My apologies for the confusion and mixed messages. The information I have is as follows:
1. Repairs to services are underway and are planned to be completed by mid March 2012. This includes fencing, the gate, water, sewerage & electricity, as well as roads in the camp.
2. Once this has been completed, the camp will reopen.
3. Tents 1 to 20 have been damaged to such a degree that they will require significant work or replacement of tent and/or deck and this will take a few months.
4. Once opened (planned by mid-March) tents 21 to 40 will reopen. Keep in mind 21 to 30 are budget and 31 to 40 are the ones with bathroom and kitchen en-suite.
5. Therefore two thirds of the budget tent bookings have to either be moved or cancelled.
6. Booked guests between dates 19 March and 31 May 2012 will therefore be contacted in due course. Guests with bookings for CTT2 and CTT4 (budget) tents within this period are welcome to try to find alternative accommodation on their own initiative, if they prefer.
7. Yes, the camp was closed on the system until 31 July 2012. This will be reviewed as the re-construction progresses.
8. No booking that is cancelled due to flood damage will incur cancellation or amendment fees and in cases where guests cannot be assisted with alternative accomodation to their satisfaction or there is no alternative accommodation, the Tamboti component will be cancelled and guest refunded (into their SANParks account or otherwise).
9. Guests will be required to pay the difference in cases where more expensive accommodation is agreed upon and will be refunded in cases where cheaper accommodation is agreed upon.
9.Based on the above, guests with LST3 and LST3Z tents, being the bathroom and kitchen en-suite ones from 31 to 40 with bookings from 19 March 2012 will not be affected or need to be moved.
Queries on the above can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org