Skip to Content

Anyone interested in a braai at Marloth??

Find information and join us for the next forum meeting

Mgoddard
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Anyone interested in a braai at Marloth??

Unread postby Mgoddard » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Well, I will be at My Bush House on September 2nd.....anyone interested in joining me for a braai on either Saturday 3rd or lunch time Sunday 4th??? First time I will see my house in real life...but I do know that there is a big garage if you want to bring a blow up mattresses and just crash for the night!!!

No music, no dancing...just enjoying the bush and a real good wood fire!!! :lol:

MIL will be with me...but Im sure she wont mind us getting together :D

Vlakvarkvrou
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Anyone interested in a braai at Marloth??

Unread postby Vlakvarkvrou » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi M,
We will be staying at Ngwenya from 9 - 16 September 2011. If you can "move" the date to that week, we should be able to visit. I usually drive through Marloth on my way to Ngwenya. We would love to meet you and also Vlakvarksegat and his SO if they are still in the area.
Love
Rina

Vlakvarkvrou
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Vlakvarkvrou » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Hallo VVsG, Martie,
Although we stay at Ngwenya, we will be in the park everyday. We can even have a coffee/roadside kuier along the road. I will have the usual yellow and red ribbons on my car.

We in Gauteng are spoiled by the regular meets and it would be nice meeting you people who is not near and whom we only know on the forum :D :D

I will also pm my celnumber to you both before we leave.

Elzet,
I will take your photo with and we will have one on you and Theuns! :dance:

Vlakvarkvrou
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Vlakvarkvrou » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 pm

11 Sept 2011.....and we had the braai at Marloth..........and what a nice kuier (visit).

Martie (mgoddard) - thank you for having us and for all the spoiling, feeding and turning the vlakvarke's arms to be on time for the visit!!! I think I can put you now in my bag of real friends!!!

Neels and Marié (vlakvarksegat) - thanks for coming back to keep Martie company. I got a bit worried that we would not be able to meet al last. Neels - now you have experienced fisrt hand how easy it is for a vlakvarkvrou (warthog women) to get lost in front of the house that she was supposed to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette (click click) and Mum (Tannie Dot) - luckily you are in Pretoria and we will now be able to have more contact. Thanks for helping Martie to feed us and also for all the "chatting".

We also had a real Warthog coming to say hallo through the fence :D

To be continued.... :D

Return to “Meets & Greets ”