Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a pet?
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Congratulations to your niece and Fluffy Siobain! What a beautiful kitty! :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Award: Avatar of the Year (2012)
Thanks Hilda! Yes, my niece Amy couldn't be more proud!

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:41 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
I wish all our pets a fireworks free New Years eve and New Years day.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
It's so sad that people know how badly fireworks affect animals,yet they still insist on setting them off. Don't seem to care. Have they no love in there hearts for these animals.

My neighbors are having a big party with fireworks galore, my poor dog Gal, is frantic. Have given her lots of rescue, but doesn't seem to be helping.

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Grantmissy wrote:
I wish all our pets a fireworks free New Years eve and New Years day.

That is why I always pray for heavy rain on New Year's Eve Grantmissy, but there was no rain. It sounded like World War III since just before 20:00 until 01:30 last night! It didn't sound like normal fireworks, it sounded like bombs! Oh how I hate fireworks! And as Carol g has said, people don't seem to care about the poor animals! :evil:

I haven't heard a single Go-away Bird this morning! And the poor Owls also sounded very miserable last night during the "war"!

Happy New Year to all of you and your Pets! :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:39 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hilda, how did your 4 legged children handle the bombs. Hope they're ok

Hope you and Barry have a great new year.

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Hi Carol G! Best wishes to you too for 2013! :D

All three my 4-legged kids were watching TV with us on the bed. We just tried our best to keep them calm while the "bombs" went off! They handled it better than I thought they would. Thank you for caring! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hilda, what are your 4 legged kids names and how old are they? Saw a picture of them somewhere on the forums, they look awfully cute.

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thank goodness no fireworks here! Saffie is scared of thunder so I suspect she wouldn't handle fireworks either.
At the moment one of our cats has a huge abscess on her head the size of a tennis ball :shock: It came up in 24 hours. I think it is from a cat bite or scratch as we couldn't find a grass seed entry site. I tried to lance it with a sterile equine syringe needle but it did not make a large enough puncture wound. (Don't worry sounds gruesome and painful but it wasn't!). Unfortunately we didn't have a scalpel blade handy so after NYD I rang the vet to make an appointment. Then of course we couldn't catch the cat! She knew something was up and now has gone quite loopy and will not let us anywhere near. :? After another 24hrs she is looking decidedly poorly. Am hoping she will sneak into the house tonight and we can shut her in and catch her! :pray: That abscess is going to be spectacular when they lance it! :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Carol g wrote:
Hilda, what are your 4 legged kids names and how old are they? Saw a picture of them somewhere on the forums, they look awfully cute.

Hi Carol G, I had four of them, but unfortunately the eldest one, Rudolph, had to be euthanised on 20 November last year after he had kidney failure and a stroke. He was 14 and a half years old. Then there is Carla, who turned 14 on 16 November, and I think you would understand my anguish about her age. Then there is Barend, he will be 12 in March, and then the youngest one, Frederick, who is 5 years old. All of them Pekingese and very spoilt! But we love them dearly! :D

Threedogs, I am so sorry to hear about your cat's abscess! That must be very painful! I sincerely hope you can catch her soon! Of course she knows she must go to the vet, that's why she dodges you! :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:53 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hi Hilda, yes I read about Rudolph on the forums before I joined, felt so sad for you. I can understand your stress about Carla's age. I also get totally in a state about Gal getting old,she is 12 and a half now. My last Border Collie passed away when she was just over 13, so you do get worried when they start approaching those ages.

Threedogs hope you catch that cat so it can get to the vet. Sounds so sore. How are the dogs going with the new discipline thing? Are you wining? I do hope so. :)

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:04 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi Carolg! Hi hilda!

Not so sure we are making progress with the dog reconciliation process :x
The 'new rules' are working quite well, the dogs are responding to that. However, Toki and Lucy only tolerate each other when in the yard without one of us (especially me :roll: ). If we step into the picture and they both come together clamouring for our attention or wanting to get inside then a fight is imminent! *Sigh*
My days are now revolving around a fine tuned military operation of keeping the dog walking, excercise, inside, outside, locked up, let out etc routine going!!! :doh:

As for our cat, I fear the worst today :( We could not catch her last night and she did not come inside as we hoped. It is 40 deg C today and tomorrow and I fear she will get weak with the infection and not come to water for a drink. I have put water dishes outside behind the shed for her :pray:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:45 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Oh no Threedogs! I was hoping for great news! I sincerely hope and pray that she comes home soon, because she knows she needs help and she also knows where to get it! :pray:

And your doggies! Good luck, they surely keep you busy! But I think it will take time for them to adapt to the new rules. But I am afraid they will always fight for your attention. :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Yes hilda, the dogs are a long term project methinks! :lol: (aren't they always!)
On the upside, Tank loves his new home and routine (or lack of routine)
Sadly haven't seen Greyspot the cat yet today, but it is still VERY hot outside. Will update tomorrow!

Hope everyone's pets are happy and healthy this new year. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Award: Avatar of the Year (2012)
PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME SAVE MY BULLDOG "TESSIE"

Due to a divorce I went through a few years back, I was unable to take my dog Tessie (a beautiful Bulldog), with me, I had no home or any place I could keep her, so my ex-husband agreed to keep her with him.

I have managed to make a new life for myself with a wonderful partner. We stay in a townhouse and now have 2 dogs of our own. Tessie has always been happy living with my ex, so I always made time to visit her whenever I could. Tessie is now 12 years old which is a great innings for a bulldog, but she has become a special needs dog, as she has become deaf and suffers from arthritis.

My ex-husband contacted me a few months back to tell me he was leaving the country and if I didn't take her, he would then euthanize her. Even with her ailments she is still a very happy dog and definitely still has a will to live, so of course I wanted to keep her with me. I sent a letter to my body corporate explaining the situation and they have adamantly denied her the opportunity of spending her final days here with me.

I did reply to this stating that I did not have the heart to euthanize her and I have since brought her here to our townhouse complex. I received another letter from them today stating I have 7 days to remove her or they will be taking legal action against me, including all costs etc.

I know I could most likely find plenty of kind loving people who may wish to provide a home for her, however, I lost her once and do not want to lose her again, I love her so dearly this is breaking my heart!

Is there anyone out there who knows the laws on this issue and could help me, do I have any rights in this situation?

Last edited by Siobain on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 97  Next