Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Wildcard renewal problems ? Better to buy a new one .......
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:59 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

I find it quite perplexing that one should so often see how people have problems in either obtaining membership of wildcard or to renew it , or to receive the card after applying for a new one. And that the same type of problems keep on recurring :doh:

I am also currently experiencing problems in renewing my wildcard . My card expired on 23rd March and when I go online to renew it , firstly I have to login , and then confirm all my details ( they have not changed ) . But one of the compulsory fields to complete is my passport number - this despite having verified and reverified my SA identity number . Then I am required to enter my partners ID number , but every time I submit it , somehow , somewhere it does not match with some unknown number somewhere on file :doh:

And the whole darn thing freezes up , and I have to start up all over again .

You know , last year , I had similar problems to renew my wildcard , and in the end , I just ignored the whole shambles , and purchased a new card without any further problems .

So , my question : Is that what we have to do every time when the wildcard expires ?
That is , should one then just buy a new one - seems rather stupid to me :doh:
But , if that needs to be done , so be it of course :hmz:

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.
7 - 10 Sept 2013 -Shingwedzi .
11 - 13 Sept 2013 - Balule .
14 - 17 Sept 2013 - Satara .

Post subject: Re: Wildcard renewal problems ? Better to buy a new one ....
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:17 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

We should summarise all excuses given since 2010, in chronological order

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2013)
okie wrote:
I am also currently experiencing problems in renewing my wildcard . My card expired on 23rd March and when I go online to renew it , firstly I have to login , and then confirm all my details ( they have not changed ) . But one of the compulsory fields to complete is my passport number - this despite having verified and reverified my SA identity number . Then I am required to enter my partners ID number , but every time I submit it , somehow , somewhere it does not match with some unknown number somewhere on file :doh:

And the whole darn thing freezes up , and I have to start up all over again

I had the same problem when renewing my card online... It might be easier to renew the card on your next visit to a park.

I renewed mine when we checked in at Skukuza (KNP). Was very quick and a lot less frustrating than doing it online!

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:49 am 

Quote:
forestgump wrote:
I renewed mine when we checked in at Skukuza (KNP). Was very quick and a lot less frustrating than doing it online!

That is okay if you are going into the KNP. My card needs renewing and I want to use it at some of the Ezemvelo reserves before my Kruger visit in August. Can one renew one's card at one of the participating members?.
I also want to add two more children to my card.
I hope I am not going to experience further complications. :cry:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2013)
mizzbee wrote:
Can one renew one's card at one of the participating members?.

I`m not sure..maybe one of the mods can help you? :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:50 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Well not at Ezemvelo KZN as they have their own gold rhino card. (As they are busy changing their system you can buy access for 3months quite cheaply.)

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

okie wrote:
I find it quite perplexing that one should so often see how people have problems in either obtaining membership of wildcard or to renew it , or to receive the card after applying for a new one. And that the same type of problems keep on recurring :doh:

And the whole darn thing freezes up , and I have to start up all over again .

You know , last year , I had similar problems to renew my wildcard , and in the end , I just ignored the whole shambles , and purchased a new card without any further problems .

So , my question : Is that what we have to do every time when the wildcard expires ?
That is , should one then just buy a new one - seems rather stupid to me :doh:
But , if that needs to be done , so be it of course :hmz:

I can only shake my head and also :wall:

This weekend , we went to Tankwa National Park , and , because my wildcard had expired , asked the nice ladies at reception to renew my card .

First of all , apparently the number of my wildcard was not valid , and the computer kept on rejecting it .
Then , the computer program " hung -up " .
After about 20 minutes , and many abortive attempts , I was eventually asked to pay the fee - R570 for a " all-clusters couple card " .
Got my receipt and hunky-dory , I should receive my usual confirmation by e.mail , which I got today , on my return home .

Guess what ?

It appears that a NEW CARD , with NEW NUMBER is to be issued , and some time in the future ( we know it takes forever :doh: ) , I will receive my new card in the post ----- This , all according to the e.mail received .

Does anyone at Sanparks Wildcard desk actually understand and know what they are doing :hmz:

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.
7 - 10 Sept 2013 -Shingwedzi .
11 - 13 Sept 2013 - Balule .
14 - 17 Sept 2013 - Satara .

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:15 pm 

And what with the current level of postal theft and the ongoing postal strike, you should get your card about three days after it expires :dance:

I have found that the easiest method of attaining the benefits of a wild card is to apply for a new card on my annual pilgrimage to the Kruger, and keeping the paperwork in the cubby of my car, should I ever need the use of it at an alternate park during the year.
Things worked out well for me this time around. I did receive my card a few months before expiry. :clap:

Learn to use your equipment
and spend your time taking,
rather than processing images.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 pm 

I gave up trying to renew my card and just bought a new one on line. I have my confirmation letter and hopefully I will receive my new card within 30 days from application as stated. :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:56 pm 

From the posts here it appears there is a world of difference between online and face to face.

My own experience of personally renewing my wildcard at the Knysna Sanparks office has been very good.
This was my second renewal.
Went from a single to a couples card without a hassle and even kept the same card and number.
All completed within a few minutes and my confirmation letter was in my inbox the same morning.

No help to those who cannot visit a Sanparks office themselves and I sympathise with your frustrations.

Go figure :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:18 pm 

enrico wrote:
From the posts here it appears there is a world of difference between online and face to face.

My own experience of personally renewing my wildcard at the Knysna Sanparks office has been very good.
This was my second renewal.
Went from a single to a couples card without a hassle and even kept the same card and number.
All completed within a few minutes and my confirmation letter was in my inbox the same morning.

No help to those who cannot visit a Sanparks office themselves and I sympathise with your frustrations.

Go figure :hmz:

We are also experiencing problems renewing our wildcard. It is a good idea to renew when entering a park. Does anybody know if this can be done at Mapungubwe??? Buying a new one online still does not give us a card in time, and the confirmation is only valid for 30 days????????

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:02 pm 

You should be able to renew at Mapungubwe.

You should also be able to renew online, I'm not sure why you think you won't have time as if you are renewing you won't get a new one anyway.

I will check again the process for renewing online.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:24 pm 

Thanks for the info. but why do you think we all write about problems if online renewal would work as it should do? The system does not recognize our details, whatever we try. In fact it does not recognize us at all, although we have been wildcard members for years! And if we would buy a new wildcard it would take at least 30 days to arrive in the mail (if it arrives at all). And the confirmation letter, they say, is now only valid for 30 days! We are leaving home on the 13th July and we will need the card till at least 15th August. So we can only buy a new card on the 12th July and hope for the best.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:25 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

We also had a problem trying to renew online and ended up renewing our card at Marakele. It appears that Wild Card is implementing a new numbering system and the number on the face of the card (plastic number) is not the same as the one in their system - unfortunately it also seems that not all plastic numbers have been linked to the new system numbers. We have our old card and the receipt of payment and will continue to use this card until we get a new card - if we ever receive one, that is :roll:

KNP 3 May - 8 June 2014

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I am in the same situation as all the above. Unable to renew my card on-line.

Why offer the facility if it does not work????????????????????

Fortunately I can get to the SANParks Head Office here in Pretoria and do the renewal there.

Typical autocratic government department. Our systems not working is not our problem it is yours so sort it out or you cannot go to a reserve. SIES!!!!!!!!!!!!