Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: How do you amend an existing reservation?
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 pm 

Elephantears wrote:
Can you please tell me how do I change an existing reservation to a different type in the same camp for the same dates?
(for an example BD2U unit to BD2V in Olifants Rest Camp)
And how do I know which bungalow I will get? For an instance all BD2U bungalows have number below it in red brackets representing 3,2,1
Thank you very much.

Hi EE

Are you looking on the monthly availability page? Those numbers in red are the numbers of units still available.

Are you registered with online bookings? You can try and amend it online, or you can email reservations with the change. How long before you arrive in the park?

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Post subject: Re: How do you amend an existing reservation?
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:16 am 

Hi ElephantEars,

If you booked your accommodation online it is pretty straightforward to change it online too. In fact I literally just changed mine.

Check first that the accommodation you want is available by going to the left hand panel of the Home Page and finding Travel - Availability - Olifants - "Monthly calender or a particular date".

If it is available go to Travel - Reservations.

Click on "Book and Pay Directly Online".

Click on "Review Existing Reservations"

Click on the Reservation number you want to change.

Find the one that you are changing and click on Cancel

That will take off the accommodation already booked - you have to do that first otherwise it will throw you out at the end.

Then click on "Add Itinerary"

That will take you through to allow you to choose the new accommodation you want.

If the new accommodation is more then there will be no modification fee once you have chosen the new one.

Go to checkout and pay any balance due.

Have a great trip :dance:

Post subject: Re: Can not move from one bungalow to another
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm 

Did you read page one of that link? quote

Dear Bushdancer,

The reason for this is not so much the check-in and check-out time differential, but more often a problem of the guest refusing to vacate the one hut and leaving their belongings behind and unit cannot be readied for next booked guests. As long as you accept that you will need to move and adhere to check-out times, then we will allow this practice. Please send me your booking details and we will address.

With kind regards.

JOEP STEVENS (joep.stevens@sanparks.org)

Post subject: Re: Can not move from one bungalow to another
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 pm 

Some good news,

I e-mailed Mr Joep Stevens and informed him in no uncertain terms what I think of this utter redicilous ruling and what inconvenience it caused me and the good news is he informed me via an e-mail today that they are buzy revising the oudtated policy to accommodate moving from one to another unit if need be.

Hope the result will be positive and SOON

Post subject: Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:58 am 

Hi saulo85

As a matter of interest, even though we live in Cape Town, I always do all my National Parks bookings by phoning the Reservation House 'satellite booking office' in Jhb (tel: 011-678-8870) and making your reservations then and there over the phone. You never have to wait more than a couple of minutes to get through to a consultant, and I find them unfailingly polite and efficient - the confirmation email comes through almost before I've put the phone down.

Also, if you're unable to find exactly what you want accommodation-wise, but don't want to lose the availability there is, this is a good way to 'hedge your bets', as (unlike online booking), you don't have to pay immediately - depending on how far in advance you're booking, there's about a month's grace period before you have to pay the deposit, during which time more or better accommodation could become available - and you don't end up paying a penalty. Good luck with your bookings!

Post subject: Re: Online Booking
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi all,

Last night at 19:30 we disabled online bookings for an annual process to complete. Bookings was only enabled at around 1am this morning. There was also a warning notice to users prior to the disablement.

You would have got a down message when accessing the page and it was not a technical error.

On a side note, for future, all our scheduled downtime's are done on a tuesday night so if you do see a notice about downtime from 19:30 / 20:00 on a tuesday, you can know it will more than likely be a scheduled downtime.

Post subject: Re: Cancellation policy
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 pm 

nicvincent wrote:
All nice. But what happens if I need to cancel more than 30 days (e.g. 2 months) before arrival? Would there be any cancellation fee or will all the amount be credited back to my cc?
Many thanks

That's right, more than 30 days and there is no cancellation charge and as I understand it either paid back or you can take a credit.

Post subject: Re: Booking when travelling with 2 year olds
Unread postPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:03 am 
Guru
Guru

sybie99 wrote:
Hi,

We have 2 boys who are now 25 months old. When they were under two they did not pay for accommodation.

Now that they are older than 2 they must also pay. Does this mean that we MUST book into a 4 bed bungalow or tent if we go to Kruger, even though the little ones cannot sleep on a single bed yet as they fall off? They always stay in their camp cots so in the past we book 2 bed huts. It just seems so overly expensive to have to spend double on ones accommodation even though the kids are too small to use beds, I mean they are tiny!

Regards,

Sybrand

Dear Sybie99

I would advise that you call the camp that you intend to book directly and explain your situation. They will then advise you on what kind of accommodation is suitable if you are travelling with kids.

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116
stephens.ledwaba@sanparks.org

Post subject: change of booking
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:44 pm 

Help want to change a booking can anyone tell me if any of the offices are open saturdays?
dont know how to do it on line. Thanks
Lucy

Post subject: Re: change of booking
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm 

Hi Lucy

Yes, they are open on a Saturday, in the morning.

Central Reservations (Pretoria): +27 (0)12 428 9111 or mobile: +27 (0)82 233 9111
Call Centre Office Hours (GMT+2)

Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 17:00
Saturday: 08:00 - 13:00

List of satellite offices here:- link

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Post subject: Re: change of booking
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm 

Thanks DB know I can always rely on the mites to come up with answers. :gflower: :gflower:

Post subject: Do you need a printed reservation?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:02 pm 

Hey guys

Going into the Kruger for day tomorrow, I have made my advanced reservation but do not have access to a printer, do you have to have a printed copy? Or you think I can use my iPad to show them the details??

Thanks.

Regards

Post subject: Re: Do you need a printed reservation?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
If you make a note of your reservation number and client number they can look you up.

I once misplaced out paperwork, and there was no problem at all. They were very helpful at Malelane Gate where we entered the park, and Croc bridge camp, where we were staying.

Have a lovely day in the park.!!! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:19 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
If you have your reservation number as well as your client code I am sure that the staff at the reception can access the rest on their computer system, wish I was you, have a FANTASTIC day :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:

Tamboti 30 December 2014
Berg en Dal 31 December 204 - 03 January 2015

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:39 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I haven't printed paperwork for ages. This includes reservation confirmation letters and wild card letters. I keep electronic copies on my phone, and when necessary just use that (zoomed in usually). Most times you just need the relevant number (reservation or wild card etc) and not even the document. (I show the doc because I can't remember the numbers, though sometimes after a trip of a few days I start remembering reservation numbers)

FGASA Level 1 Guide

Glen Reenen TR

15-18 June: Berg-en-dal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next