Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Feedback - Lower Sabie
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:22 am 

I would like to provide some feedback on some staff members that helped me immensely on my recent stay at Lower Sabie but am not sure how to get it to the correct people. I will put the details below here and hope that it gets through somehow.

Firstly to Albert and Goodman of the Maintenance department. Albert firstly helped me over a couple of days and then together with Goodman worked for 2 hours in the blazing sun, helping me fix my trailer tyre on which the bearings had gone. When one thing didnt work, they didnt moan but simply thought of something else that might work. They put such an effort in to eventually get the thing working that i really could not thank them enough. Without them my trailer would be sitting on the rubish dump now! They really are a credit to Lower Sabie and the greater Kruger family.

Secondly to Sydney who works at the petrol station. My 2 year old daughter proceeded to stick a knife through our inflatable mattress and Sydney was very helpful in providing me with a puncture kit and glue with which to fix the mattress. Without this it would have been 3 very long nights sleeping on the hard floor! Again he was more then happy to help.

Staff members like this are hopefully cherished by Sanparks and I can only hope that they are looked after and remunerated accordingly so that they may stay happy and helpful in their jobs for many years to come. Albert has already clocked 40 years so he really is the veteran!

If this is the wrong place to post this I apologise and would be most grateful if someone out there could point me in the right direction so that the correct managers and senior staff receive this feedback regarding their staff.

Regards

MJ Strydom

Post subject: Re: Feedback - Lower Sabie
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:08 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Wow that was terrific help you got there by those Lower Sabie employees. When one receives help over and above what is expected it really does generate good feeling! Don't worry, the right people here will ensure your message gets through to those that matter! Thanks for sharing it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 pm 

Snor, thank you for taking the time to give this feedback.

We will move the post to the Ubuntu forum, and our forum angel, RosemaryH, will see that your comments are forwarded to the correct people.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

South Africa is made up of so many different amazing people - you are very lucky over there.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:23 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Snor, how wonderful to read about appreciation for help and assistance received! :clap: :clap:

We (me included) sometimes tend to only complain about things that were wrong or people who were not doing their jobs as they should, or are not friendly enough, and forget about the opposite side. :redface: If all of us show more appreciation, I am sure we will receive good service and friendliness wherever we go. I don't mean only in the SANParks, I mean everywhere. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:34 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2013)
Hi Snor

It's service like this that really makes me smile. It so often goes unmentioned - thanks for taking the time to share it and want to thank the staff concerned :thumbs_up:
I will pass this on with absolute pleasure :dance: :dance:

Quote:
Staff members like this are hopefully cherished by Sanparks and I can only hope that they are looked after and remunerated accordingly so that they may stay happy and helpful in their jobs for many years to come. Albert has already clocked 40 years so he really is the veteran!

Albert :thumbs_up: Well Done - :clap: :clap: :clap: