View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: KTP - Trailer advice PLEASE
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:09 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Hi LauraC and welcome to the forum!!!......... :thumbs_up:

I would think twice before going with a normal Venter trailer. We've seen so many of them broken down next to the road over the years. You'll be doing quite a lot of traveling between camps so your trailer will be taking some beating on the roads. Saw a bakkie earlier the month stranded with broken Spring blades.

Maybe of of the musketeers have a brilliant solution on how we could give your Venter some botox????

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:41 pm 

Thank you so much .....don't know why it's taken me so long to join.....and also for the info, much appreciated!

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Pleasure and now you are more than welcome to join in the fun on all the other topics.......... :gflower:

Say "hi" on the GGGG thread in Chit Chat and follow and comment on those stunning Travel tales. Oh and we would love to read how your trip went so please report back!! :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:49 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
How about one of those Thule roof carriers then you dont have to tow anything its all on top . All the lightweight stuff can be stored there Go to Europe no one has trailers they all have these carriers on the roof. Easy to handle and are sealed so no dust can get in .and can be removed with ease .
Oh and welcome to the forum ... Warning Its very addictive to which there is no cure

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:17 pm 

lion queen wrote:
Pleasure and now you are more than welcome to join in the fun on all the other topics.......... :gflower:

Say "hi" on the GGGG thread in Chit Chat and follow and comment on those stunning Travel tales. Oh and we would love to read how your trip went so please report back!! :dance: :dance:

I will.... I can't wait

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:28 pm 

Hugh wrote:
How about one of those Thule roof carriers then you dont have to tow anything its all on top . All the lightweight stuff can be stored there Go to Europe no one has trailers they all have these carriers on the roof. Easy to handle and are sealed so no dust can get in .and can be removed with ease .
Oh and welcome to the forum ... Warning Its very addictive to which there is no cure

I've looked at those before.....but they seem so small tho??? Am needing to take bulky duvets so we don't freeze in June. Also will have 2 freezers in the car with meat and frozen essentials, so that takes a lot of room.....water, beer, wine wood and charcoal and clothes added..... I don't know if it will all fit into that little capsule and the car??

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
LauraC, I really don't think you need to take duvets with.

All the chalets/tents you'll be in, does have extra blankets. I would rather buy some of those fleece blankets that is small and light and put that in the bed under the duvet, we did that last year in KNP and it worked like a dream!!! You could pack that in the car to cover your legs on the way to the park.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:05 pm 

lion queen wrote:
LauraC, I really don't think you need to take duvets with.

All the chalets/tents you'll be in, does have extra blankets. I would rather buy some of those fleas blankets that is small and light and put that in the bed under the duvet, we did that last year in KNP and it worked like a dream!!! You could pack that in the car to cover your legs on the way to the park.

Thank you Lion Queen.....sjoe....that's a big help...great that don't have to take duvets. That makes a big bunch more space! My problem is that I have been talking to 1 group of friends who only camps and have gone there in mid winter a few times

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:15 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi and welcome LauraC. Also take hot water bottles for each passenger.

As far as packing meat it concerned. I pack our meat per meal into zip locks and freeze. Much more fits into the freezer section of the fridge freezer - just take sure the size ziplock fits into the basket. Also do that with cooked rice.

Enjoy your trip.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm 

Foxy wrote:
Hi and welcome LauraC. Also take hot water bottles for each passenger.

As far as packing meat it concerned. I pack our meat per meal into zip locks and freeze. Much more fits into the freezer section of the fridge freezer - just take sure the size ziplock fits into the basket. Also do that with cooked rice.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks Foxy......hot water bottles will definitely go down a treat! Good idea re packing the meat as well.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm 

I have found an empty Bushbaby trailer for hire today for a reasonable price .... after much running around. So have now booked it!! Thanks Lion Queen for your guidance. Went and looked at the capsules for the top of the car as well, but they only hold max 100Kg's, which is not going to help. Getting organised :P

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:50 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Glad you are all sorted out Laura. I will merge this topic to Kgalagadi: trailers, caravans & motor homes shortly in the index Enjoy your stay :)

Post subject: Re: Kgalagadi: trailers, caravans & motorhomes
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm 

Location: England, previously Rietvlei, Natal - hankering to be back in KTP
I see this thread has not been used in a while but trust it is still open. Can anyone tell me if it's OK to bring a Motorhome in at TR and travel up to Nossob where we would exit into Namibia? We are planning a trip for 2015 and I know the road conditions will be different then, but I have never seen a motorhome during our previous trips.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:36 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Hi Expat,

I'm not sure whether I misunderstood you, but you can not exit from Nossob to Namibia. Only from Mata Mata.

I've seen one or two Motorhomes over the years in Kgalagadi. It's not something I would recommend, but it's doable.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:51 pm 

Location: England, previously Rietvlei, Natal - hankering to be back in KTP
Thanks, Lion Queen! In my anticipation of another Kgalagadi trip, I got my camps all muddled up! Mata Mata it was!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next