Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Renewed Wildcard - Allocated a new number??????
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

HELP HELP :pray:

I received my New Wildcard a month ago - it expired on 30/9/2011.

So I went into "renew membership", entered my wildcard number and all my details again?

After payment went through I was allocated a NEW membership number - I really cannot handle all this incompetence on the part of your Wildcard department. SO please refund my payment and when you have sorted out your problems I will renew my card :evil:

I also tried to print the confirmation letter, but that option does not work either????

To vote for your FAVOURITE WEBCAM SIGHTING go HERE

My Trip to Marakele National Park- Here

Post subject: Re: Renewed Wildcard - Allocated a new number??????
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:58 pm 

Any complaints can be directed to the Wild Card Team via:

website: http://www.sanparks.org/wild/ and under Contact Us, fill in the Customer Query form.
email: wildcard@sanparks.org

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 pm 

I have mailed them two days ago about a general inquiry, they have read the mail but I have received no reply to it as yet, so mailing them is not helping either.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:43 pm 

Hi JJ, the same thing happened to me when I renewed our card early in August before our trip commencing at the end of August.

I also sent an email to the Wild Card email address to query being given another new number, and I copied Hein Grobler and Joep Stevens. All messages were read but to date I have not received any response/s.

Of course, I also have not received the new Wild Card either!

It seems that if you want an answer you should write to the travel section of the Saturday Star, as I have seen a response to a complaint letter about the Wild Card there.

We didn't encounter any problems in the camps we stayed in though and records were on the system.

We are also still waiting to receive a copy of the Wild magazine.

Linda

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:02 pm 

Jungle Junkie,

I believe that a member of the Wild Card Team has contacted you (on the 13th Oct)? They have linked your new membership to your physical card.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:25 am 

Heres the thing - 20 October 2010 I purchase/renew my wildcard, the whole year I am entering the park with a piece of paper and a reference number. 17 october 2011, I recieve my "NEW" wildcard in the post, which expires on the the 20th Nivember 2011. I immediately renew via the web with my "NEW" card.

Go to the gate to do my normal drive through. Sunday afternoon nobody in the kiosk, have to go to reception. Took me almost 40 minutes to get in through the gate.

To my surprise WILDCARD has to be renewed, new number has been allocated, but according to the gate the WILDCARD is irrelevant.

So I ask with tears in my navy blue eyes WHAT IS THE POINT??? of the new Wildacrd if we cant get it right.

It is very very frustrating guys!!! Whats up??

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 am 

Groovy, I totally agree. In my opinion why did they move away from something (a working system), to the "new" system that is just one total disaster. We got Wildcards at the gate. and renew them with no issues. Since SANPARKS took over the system it is one problem after the other.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

I renewed mine last Friday as mine expired 2 weeks ago and I am off to park in 2 days. After phoning the peeps at H/o, they said I must renew online, then call them afterwards so that they can link the 2 numbers on my cards. Have done this, now to wait and see what happens at the gate. But this whole wild card issues is a joke, not going to be holding my breathe waiting to see what exciting new developements will be forthcoming or which numbers those are going to be credited to.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Does this mean that SANParks has no correlation between the new number generated when you apply for a renewal, your previous number generated when you renewed your card and the number of the plastic card (with a magnetic chip) issued?

Can someone from SANParks please explain this process. If everyone, including myself, has to renew online then contact Head office to confirm the numbers to then be updated manually, I see more chaos.

I keenly await a response, and look forward to finding out about the new Wild Card options tomorrow.

Ast binman bin mam?
Lancashire dialect

Ready for the next Cricket Weekend!

New Year trip 2014-2015 booked.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:36 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
My old infinity wild card expired the 7th of October...............on the 10th I received the "new" earth wild card in the post. Which helped me nothing.......... :wall: .........it's to late now!!!

We went to KTP on 23 October and I took the "new" earth wild card with and paid for the new year.

Big was my surprise when the woman told me she is so sorry but they don't have new cards to give me one, but they will post me a new one..............I was stunned..............why can't the same piece of plastic not be renewed............and yes I know I need to make a phone call ( time and more money out of my pocket!!!) so they can link the "new" earth card with the new piece of paper I got from the friendly lady!!!! :slap:

If the person I'm going to talk to can make the connection between the two, why don't the system work like that, that all receptions can make the connection???? :x

I'm very patient..........in fact I've never used any of my patience, but very slowly I'm getting very frustrated with this.................. :evil:

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:47 am 

I have had an explanation from SANParks about the renewal process.
Operations Manager: Wild Card wrote:
We are in the process of deploying terminals that will assist in streamlining access to the parks for wildcard customers . These terminals will ensure better access control for Sanparks as well. The customers will get to the parks and will insert their new Wild Cards into the terminals whereby their wild card membership information will be downloaded and printed on a slip. Along with the terminals, the parks will have software and its applications that have been developed to better manage the database. This software will make it easier for staff at the parks to conduct purchases and renewals and immediately update customers’ details. The software will essentially manage all process relating to Wild Card with less red tape and therefore making it less frustrating for the customers.

Once the systems are in place the renewal process will be automatic, the client will renew his membership and the new information will automatically update on his plastic card when he inserts it into the terminal. There will be clear correlation between the plastic card number and any other numbers (at that stage it will be an application number).

We are planning to Go live with the new system very early next year and we will inform all our customers about that in due course. We are now thoroughly testing the system to ensure that there are no hiccups when we do go live.

The system should be able to identify a renewal and update accordingly, we are asking the customers to contact the call centre in order to manually link the renewed membership to their card because only the call centre has access to the software currently. This is to enable us to test and monitor the system in a controlled environment to ensure that it works well before we roll it out to the rest of the parks.