Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:46 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

The restaurant is indeed in Storms River rest camp. Send them an e-mail tsitsikamma@sanparks.org or phone them at +27 42 281 1607. There are several restaurants in the area, one in Nature's Valley town (just ask at reception).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:16 pm 

Hi Tzel,
there is no restaurant at the camp at Nature's Valley. There is a small one in the village, otside the camp, although I have not been there. Is you want to go to the restaurant at storms river (Tsitsikamma) I suggest you contact Tsitsikamma and Nature's Valley direct re the gate entry. Depending on the route you take, it is about 42km from Nature's Valley to Tsitsikamma. If you need any more info, just yell. :D

KNP 2014
Berg en Dal 20 - 23 Aug 2014
Satara 24 - 27 Aug 2014
Tsenze 28 - 31 Aug 2014
Satara 1 - 4 Sep 2014
Lower Sabie 5 - 9 Sep 2014

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:45 pm 

Thank you for the help and fast response. :) I think I'll be fine from there. I just didn't want to mess up the meals I was planning. Nothing worst than coming back to your cabin after a walk and with a grumbling stomach to find you can't have a meal! :O It takes some getting used to learning to plan and pack for trips, but hopefully I'll get the knack of it!

Thanks again!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:34 am 

Location: Swaziland. The smallest country of the S. Hemisphere
Tzel, the shop/restaurante at Natures Valley is the other side of Natures Valley to the camp site.

If you want to list your Park Dates in the YR Thread then please PM me.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:02 am 

Thank you again :clap: Very excited to go camping again. I haven't been in years, and back then my parents did all the food organizing! (Just finished at varsity, so I got to start growing up now, eh... :P )

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm 

Tzel, are you going to Natures Valley first? If so and you are getting there from the Cape Town side, i would suggest you buy food before you get there. If memory serves me correctly the shop is not great. There is a shop at the Crags though, before you turn off the main road and head towards Natures Valley.

Natures Valley is one of the best places on earth. We used to holiday there from when I was 2 years old, and that is way back in the dark ages :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:49 am 

Hi all again. Thanks for all the information. My time in Nature's Valley was wonderful! And yes, I packed all the food we needed. In the end, we didn't even need to go to the restaurant. (Yay for Woolworths!)

My fiance and I got what we thought was the best forest hut (number 1 to be precise), but in all honesty I think it was cos we were swept away with the moment and happy with anything. It was definitely nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Managed to get some nice pictures too.

Definitely planning to go again soon.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:12 am 

Tzel, so glad you had a great time. Please post some pics here I would love to see them

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:37 pm 

We went to camp at Natures Valley rest camp a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. The camp is beautiful, the facilities was impeccable and the staff was friendly. Although we only stayed for the weekend (2 nights) we tried to see as much as possible while we were there. The Saturday morning we took the coastal trail to the Salt River mouth and took the trail over the kop back to the village. We also spent a lot of time swimming in the lagoon at the mouth of the Groot River which was great and felt very safe for the kids. We had a awesome sunset over the beach (see my Flickr stream) and had the best weather possible. We chose to camp under the trees, so unfortunately the sites did not have grass and was very dusty. So on our next trip we will probably still be cleaning the tent. (We have small kids and they don't know anything about wiping feet when they're playing) Our only complaint though was the rouge baboon that raids the the camp a couple of times a day. Its looks like a male with a hand massing, so I guess he was kicked out the troop and has found a soft target. We kept on chasing him as he went for some people a couple of times. Also ran into tents to grab food. We complained a couple of times and twice the guy at the office phoned someone (at Storms River side a presume) and the replies from that side was very much a case of "we will get to him when we have time". I'm just worried that he will harm someone (a child maybe). I'm not sure if something has been done since our visit.
Anyway, we had a blast.