaved people posing in the lounge :roll: Left to right...Caracal, Gavinw, Dreamer and Bigal.

What does our photographer do to get such broad smiles out of people???? :whistle:
Ok you all know now that names are listed from left to right..I am not going to say that again..... The Jackal, afri-explore and afri-explore's SO.

The " Squatter " earning his keep..thanks Warthogb :lol:

Wirlwind and Bigal's SO..I can only think they were discussing the KTP !!!!!

I will be back soon with some more !

The Jackal

Unread postby The Jackal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Caracal, Thx 4 posting some pics. :clap: just one question - were all those 'mites really at the meet? Joki :lol: Lets blame it on those 'red stuff' in my glass, shall we??? :redface: :redface:

Mashona. thx 4 taking the pics. 8)

What can I say?? I think these 2 very well -known songs will give a 'glimpse' of what we had experienced at THIS meet .... The one is ... Its raining FUN, Haleluja .... and the other one is ..So many FUN, so little time!! :dance: :dance:

The first pic posted nothing like a fire .... Ditsem Caracal. Thats the way 2 put it.

O ja - I must comment on what does a photographer do 2 get such broad smiles out of people? .... Well its actually easy peasy.... Usually when posing for a pic, the group decides to use the word "cheece" just before the pics are taken in order 2 have the perfecto 'smile' effect 8)

The 3 some (our groupie), however, had something different in mind!! We've decided 2 use the word "testicle" instead .... It 'sort-of' has the same effect and affect on pics. :lol: :lol:

... all the work of that :naughty: :naughty: afri-explorer. A cuti introvert like myself would never put this CART before the HORSE. :twisted: :twisted:

B4N.

I'm a scavenger and got 2 do what scavengers do.

Psst ... more pics Caracal - want 2 "meet" more 'mites. Hahaaaa!

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:57 pm

So The Jackal.....what made you howl like this in the following pic..is it because you had your present taken off you ????? :D

Presents...talking of which ....let's get on with those photos.

Firstly Dreamer explained the rules....
while Warthogb and Wirlwind concentrated really hard.

Tony T's SO, Annalie and the Jackal were also concentrating and paying attention !

The really fun part about this game is that the gifts can be stolen off each other...
Afri-explore started the ball rolling...
with Tony T and Dreamer's SO looking on with envy !!!
Rather an interesting present this one.... A box of Essentials provided by Dreamer. It contained “Good Luck Tablets” (in the form of Liquorice All Sort Sweets) with the following instructions...
Take 2 tablets just before exiting the gate in the morning to increase chances of excellent sightings. WARNING: DO NOT exceed recommended dosage. Overdose has been known to cause flatulence which could have a negative effect on sightings! For more info go to www. dreamer
As well as waterless handwash to wipe those sweaty palms caused by adrenalin at exciting sighting , Hand Moisturing cream to soothe after the handwash, Tissues to wipe away the tears after any missed sightings, Amarula to celebrate an awesome time in the park!!

After much hilarity the game continued.
Of course Mashona had to choose the pink box(this year it was pink bag with a brown box in it )...

BUT needless to say Munchkin stole it from him and Wannabe Nerd stole it fom Munchkin....and Wannabe Nerd will be telling us more about this box at some stage. When is Mashona going to learn...boys are not supposed to do pink !!!!!!

I cannot really remember the order of things but there was an awful lot of stealing going on.....
I fancied a bottle of sherry that was doing the rounds

I managed to steal it from Annalie but even though I tried to hide it and look really vicious ...Warthogb stole it from me :evil: :evil: :evil:

And then I lost a really nice present to The Jackal as well

but he lost it to Dreamer

Wannabe Nerd gloating over her present and Munchkin investigating what was in hers...while Mashona's SO, Bigal's SO and Bigal patiently awaiting their turn.
Oh my word there was lots of stealing and laughing. I thought this was the season of giving and sharing..not in my lounge it wasn't

to be continued....

