Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wild card not received??
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:09 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

no wild card, since November 2010 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well done Sanparks

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:37 pm 

Dear forestgump,

Please could you follow the steps outlined in this blog Where's my Wild Card?.

Or if you would like to PM me your email and Wild Card number I can try to get someone to look into it for you.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:58 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
:hmz: I received the magazine 8 days ago... to the right address, so wild card can follow the same way :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:19 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Also did not receive my card....nearly time to renew it yet again :?

Kruger booked for 2015.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

forestgump wrote:
no wild card, since November 2010 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well done Sanparks

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

What should I do ?

My wild card expired last September . At that time we were in Punda and when we tried to renew the card , we were told that they were unable to do so , because their internet connection was not working and off-line . So , the card expired :doh:
We are now due to visit again in three weeks time , with the first camp being Punda Maria , but bearing in mind our previous experience - no internet - and this seems to happen often at that camp - we do not know what to do .
1 ) Should we renew the card now - what will the expiry date be then ? In other words , will it be renewed back-dated to September and therefore expire in a few months time ?
2 ) Should we take our chances to renew it at Punda - maybe no internet , and/or backdated renewal as in (1) ?
3 ) Apply for a totally new card ?

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.
7 - 10 Sept 2013 -Shingwedzi .
11 - 13 Sept 2013 - Balule .
14 - 17 Sept 2013 - Satara .

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

okie,

You can renew on-line, but it might be that the system is not running yet and you will be issued a new number. If that happens phone the Wild Card office and explain you problem. The will then ensure that the payment is channelled to the correct card.

I went through that exercise in October after I could not renew my card at the park (Mapungubwe) due to lines down. The same month I did renew on-line and visited KTP in Nov. There was no problem when I entered so I assume the money was paid in correct.

Don't apply for a new card, sooner or later the card will work. You can try at KNP again or try on-line. Your choice. I've got no experience of successful renewing at a park and cannot tell you that route will be fine. Maybe some-one else can advise.

IMO try on-line and phone, keep your internet transfer record and take it along when you going to the park.

Good luck :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hmm , I may just do that Songodin :thumbs_up:

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.
7 - 10 Sept 2013 -Shingwedzi .
11 - 13 Sept 2013 - Balule .
14 - 17 Sept 2013 - Satara .

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Just buy it online. That is the preferred way as you will be filling out the correct details, and won't have to be directed at the site to do it anyway.
Save and print the confirmation, and you are done. It works just as well as the plastic thing, which will come in the mail. (One day.)

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

The service of the Wild Card team is really a shame. After several mails to Marietjie Smith, PA for Hein Grobler, and an email to Hein Grobler himself I am still without answer when to expect my Wild Card that I bought November 2011 !
The adress on the email-confirmation letter I got is absolutely correct. So what's the problem to produce and dispatch a plastic card ?
Wild Cards for foreign visitors are very expensive. The service should be better !

- If I could fly (KNP March/April 2010)
- Time to fly south again (MZNP, Addo, and more Nov/Dec. 2011)

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:57 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Since my last Wildcard expired in early 2011 - I am thinking that I should just wait until I get to Kruger to purchase a new international card. My first wildcard in 2009 took over 3 months to get. I am worried that if I order one now I might not have one when I travel to Kruger in October. Plus when I ordered the first year, by the time I got the card in the mail I only had 8 months left on it.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:08 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

They have phoned me to say it is now on the way, I asked for their tracking number to be emailed to me, so I could follow up. No email, but hopefully it is on the way. :roll:

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:44 am 

CB, please PM me your details (email address and card number) and I'll see what I can do.

Normana, if you have a Wild Card with your name on it then I would keep it and then renew when you next visit a park or phone Wild Card and they can renew on the phone. If you never received a physical card then I would just buy a new one when you get to a park.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

I was wondering if Sanparks could tell me when I will be able to turn up at an entry gate, buy a Wildcard AND RECEIVE said card right there AND receive the magazine AND be able to renew either online or at a gate (before expiry) and keep the same card? This whole Wildcard debacle is a blight on Sanparks and needs sorting (about 18 months ago :evil: )

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:50 pm 

Threedogs, SANPArks are not going to be issuing new cards at any Parks. The cards under the new scheme are personalised with the members name and details and this cannot be done there and then. I cannot see them turning to yet another scheme in the near future.

As far as I am aware the testing of the renewal system is still ongoing. It was supposed to be operational early 2012 but I haven't had an update to how its going. I will ask. The staff at the parks should be able to do the renewal for you, but please remember, they are generally in the bush and communications cannot always be guaranteed. Better communications into the Parks is being implemented but it is a slow and expensive process. If they are able to connect to the system, they can renew the card. They should be able to then phone up to connect the renewal to the card.

Wild magazines are quarterly publications issued to current Wild Card holders. The Autumn edition has recently been published.

SANParks are well aware the whole Wild Card saga has not been implemented smoothly. They are as frustrated as you are, believe me.

If you are experiencing any problems please use the details on the contact page in the first instance. If you still do not hear anything please PM me your details (card number and a contact email) and I will pass your details on. I don't always get a response so this route is not guaranteed.

For Wild magazine queries please contact: subs@tipafrica.co.za.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next