Skip to Content

Backseat safari (Robyn Keene-Young)

See what other forumites recommend you should read
Impisi08

Backseat safari (Robyn Keene-Young)

Unread postby Impisi08 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Backseat safari (Behind the scenes in the African bush) from Robyn Keen-Young. ISBN 1-77007-285-3, published by Struik.

I bought the book at the Exclusive bookshop at the airport in Johannesburg. I really enjoyed reading it and plan to read it again before I leave to South Africa again in May.

Robyn Keen-Young is the wife of the photographer Adrian Bailey.

By turns funny and sad, dramatic and thought- provoking Backseat Safari chronicles their adventures and misadventures photographing the wildlife of Southern Africa.

Spotted Cat
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Backseat safari (Robyn Keene-Young)

Unread postby Spotted Cat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 pm

I was spellbound! Couldn't put it down - a MUST read!!
"Happiness is like jam. You can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself."

lee lewis

Re: Robyn Keene Young

Unread postby lee lewis » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 am

I just Googled it and here is the ISBN number: ISBN 1-77007-285-3. It is published by STRUIK. Perhaps you could try obtain a copy from AMAZON or KALAHARI.NET
"To be playing a part, no matter how small, in the conservation of our dwindling wildlife is an experience I shall always cherish." - Stuart Hilcove

I SAY NO TO HOTEL DEVELOPMENTS IN KRUGER NATIONAL PARK!

adrianbailey

Re: Robyn Keene Young

Unread postby adrianbailey » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi Mikath

The paperback edition of Robyn's Backseat Safari is unfortunately out of print, but it's just been released as an ebook for Kindle. It is available from Amazon here (or by searching for the title on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XV ... B003XVZA8U

If you don't have a Kindle, you can download Kindle software for your computer which will allow you to you read the book.

Kind regards
Adrian (Robyn's husband)
http://www.roadmedia.co.za

WELSH_ASH

Re: Backseat safari (Robyn Keene-Young)

Unread postby WELSH_ASH » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:24 pm

What a book!

Just finished reading this one on my kindle and couldn't put down from start to end. The experiences shared are interesting and funny, it's also is written pretty well too.

I'm looking forward to reading Africa Unplugged next which is also written by Robyn Keene-Young.

Return to “Bookshelf”