Skip to Content

Trying to renew/update Wildcard

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.
GJ

Trying to renew/update Wildcard

Unread postby GJ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi there hope somebody could help me i am trying to update my wildcard i renewd it on 8/9/2012 and called the nummer to connect my new wildcard but still no confromation.
I am trying a month to update it at wildcard.co.za but the site does not works.

What can i do i alrwady send a mail a month ago but still no reply

saraf

Re: Trying to renew/update Wildcard

Unread postby saraf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:33 pm

If you PM me your Wild Card number, ID and a contact email address I will try to get someone to look into it.
Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2015. Voting is now open - see here for details

pops

Unread postby pops » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi SARAF. It is good to see you actively helping the way you do and it seems to me getting the fantastic results which you do.results.

Thanx

chirinda
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby chirinda » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Where are you, GJ, because there is a Sanparks booking office in Northcliff, Johannesburg, which was very helpful to me. I went in to make a booking and mentioned that I had paid for the wild card in January and still only had the letter of proof of payment, even though I am getting e-mails, and magazines in the post.

The chap I spoke to put in an enquiry on 14 Sept and I collected the registered letter on 20 October. Speedy by SAPO standards :D

They are certainly very helpful at that office.

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby Crested Val » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 pm

As previously said, I think I have recantly succesfully renewed my Wildcard membership, and updated the details (both online) I will double check all this at Phala Gate next weekend, but looking hopeful!! :thumbs_up:

It was easy peasy!!! Well done SANParks. :dance:
Thinking of my beloved South Africa every day.

Virtual Potjie Competition for VHR Far School's Project

GuyP
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby GuyP » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Give Pam a call on 011 678 8870 she did mine over the phone yesterday :D :D :D

Porridge
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Porridge » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:15 pm

I've gained access to KNP over the last 2 years with a confirmation letter, as my Wild card never actually made an appearance regardless of endless queries.

Imagine my surprise when, 7 weeks ago, I received a phonecall from the Groenkloof office (and I forget the lady's name, shame on me) to enquire why I had never collected my new card? After a few checks, it was found that somehow SANParks had managed to mangle my physical and postal addresses together, which resulted in my card arriving in the wrong place (which would probably explain why I never got it in the first place). This is in spite of my ensuring that my online details were 100% at least 10 times. On that call, this wonderfully pleasant woman sorted the mess out, and she was a pleasure to deal with.

Apparently things have changed, people. I received an SMS last week from SANParks telling me that my card had been mailed, I received another SMS from them on Monday telling me that it had arrived and was ready to be collected at my local Post Office. Okay so it took the Post Office 3 days to let me know that I could fetch it (notification via email with tracking attachments, no less :big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes: ) but the way it was done was thoroughly professional, and I must admit to being completely gobsmacked by the level of professionalism displayed by SANParks.

This is what I have always wanted to see, so SANParks, take a bow, you wonderful people. BLOODY well done!!!

Just ever so by the way, my new Wild card is safely ensconced in my wallet. I'm going to shake the hand of every SANParks person I see once I'm in at the end of November.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The simple rule to follow with all animals is one of respect.

Tired of wishing "you were there"? Try something different

27-30 August - Mahlangeni Ranger Post - SHR Project Relax
12-23 November - Roodewal, Shing and Punda

GJ

Unread postby GJ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks or the help this morning i got my confromation letter by mail from miss Smith

Return to “Wild Card”