Honeymoon in Kruger Park?

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Sheenaugh-Lee
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Honeymoon In The Kruger

Unread postby Sheenaugh-Lee » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm

topgunhorse wrote:
RobertT wrote:Phew, this is a bad news year coming up, floods, 2 weddings, how ,much more tragedy can the guys take. :whistle: :whistle:

A bit extreme I know, but how else could I persuade her to let me come back to the place of my dreams! :dance:

LOL topgun that's bribery in corruption LOL but it worked lol CONGRATS to you to on your Engagement and soon to be wedding Hope you have a stunning time :)
Im still In LOVE with my Kruger!

Home is where the Heart is and my Heart lies in the Kruger ...FACT!

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby RobertT » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 pm

topgunhorse wrote:
RobertT wrote:Phew, this is a bad news year coming up, floods, 2 weddings, how ,much more tragedy can the guys take. :whistle: :whistle:

A bit extreme I know, but how else could I persuade her to let me come back to the place of my dreams! :dance:

Take my hat off to you, thats dedication and sacrifice what you are doing just to get to Kruger. It takes years to recover and some never do. :lol: :lol:

Bush Baptist
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)

Unread postby Bush Baptist » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:34 pm

topgunhorse wrote:

:hmz: If it gets wetter, and they have to cancel bookings, you could consider Kgalagadi. Just as good. :thumbs_up:
Whatever (according to BB): "You are correct but I don't want to admit it".

topgunhorse

Unread postby topgunhorse » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Hypothetically speaking, if the rains ended today, is it likely to take days, weeks or months before normal travel in the park becomes possible?
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Unless any major bridges are severely damaged its surprising how quickly things get back to relative normality.
We were in the park in Feb last year, about a month after the floods, much like we will be again in a couple of weeks time and apart from a few roads/picnic spots that were still closed we weren't really that much disadvantaged.
Sure you can see damaged bridge railings, scoured out rivers and signs of where the water had been but honestly we still were able to enjoy ourselves.
I guess every flood is a bit different to the last in some ways so just keep an eye on the topics for up to date info.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

peterpiper
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby peterpiper » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Consider the luxury tents at Tamboti. They aren't very expensive and have double beds. Awesome camp and no need to go driving around. :)
Home is where you hang your @

ruthp

Unread postby ruthp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Sheenaugh-Lee wrote:I wish a person could actually have their wedding ceremony in the park!

You can try to arrange it - our daughter was married 10 years ago at Skukuza - the minister who serves at the church in Skukz conducted a non -religious ceremony which was very beautiful - It was held in the thatched lapa next to the restaurant and her bouquet of her beloved sunflowers was arranged by the nursery staff - We had a brunch catered by the restaurant (20 people)
It started with a phone call to the camp manager and then everything was arranged by phone fax and e-mail
BTW The kids sent 3 weeks on honeymoon in Kruger and are goin g to be there again this year for their 10th anniversay on 2 Feb

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

Sheenaugh-Lee
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Sheenaugh-Lee » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm

ruthp wrote:
Sheenaugh-Lee wrote:I wish a person could actually have their wedding ceremony in the park!

You can try to arrange it - our daughter was married 10 years ago at Skukuza - the minister who serves at the church in Skukz conducted a non -religious ceremony which was very beautiful - It was held in the thatched lapa next to the restaurant and her bouquet of her beloved sunflowers was arranged by the nursery staff - We had a brunch catered by the restaurant (20 people)
It started with a phone call to the camp manager and then everything was arranged by phone fax and e-mail
BTW The kids sent 3 weeks on honeymoon in Kruger and are goin g to be there again this year for their 10th anniversay on 2 Feb

wow Ruth that sounds stunning tell did they have to get married at home affairs prior to the wedding at skukuza?
Im still In LOVE with my Kruger!

Home is where the Heart is and my Heart lies in the Kruger ...FACT!

stephan groen

Re: Honeymoon in Kruger Park?

Unread postby stephan groen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi all,

Will be spending my honeymoon inter alia as follow:

2 nights Highlands Retreat (GGNP)
2 night Golden Gate Hotel (Honeymoon suite)
1 Night Skukuza Semi Luxury Riverside
2 Nights Talamati

We got engaged at crooks Corner in January. So it's natural that Kruger should form part of the Honeymoon...
"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars."

13-16 June: Mopani

19-21 Sept: Mata Mata
22-23 Sept: Nossob
24-26 Sept: Twee Rivieren

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: Honeymoon in Kruger Park?

Unread postby Crested Val » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Congrats Stephan.......hope you have an amazing honeymoon, and that you are blessed with fabulous sightings. :thumbs_up:
Thinking of Africa every day.

Return to “Kruger National Park”