Skip to Content

Partner on your wild card

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.

Moderator: Crested Val

Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Partner on your wild card

Unread postby PetraJ » Wed May 02, 2012 3:30 pm

I bought a family wildcard for R700 (which is a lot of money). I've put my life partner's name on there as well as his ID. Why can he not enter the park without me, even with the original wildcard? His name and ID number is on there as well? It is not possible for us to enter the park at the same time as he is much more in the park than me, due to work related issues?

Re: Partner on your wild card

Unread postby saraf » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:46 pm

I have had confirmation from Wild Card that partners named on Family and Couples cards can gain independent access with the Wild Card. As long as you are named in the card details then you are eligible to use the Wild Card. Please note however that significant changes - i.e. names on the card, can only be added at the time of purchase or renewal, you cannot swap the named people on the card at any other time.

If you have any problems with gaining entry into a park with a Wild Card then please follow this course of action:

1. Always have your ID or passport with you.
2. Insist that the receptionist check the card details and not just the name printed on the card.
3. If they still will not give you access, ask to speak to a supervisor.
4. If they still will not give you access, ask for their name and make a note of the date and time. When you get home please log a query with Wild Card using the query link from this page. In addition, please send me the details - including a contact email address and your Wild Card number and full names and I will try to get it investigated.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Return to “Wild Card”