Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: EC Meet with MN-September 2008
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:11 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Come on Ec' ers it is some time since we have had an Addo meet and the forum story teller MN is visiting Addo in September so it is a good reason for us to get together again.
Please advise if you will be ther on Friday 18th September so I can do some arranging :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:56 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Woo hooo, WarthogB ....that is great. :lol: :clap: :dance: I am definitely in but can we please get the date correct here...It is Friday the 19th September...not 18th :wink:
Thanks for arranging this...I will now sit back and let you do what you do best..arrange meets !!!!
Oh by the way will it be cold enough for gluhwein ????? :wink:

:) :) :) :) :)

Post subject: Re: EC Meet with MN
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:07 am 

Ok - SO and I will be there :dance: Also camping for the weekend.

We meet at the Lapa?

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:37 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Update for 19/09/08
Lapa arranged from 6pm onwards
Park management to be reminded on Friday.

Primarly this is a forumites meet that has the convenience of meeting in the Addo campsite. Park management is invited out of coutesey and no lectures have been arranged. As DB is an honorary ranger perhaps she could give us a bit of info re the park and developments.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:09 pm 

The meet was very nice.

MN and her two friends from England were there - so nice to see you again MN!

HP (warthogb) and Gael were there - also good to see them again!

Great to meet lirritma and his son! (I need to see any pics before they go on the forum hey!)

And thank you to Lucius Moolman for spending time with us and sharing some interesting info on the Frontier region :clap:

Thank you HP for arranging the meet, the boma and the fire - and thank you to Gael for the delish salads and all else you did as hostess!! :clap: :clap:

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:11 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

From Herman and myself, thanks for all the arrangements Pat - we had a roaring time. Hope we can do it soon again and have all the non showers also in attendance. I'm also glad that Addo treated our visitors from the UK (MN family) with a lovely lion show.

Image Link to larger version

A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:24 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thank you to all who attended on Friday evening and thanks to Megan for sending her "assistant" along as her substitute. Great to hear some interesting developments for frontier from Parks Management, it was an honor and pleasure to have you Lucious.
In particular thanks to my SO for all the preparation and hard work you did all day Friday in camp and as can be seen it was appreciated.
Those that missed for good reasons I am sure there will more in the near future.
Thanks to the restuarant for allowing us to use the lapa so as not to disturb other park guests ( Megan please convey thanks)

The night was cold but the fire blazed and the company was warm, Saturday morning the temp dropped to 2,5 deg C.
Thanks to Liritma for the sms re lions in Wayne's valley they were great and for MN's visitors I am sure a high light.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:06 pm 

At last I am getting around to my thank you's... but it is a busy job being me. :lol: Saturday I was in Addo, Sunday in Wilderness National Park and Monday on top of Table Mountain. Three parks in three days....not bad !!!
But back to my thank you's..firstly a huge big thank you to Warthogb and Gael for organising everything for the meet. You are one special piggy, :wink: Warthog.... and Gael, you are one special :littleangel:
Lovely to see DB and Hawk again ..very jealous of that new camera Hawk :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AND another new forumite tick...great to meet you and your son lirritma. And a big thank you for going out early in the morning to find the lions for us :clap: :clap: My English family were enthralled with the lions !!!
And thank you as well to Lucius for popping in to chat to us.

And yes the night was cold and the fire kept us warm but what in the hell happened when I went to bed :shock: :shock: :shock:
2 duvets and three blankets later and I still almost froze to death !!!!!!
This was my second meet in Addo and it definitely calls for more....you EC forumites are a super bunch of people . :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks so much for welcoming myself and English family to your part of the world !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) :) :) :) :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]