GavinW
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby GavinW » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:35 pm

So THAT'S where I left my wine while I was upstairs trying to get my grandson to sleep and whilst my SO was stealing brown boxes :redface: :redface:
See our trip reports:

Christmas Trees in the Kalahari May 2012
Winner of Travel Tale of the year 2012
See here:
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62684

Wannabe Larnies in the KTP December/Jan 2015

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:33 pm

Oh yes..the Cape Town Forumites know how to party :dance:
And a few more pics..
Warthogb, Wirlwind and Dreamer having a good laugh at some of the antics of fellow forumites!
Eventually everybody ended up with a present and the party continued;
Braaier no 1

and braaier no 2

And it is anyone's guess as to what was going on here.....Annalie and Warthogb...really now :shock: :wink:
Annalie's version goes something like this....."We were plotting and planning on how to get a certain forumite to continue with her trip report on Addo. Warthogb was giving me inside info as to what happened on that Addo Trip ( so why don't you do the trip report Warthogb :twisted: )

My version of the story...you two had partied yourselves right past yourselves :naughty: and were having a wonderful time serenading each other or were you having a good old howl because you had lost your presents !!!!:D :D :D :D :wink: :wink:

Caracal

Unread postby Caracal » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm

And now I must apologise....I have left out a photo... :redface:

Image....
Munchkin, Munchkin SO's and Dreamer's SO

Oh what would we do without responsible SO's :D :D :D :D :wink:

And a final word from Warthogb

Once again a year has run
And the time has come
To gather the clan and forum mites

Out goes the call
To meet at the Caracal’s den
For some food, refreshments and fun

The day dawns bright and clear
Slowly they make their way to the den
To have some fun
And see who will succeed in stealing the pink-box

The call that went out
Slipped beyond the Caracal's net
And soon the clan was joined
By a warthog from another land

The night stayed clear
The fires burnt bright
All enjoyed in stealing the pink-box
And leaving Mashona in a rage

At once again being outsmarted
by the clan and forum mites.

Thank you Warthogb :clap: :clap: ....this is sure to find it's way into my scrapbook !!! :thumbs_up:

GavinW
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby GavinW » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:19 pm

This post is especially for Mashona :twisted:

Here is what was in the Pink Box which Wannabe Nerd won:

And the details of the contents:
Park Survival Kit
Inventory
1. Biltong: first and foremost one needs food.
2. Water …and water …. Women and children first.
3. Cable Ties: too many uses to mention.
4. Whistle: to warn SO under car bonnet that lions are approaching.
5. Rescue remedy: to calm SO in car watching approaching lions.
6. Panado: to soothe headache that SO gets when bangs head on bonnet.
7. Plasters (mixed): to put on cut that SO obtained when banging head on bonnet.
8. One large plaster: to put over SO’s mouth when she says “I told you so” once too often.
9. Halls: to soothe SO’s throat … nagging can give a hoarse throat after a while.
10. Polyrinse: to rinse the miggie out that SO got in his eye while working under the bonnet.
11. Puzzle Game: busy hands ……busy mind …… no nagging!!!!
12. Emery board: for SO to do her nails …..once again being busy prevents nagging.
13. Rennies: anxiety causes heartburn.
14. Valoid: anxiety also causes nausea and vomiting …plse note that these are not tablets … But ……
15. Rehidrant: in case valoid does not work …..you will have to rehydrate.
16. Candles: help has not arrived ……it is getting dark….
17. Matches: what good are candles without matches
18. Sherry: not only getting dark but getting cold as well …share sherry sip for sip with SO….could get interesting!!!!!
19. Noughts and crosses game: to while away the long dark hours.
20. Tissues: to mop up the tears when SO loses for the tenth time.
21. Pegs: many uses but one that comes to mind …..peg nose when SO’s silent ones get too much!!
22. Plastic ice packets: at last you are rescued ….make ice when back at camp.
23. Amarula: pour into glass, add ice and relax ….you survived the ordeal stranded in a park because you were the lucky person that got the

“Pink Bag”
See our trip reports:

Christmas Trees in the Kalahari May 2012
Winner of Travel Tale of the year 2012
See here:
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62684

Wannabe Larnies in the KTP December/Jan 2015

Return to “Meets & Greets ”