Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 5516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237 ... 368  Next
 Post subject: Re: Varsity Student Formites
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:11 am 

Wow wow wow :shock: :big_eyes: :clap: :clap: :clap: that is so awesome!!! :clap: your pics are great!!! And that video just makes me so homesick for the park!!! But wow and that song! Truly wow! :clap: :clap: I love the way you put it together! Those cubs and the swimming hyaenas and well everything! So awesome! Wow! :shock: :clap: I love it! :D :D :D

Last time mk kicked some script bunnies, maybe this time she'll go right ahead and shred em. :wink: good luck.

Support the anti rhino poaching Brownie Project

KNP TR Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Join the No-Kudu Horns Quiz

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks Cheetah. Will try asking them about it once they back.

As far as a camera is concerned, my personal favourite is Nikon because Nikon has the best lens, and the reason for this is that my dad owns a camera shop for over 15 years called Camera House and therefore the quality of Nikon photo's are always better although Cannon is really good and has more camera features on the actual camera.

It all depends on different people on the camera they prefer. Although I do have a Nikon camera, I mostly use a Pentax camera because I have a 500mm lens for the Pentax.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:42 am 

Asked my boss if I can take leave in the 2nd half of June. Hopefully he gets back to me quickly while there is still accommodation available. Fingers crossed.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:49 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

lettuceleaf711 wrote:
Asked my boss if I can take leave in the 2nd half of June. Hopefully he gets back to me quickly while there is still accommodation available. Fingers crossed.

I got my fingers crossed for u

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:10 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Sleepyowl21 wrote:
Wow wow wow :shock: :big_eyes: :clap: :clap: :clap: that is so awesome!!! :clap: your pics are great!!! And that video just makes me so homesick for the park!!! But wow and that song! Truly wow! :clap: :clap: I love the way you put it together! Those cubs and the swimming hyaenas and well everything! So awesome! Wow! :shock: :clap: I love it! :D :D :D

Last time mk kicked some script bunnies, maybe this time she'll go right ahead and shred em. :wink: good luck.

:redface: :redface: Thanks so much Sleeps :gflower: I really appreciate that compliment! I link the pics to the lyrics coz I am really analytic about lyrics :whistle: And that song is really a good one! I often sing it in my mind when in the Park! :D

For my Feb trip I struggled to find appropriate music. The first song shows pics from my stay at Malalane, and the second song shows pics from Lower Sabie. :D

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:50 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Every one hope you are all having a great friday

Sleepyowl21 wrote:
I was thinking of starting with something simpler then upgrading to a dslr after I'm proficient with that. Maybe something like the canon sx130 or nikon L310. I don't want to get a dslr then have it sit in the cupboard coz I suck at taking pics. :hmz:

If you are going for a camera but dont want an SLR how about a bridge camera. They are basically normal cameras with a big zoom, I recently bought a Canon powershot sx40HS and I absolutely love it!! Great pictures and video

Bro & Sis Road Trip V2 in September

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm 

Hi guys!

Cheetah I love the videos with your photos, and the music goes so well, what music is it?
All your talk about cameras and photography is getting me keen to work on figuring out my camera, i normally just point and shoot on auto, but i want to understand what all the settings are for!

So i'm off into the park tomorrow!!! :dance: :dance: Can't wait!
We're staying at Skukuza tomorrow and then BnD sunday night. I really would love to see some cheetah, i've only ever seen them on the eastern side of the park. Maybe once more central, but i can't remember where exactly. Do you guys have any ideas about cheetah spots in the south?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:06 pm 

Have fun, Butterbee. I've never seen a cheetah in Kruger, but I'm sure someone here will have an idea.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:46 pm 

Hellllooooooooooo everyone :yaya:
What a great Friday it is! :dance: My boss is a total pffffft an decided to pay me half my salary this month :sniper: but today I had an interview and got a new job :thumbs_up: So I'm thinking a bit...

Owlet, get a Canon SX20, it is between a mikendruk and a fancy smancy lens camera, its a superzoom, and that was my first cameral that I bought, goes for about R3500 at the moment or you cna get the SX30 for R4000. Very nice cams for the beginner and the zoom help a lot in the Kruger!!!

MK how was the exam? So when does the Kruger countdown start? :hmz:

Lettuce I have never seen a cheetah in the Krugs either :slap: but it's another reason for me to return every time :tongue:

Buttertbee enjoy the Kruger even though I'm :mrgreen:

12 Jul Tambotie
13 Jul Sable Hide
14+15 Jul Punda
16-19 Jul Tsendze

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:09 pm 

Butterbee wrote:
Hi guys!

Cheetah I love the videos with your photos, and the music goes so well, what music is it?
All your talk about cameras and photography is getting me keen to work on figuring out my camera, i normally just point and shoot on auto, but i want to understand what all the settings are for!

So i'm off into the park tomorrow!!! :dance: :dance: Can't wait!
We're staying at Skukuza tomorrow and then BnD sunday night. I really would love to see some cheetah, i've only ever seen them on the eastern side of the park. Maybe once more central, but i can't remember where exactly. Do you guys have any ideas about cheetah spots in the south?

Hey Betterbee :D

The first vid has a song called 'Old Pine' by Ben Howard
the second vid has one of those Enya songs :lol: And a Paul Simon song :thumbs_up:
What cam do you have? :D

The best cheetah roads in the Park are the S28 between CB and LS, S29 to Mlondozi, and the H10 between LS and Tsokwane. But that is not so near to Skuks. The cheetah 'triangle' near Skuks is just South of Skuks. The H1-1,S22, S114. Kwaggaspan on the main road just South of Skuks is known for cheetah. Then the stevenson hamilton and renosterkoppies roads also produce cheetah fairly often :thumbs_up:

There was a cheetah sighting today on the croc river road (s25) East of Malalane. Traditionally people see cheetah and lions just South of Afsaal. But hey, its all down to luck at the end of the day :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:33 pm 

Hey hey

The second vid is incredible :clap: and another amazing music selection! :clap: brilliant! :clap: :clap: thanks so much for sharing! :gflower:

All you lucky people heading for Kruger have a fab time! :D

Thanks for the advice Heksie I think that's the kind of camera I'm looking for. More than a point and shoot, but less than a dslr. Like spargish said a bridge camera. I'm boing to go to Durban soon and i figure the city will have a bigger variety and better pricing so hopefully by the end of the holz I'll have a camera :dance:

Support the anti rhino poaching Brownie Project

KNP TR Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Join the No-Kudu Horns Quiz

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:28 pm 

Thanks Sleeps :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Evening :D

The exam went well thanks Heksie :thumbs_up: Sommer completed 150 multiple choices in 1:15 minutes 8)

Enjoy Kruger Butterbee :dance:

My count down has begun, exactly one week tomorrow :mrgreen:

Some wonderful vids there Cheetah :big_eyes:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:13 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Meerkitty. Enjoy and have a fab time. My countdown has began, exactly 35 days left.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

May it go really quick Kallis :dance:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237 ... 368  Next