Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can not move from one bungalow to another
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 pm 

Some good news,

I e-mailed Mr Joep Stevens and informed him in no uncertain terms what I think of this utter redicilous ruling and what inconvenience it caused me and the good news is he informed me via an e-mail today that they are buzy revising the oudtated policy to accommodate moving from one to another unit if need be.

Hope the result will be positive and SOON

Post subject: Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:58 am 

Hi saulo85

As a matter of interest, even though we live in Cape Town, I always do all my National Parks bookings by phoning the Reservation House 'satellite booking office' in Jhb (tel: 011-678-8870) and making your reservations then and there over the phone. You never have to wait more than a couple of minutes to get through to a consultant, and I find them unfailingly polite and efficient - the confirmation email comes through almost before I've put the phone down.

Also, if you're unable to find exactly what you want accommodation-wise, but don't want to lose the availability there is, this is a good way to 'hedge your bets', as (unlike online booking), you don't have to pay immediately - depending on how far in advance you're booking, there's about a month's grace period before you have to pay the deposit, during which time more or better accommodation could become available - and you don't end up paying a penalty. Good luck with your bookings!

Post subject: Re: Cancellation policy
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 pm 

nicvincent wrote:
All nice. But what happens if I need to cancel more than 30 days (e.g. 2 months) before arrival? Would there be any cancellation fee or will all the amount be credited back to my cc?
Many thanks

That's right, more than 30 days and there is no cancellation charge and as I understand it either paid back or you can take a credit.

Post subject: Conservation Charges
Unread postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:07 am 

Conservation Charges to drop -
Durban - South Africans touring Kruger National Park in open safari vehicles would no longer have to pay the same rate as foreign visitors.

SANParks said all visitors were normally charged the standard rate for foreigners if they visited the park in open safari vehicles on organised tours which mainly cater for the international market.

However, statistics showed that more local visitors were now visiting the park on such tours, and SANParks had decided to allow South Africans to pay a reduced rate for park conservation fees.

As from November 1, conservation fees for Kruger (and open safari vehicle guests) would be R62 for locals, R124 for SADC nationals and R248 for international guests. Children younger than 12 would pay half price. - The Mercury

26/10/14 Tsendze
28/10/14 Letaba
30/10/14 Satara
03/11/14 Maroela
05/11/14 Satara
07/11/14 Berg-en-Dal
10/11/14 BOO HOO TIME - Off Home

Post subject: Re: Conservation Charges
Unread postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm 

Can anyone give me a rational explanation as to why international visitors have to pay approx. 4 times more conservation charges than locals? :wall:

I am getting somewhat tired of being treated as a cash cow merely because we travel in from other countries?
And yes I do have a Wild Card but even then we are charged far more than SA citizens.

The days where South Africa was a cheap holiday are long gone. Much as I love Kruger and would be devastated if I couldnt make my annual trip it, is slowly but surely becoming a luxury item that may have to become a bi-annual treat.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

South African tax money is contributing to the upkeep of our parks and has done so for many years. This is a small way in which South Africans are benefiting from the tax they are paying. South Africans pay the same rates for accommodation as people from all other countries.

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit www.sanparkshr.org

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:17 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear AndreaB,

To add to what Imberbe has already explained, conservation fees for national parks are determined considering the charges for similar reputable parks across Africa and the world.
We call these the standard conservation fees.
In the case of large parks such as Kruger, Kgalagadi and Addo, SANParks rates compare favourably (cheaper) than parks such as Serengeti, Chobe, Masai Mara, Etosha.
As explained by Imberbe SA residents benefit by a ratio of 4:1 reduction, indeed for the reason of them funding the conservation grant that SANParks receives from the Government.
Then there is a further option for the regular and long staying visitors that can benefit from the Wild Card option available.
I hope and trust that this is understandable and supported.
Just a subtle difference - instead of the approach being "non-SA residents paying 4 times more than SA residents", the approach should be "non-SA residents pay comparable (if not favourable) rates (compared to parks across Africa and the world) and SA residents pay reduced fees, as it their taxes (mostly so) that fund conservation in South Africa."

Thank you.

JOEP STEVENS

Post subject: Re: change of booking
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm 

Hi Lucy

Yes, they are open on a Saturday, in the morning.

Central Reservations (Pretoria): +27 (0)12 428 9111 or mobile: +27 (0)82 233 9111
Call Centre Office Hours (GMT+2)

Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 17:00
Saturday: 08:00 - 13:00

List of satellite offices here:- link

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Post subject: Do you need a printed reservation?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:02 pm 

Hey guys

Going into the Kruger for day tomorrow, I have made my advanced reservation but do not have access to a printer, do you have to have a printed copy? Or you think I can use my iPad to show them the details??

Thanks.

Regards

Post subject: Re: Do you need a printed reservation?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
If you make a note of your reservation number and client number they can look you up.

I once misplaced out paperwork, and there was no problem at all. They were very helpful at Malelane Gate where we entered the park, and Croc bridge camp, where we were staying.

Have a lovely day in the park.!!! :thumbs_up:

Post subject: Re: Do you need a printed reservation?
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:19 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
If you have your reservation number as well as your client code I am sure that the staff at the reception can access the rest on their computer system, wish I was you, have a FANTASTIC day :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:

Tamboti 30 December 2014
Berg en Dal 31 December 204 - 03 January 2015

Post subject: How many can you book at one time?
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 am 

There will be three or four sets of people traveling together but in separate cars and want separate huts/tents in several camps in Kruger. Can 1 person make res for 3 spots at each camp or does each party need to make their own? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: How many can you book at one time?
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Hi Matnikstym,

I've booked more than one accommodation on one reservation number in the same camp in the past.

Enjoy your trip.......... :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:18 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Deffinitely possible Just make copies of the booking form and each group has one in case you dont arrive at the same time at an entrance gate or camp .. not fun having to wait about for your friends to arrive

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:53 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Matnikstym, we usually book under one reservation number for our group.

Some lessons I have learnt....

1. Specify type of accommodation you want and number of people per hut - look online for the codes and equipment provided in the various accom types.
2. If you are paying separately, you can do this but make sure that the other guests quote the reservation number and note on the form that the credit card name is different from the booking info. Also pay at least 10 days before due date as we have had issues relating to this before. If your booking is not paid on time it is automatically cancelled. We usually pay the deposit in full ourselves and then have a smaller balance to pay than our friends. I always call reservations two days before due date to make sure that the payments have been processed properly.
3. The camps usually try to keep a group together. At most, we have been one or two huts in between. You can request specific huts from the camps by emailing the camps. We do this about 8 weeks out.

Enjoy.

KNP June 2015
Mopani, Tamboti, Satara, Skukuza, Croc Bridge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next