Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guest Houses in Kruger
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm 

What a pity Keartland did not live up to expectations Bushcraft, I hope you have put in a serious complaint as I think you are definitely owed some form of rebate. :(

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 pm 

This issue has been noted, Bushcraft and feedback will be given as soon as it is received :thumbs_up:
Could you please submit the Feedback - under Contact us too ?
Quote:
However the one channel (Feedback - under Contact us) handles the emails as "cases" by forwarding them to the responsible department for follow up and resolution. In this case you always get at least acknowledgement of receipt.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 pm 

Thanks MATTHYS :thumbs_up:

To offer other feedback – I found Stanley House at Satara awesome. As Jumbo stated, a small stove, 1 shower, etc, but the house was clean, quiet, peaceful and in a great location. Stanley will see me again :dance: :dance: (after I win the lotto) :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:27 am 
Before spending your Lotto money on Stanley again….first go and visit Rentmeester in Shingwedzi …..will give a new perspective on things…. :twisted: :wink:

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:34 am 

For the view I don't think you can get better than Nshawu Guest House in Olifants.
It has had its maintenance problems over the past while but hopefully will have been sorted out but the view is just amazing.

Lebombo GH is also in Olifants and has a similar view, sometimes easier to book than the very popular Nshawu.

Other than that I like the Stanley or Rudy Frankel GH's in Satara both of which overlook a floodlit waterhole right by the fence and can produce great sightings.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 am 

Quote:
Which of the guest houses in Kruger would you recommend if the most important consideration is the view, considering it is for people (6) who prefer to stay in the Camp for the better part of the day? They would like to stay in three to four of them over a 3 week period. Thank you for your advice

On personal experience I would recommend the following

As Elsa said, you cannot get better than Nshawu house in Olifant’s if you going on view alone, personally only been there for a drink (had to cancel planned trip there because wife got pregnant)
Some of our friends stayed there and did not go outside the camp for 2 days! was no need to, saw various lions come for drink, cheetah and various other animals in the comfort of your house with drink in hand !. Much better view than Lebombo and also more private.
I can recommend Frankel in Satara, it is my favourite in the park, 5 bedrooms, all on-suite with shower and bath, so no need to share bath /shower like the other guesthouses in Satara, big living area, kitchen and big braai area and awesome view, feeling and waterhole, huge property.
When staying there normally go out early morning only, the rest you can see from your veranda ( in winter)

The houses in Skukuza do also all have a great view on the river with ABSA the most private of them all, but very big, ideal for huge groups and children! Monis a great house with all the four huge bedrooms having a view towards the river, not ideal for young children ( deck etc), not on big property, the other two also on huge properties next to each other.

Rentmeester house in Shingwedzi, great place, can sit there the whole day !!
My wife use to go there every July holiday when she was younger as her family were the main donators to the house ( but the 20 year privilege expired already :cry: )

Letaba, Melville guesthouse is stunning , also on huge property with same type house as Monis , great view.

Stayed a few times with friends only @ Keartland house Lower Sabie, great view, although they can do more with the house, have to walk a bit to braai area etc, small kitchen, and lack some overall work on the house, main bedroom got best view in camp, need a better “entertainment “ area, but saying that, will go back anytime !

Quote:
Thanks wbevents!
Looking forward to seeing your photos of the ABSA guesthouse

Will post some photos of houses etc.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 am 

Frankel House Satara

Watehole
The locals

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 am 

ABSA Guesthouse - Skukuza

Last edited by wbevents on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: waterkant1 guest house
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:36 pm 

good day all

we will be staying at the Waterkant 1 guest house in April. Has anyone stayed there before? i would like to get a review and what your experience was.

Post subject: Re: waterkant1 guest house
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hi Rubicon the Waterkant 1 guest house is very nice and spacious; it has a good view over the Selati Bridge. It is next to the Nyathi guest house and very private. I hope you will enjoy your upcoming stay :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hi Rubicon we stayed there about three years ago, perhaps someone can give a more recent update on the general condition and maintenance of the house itself. We stayed in November last year in the Waterkant 2 cottage next to it and from a distance it looked OK. I am sorry to hear that Keartland is neglected as it is such a nice house.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:02 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Two years ago I wrote that Keartland was neglected and the housekeeping not up to scratch, however we stayed at Waterkant 1, September 2011, and the complete opposite could be said. Housekeeping was excellent and we really enjoyed our stay

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm 

can we fit 10 people in this house?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:49 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hi Rubicon as far as I remember the house have four bedrooms with two single beds in each room = 8 people. Next to Waterkant 1 is the Waterkant 2 cottage in which 4 persons can sleep and I think the two units form a nice place for a larger group. Enjoy you stay :D

Post subject: Re: satara Rudy Frankel Guest House
Unread postPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:29 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
ALFEL wrote:
From the verandah we saw animals all day and night. A small spotted Genet came onto our lawn one evening.
It is a real treat to stay there.
I agree with that, it is a treat to stay there :thumbs_up:

After we have unpacked on a warm sunny day last week and settled on the veranda in front of the house we were very unexpectedly visited by a very large Mozambiquan Spitting Cobra (I am not exaggerating) that came around the corner uninvited :doh: as we were not ready to receive slithering guests at all :shock: :?.
I witnessed that afternoon two of our aunts who accompanied us on our Kruger visit, who told us in their own words that they are no longer as supple and flexible as they used to be, doing aerobics of olympic medal standards that afternoon to get of out of Ms Cobra’s way.
Although not recommended at all, one of our aunts got, in a flash, on the veranda table without any assistance or any problem at all.
Later that afternoon when we all settled for the usual evening braai we had a good laugh when our aunt told us that the view over the waterhole from a slightly raised point is not bad at all.
But I have never seen a (organised) group of people, myself included, getting in different directions all over the show within a split second at the mere sight of a Ms Cobra :lol: :lol: :thumbs_up:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next