Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wild card not received??
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:57 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

saraf wrote:
Wild magazines are quarterly publications issued to current Wild Card holders. The Autumn edition has recently been published.

Nice to know, saraf. The last edition I got was the Spring edition! :( :( You see, foreign visitors don't get much for the high prices they pay! :hmz: However, as I sent you my details via PM, possibly you can arrange for the missing magazines, too? :wink:

- If I could fly (KNP March/April 2010)
- Time to fly south again (MZNP, Addo, and more Nov/Dec. 2011)

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
the first and only one I received is "summer 2011/2012"
few weeks ago... the card has still not took the same way :lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:41 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thank you saraf for the information and for the offer of help to me and other frustrated mites. It just seems that a system that should be straightforward to implement in this age of technology has been turned into a complete shambolic, mismanaged saga!

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
The only wild card I still have was issued before 10/2010 - I never did receive a replacement though the old card still had 7 months on it, and it has since expired. I too am required to buy the International Wild Card, and never did receive any of the magazines (unless I picked them up at camp reception).

I am concerned that even if I renew and pay for a new international card, I will not receive it before we travel to Kruger in October. From personal past experience and from reading the continuing concerns of other forum members. Of course, if I pay for the card at the gate, I still won't get a card, until sometime in the future.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:47 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

normana53 wrote:
The only wild card I still have was issued before 10/2010 - I never did receive a replacement though the old card still had 7 months on it, and it has since expired. I too am required to buy the International Wild Card, and never did receive any of the magazines (unless I picked them up at camp reception).

I am concerned that even if I renew and pay for a new international card, I will not receive it before we travel to Kruger in October. From personal past experience and from reading the continuing concerns of other forum members. Of course, if I pay for the card at the gate, I still won't get a card, until sometime in the future.

I'm in similar situation, norman, my last card was renewed end of September 2010 and expired end of September 2011. While they did eventually send me a 'new' card, it only arrived after I'd left for SA last year AND because of their 'personalisation', it listed my name in a way that I object to (I have 3 initials but their 'system' only allows for 2 or 1) and in order to change that, they wanted me to mail the card back to them :roll: .

This year, what I plan to do is buy a totally new card on line about a week before I leave, so I will have the confirmation letter, which is all I need and is easier to keep track of that a CC receipt (plus my details will be in the system). So long as I have the confirmation letter, it really doesn't matter whether I ever receive the personalised card — which I think is a waste anyway. IMO the old Infinity system was FAR preferable!

All the bother of trying to link old and new card details (because they can't keep the same card number for some reason :roll: ) seems to me rather too much bother. Easier just to buy a totally separate new card, since in any case there are no loyalty points or other benefits to transfer.

So (forgive my rant, I'm really fed up with the 'problems' with this new WildCard), what I'd suggest is that you buy your WildCard on line before you leave, print out your confirmation letter and you'll be all set.

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

I completely agree Arks, the old system WAS better. I am going to buy online too and just forget about the card and the magazine. With the card last year it was just too ridiculous to have to go online to confirm your details :roll: (which I actually tried to do but didn't work) so I can't be bothered. I gave them my name, address and passport number for goodness sake, why should I have to follow up to confirm?

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
I will take the advice of ARKS and purchase our new Card shortly before we leave

Last edited by normana53 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

My wild card expired last year September , and instead of renewing immediately , waited until we are due for next visit to KNP ., which is in two weeks time :)

I just finished renewing on-line , and apart from a few details which I had to repeat , it all went relatively easy . A small problem occurred when I had finished payment , and wanted to print confirmation . A new screen appeared saying that an error had occurred , so I called the number shown .
Spoke to Jackie ( Jacobeth ) , and after giving details to her , she confirmed all in order and that she would send me a confirmation letter , but even while we were speaking , I received something on my e.mail .
Then , less than 10 minutes later after my phone-call , I received another e.mail from this lady , with full details of renewal , etc .

It certainly was a pleasure to finalise this :thumbs_up: .
Congratulations and thank you to Sanparks and especially to Jacobeth :clap:

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.
7 - 10 Sept 2013 -Shingwedzi .
11 - 13 Sept 2013 - Balule .
14 - 17 Sept 2013 - Satara .

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:42 pm 
Guru
Guru

Hi Okie;

I will pass on the message. :thumbs_up:

Tel: (012) 426 5202

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:29 pm 

That's great to hear about Okie, thank you.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:01 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Lesego wrote:
Hi Okie;

I will pass on the message. :thumbs_up:

Hi, Lesego. It's nice to pass messages with compliments on. :)

But It would be nice too, if you could help all those complaining here about a lack of service, no answers from the wild card department and never arriving wild cards. :)

- If I could fly (KNP March/April 2010)
- Time to fly south again (MZNP, Addo, and more Nov/Dec. 2011)

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:06 pm 
Guru
Guru

Hi CresB;

Will do that too. I will get the some of the Wild Card team on the forum.

Tel: (012) 426 5202

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:35 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

How can I update new address details for myself and Arthur (separate) to ensure the Wild Cards will be sent to the correct addresses? When I go to detail updating it says I need an authorization code to update, but after having filled in that part twice nobody has replied yet with the authorization code.
:? :? :?

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

An update for those of you — especially longsuffering fellow international cardholders :wink: — who have been struggling with purchasing or renewing your Wild Card. As I'd suggested earlier, since there are no longer any benefits that carry over (as there were with Infinity) and since there seem to be a major hassles involved to 'renew' the card (being given a separate number and then having to link old and new details — endless hassles indeed) ..... :twisted: :roll:

Well, as I'd planned, tonight I simply went on line and purchased a totally new Wild Card, not a renewal. All went well until I got to the point where your payment is confirmed and you then have the option to "print/save PDF". As happened to another forumite, I got the following error message: "We could not process your request at this time. Please contact us if this problem persists."

I expect this problem will continue to persist for some time, but don't despair. You DO get an email with your confirmation letter as a PDF — and that's all you need. Not as nice (or as easy) as simply rocking up to the gate and getting your card on the spot, but certainly not as complicated as renewing the card would be. And why bother, since there's no benefit to the purchaser. What do I care if the SANParks Wild Card system now has several separate records of me as a Wild Card holder?!?

Bottom line, I have my confirmation letter! :dance:

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:00 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

15 months later from the first attempt to get a new wild card :wall: ,it has arrived :clap: :clap: . I will take a photo of it and post here , if no one believes me. :lol:
Thanks SARAF 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next