Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where can I use my Non-existent WildCard?
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:21 am 

I still have not received my wildcard which is up for renewal on 16th August. That is no longer an issue. I will just buy another one when I go to Kruger Park in December.
Due to travel overseas I have had no need to use my wildcard as frequently as I have in the past. However, what does concern me is that I have been unable to use my wildcard / confirmation letter at two nature reserves run by Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife. These are Oribi Gorge which I visited in February this year and Krantzkloof which I visited yesterday.
I was of the understanding that only iSimangaliso Wetland Park was exempt from the WildCard program.

Post subject: Re: Where can I use my Non-existent WildCard?
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:42 pm 

Hi Mizzbee,

Looking at the various websites you should certainly have been able to get into Oribi Gorge with your Wild Card. However the Wild Card website does not list Krantskloof as one of its parks.

I will make enquiries on your behalf, please bear with me as they are quite busy at the moment.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:28 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

mizzbee wrote:
I still have not received my wildcard which is up for renewal on 16th August. That is no longer an issue. I will just buy another one when I go to Kruger Park in December.
Due to travel overseas I have had no need to use my wildcard as frequently as I have in the past. However, what does concern me is that I have been unable to use my wildcard / confirmation letter at two nature reserves run by Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife. These are Oribi Gorge which I visited in February this year and Krantzkloof which I visited yesterday.
I was of the understanding that only iSimangaliso Wetland Park was exempt from the WildCard program.

Non Existent is most certainly the operative word its insane i got reissued my wildcard in december and have still to date Not received my card talk about Poor service to your clientele :x

Home is where the Heart is and my Heart lies in the Kruger ...FACT!

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 am 

Saraf, thank you for your involvement.
I have quoted a hyperlink to Krantzkloof Nature reserve which shows that it is managed by Ezemvelo unless this has recently changed.

http://www.kznwildlife.com/index.php?/K ... rview.html

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 am 

Yes I saw it was managed by them in my research, however it isn't mentioned on the list of parks on the Wild Card site.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:59 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi there,

being fortunate to live on the border of Krantzkloof NR, I can assure you it is still efficietly run and managed by Ezemelo KZN wildlife.

However, my understanding is the reason they do not accept WildCards is there is no processing point available to check/ redeem your Wildcard if presented.

This is a shame as we go there often, and it would have helped pay for half the cost of our WildCard outlay :(

I have had no problems using my Wild Card letter of membership at various KZN parks accepting the WildCard, but it is not ideal.

You would think this is so easy to do. Issue a new or replacement card. Can ANYONE explain exactly what are the delays in the issue of cards.

I am also waiting since January this year, for my card, even after personal intervention by Hein Grobler, who is a seniour SANParks member looking after this project.
After countless empty promises by call centre staff my card would be sent to me, the last being in June this year, I am also just going to re-new and hope i get my new card within 12 months of payment/purchase at end of this month.

Ì was told it was told in March it was in the post... :wall: still waiting and not posted :evil:

KNP: 03 Jan to 12 Jan 14 (Berg n Dal, PKop, Croc Bridge)
KNP 10 May to 17 May 2013 (Malelane, Satara, Skukuza)
KNP 16 July to 26 July 14 (Croc Bridge, Tamboti, L Sabie )

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]