Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: WILD CARD PURCHASED 24.11.10 NOT YET RECEIVED
Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:53 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

:wall: :wall: :wall: We received an sms that our wild card was in the post!! :huh: That was at least a month ago and to date, still NO card! Drove to Westlake SANParks offices on Wednesday to enquire. They gave me a phone no to contact, no reply, left a message and have not had a response :roll:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:58 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

onewithnature wrote:
Still waiting for my postal wildcard delivery too. However, got SANParks to print out a letter stating all the details and validity of my current (pending wildcard, and Kruger had no problems accepting that together with my relevant ID. :thumbs_up:

I too present my letter of proof of validity...when asked for :huh: SANParks are losing money if they do not follow procedures correctly. They have not lost from us because we HAVE a valid piece of paper BUT if there are people who don't have cards and are not being asked for proof of card..then it's a loss to the parks :(

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:00 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Dreamer and Onewithnature,

Please send me those Wild Card details to joeps@sanparks.org and I can check the status.

Kind regards.

JOEP

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:02 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thank you Joep :thumbs_up:
I will do so as soon as I have pressed the sent button here.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:09 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

HI Joep. Thanks for the info. I renewed my wildcard on 6 September last year. The letter you mention says its a receipt for R0.00. Addo accepted it together with my old infinity card as proof that I have paid. I have phoned several times to the Wildcard number and have emailed and had a response from Mercy in your office. I was assured 2 months ago that the new wildcard was in the post. I phoned last Thursday only to be told that the next mailing of wildcards was due middle of this month. I leave on Saturday for KNP and it would have been nice to have my new card. When I enquired a week to 10 days ago if I should have been receiving "Wild" magazine I was given the number of Hein Grobler. Left 2 messages for him on his voicemail but to date have not received a call back. I realise you guys are doing everything possible to make the transition as painless as possible, but I reckon your staff need to answer truthfully about when the cards were posted. By the way I am sure you have all my details on file because when you took over in October I was probably one of the first to update details with yourselves and subsequently received the letter verifying that I was paid up.
Hope all goes smoothly from now on.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:27 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Delene,

Yes, I agree, not good enough the empty promises and inefficient phone lines!

Please drop me a mail with the wild card number to joeps@sanparks.org

Thank you.

JOEP

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:43 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Delene D wrote:
HI Joep. Thanks for the info. I renewed my wildcard on 6 September last year. The letter you mention says its a receipt for R0.00. Addo accepted it together with my old infinity card as proof that I have paid. I have phoned several times to the Wildcard number and have emailed and had a response from Mercy in your office. I was assured 2 months ago that the new wildcard was in the post. I phoned last Thursday only to be told that the next mailing of wildcards was due middle of this month. I leave on Saturday for KNP and it would have been nice to have my new card. When I enquired a week to 10 days ago if I should have been receiving "Wild" magazine I was given the number of Hein Grobler. Left 2 messages for him on his voicemail but to date have not received a call back. I realise you guys are doing everything possible to make the transition as painless as possible, but I reckon your staff need to answer truthfully about when the cards were posted. By the way I am sure you have all my details on file because when you took over in October I was probably one of the first to update details with yourselves and subsequently received the letter verifying that I was paid up.
Hope all goes smoothly from now on.

Delene D :D At least there is consistency in what you have been told and what I have been told :D
Also, I was asked to contact Hein, which I did last Wed and have I have not had a reply to the message I left.
This is what I can report re the Wild Magazine, from what I heard here in CT.
If you renewed your card before Oct 2010, you will NOT be receiving a Wild Magazine in the post. If you purchased a new card after 1 Oct, when the new system came in, you WILL receive a magazine in the post.
So, until the time that we renew our existing cards purchased before the 1 Oct we will not receive magazines. After we renew our cards this year when due, we will be eligible for a mag and will receive it in the post.
Phew, that was a long story, but I believe from the publishers that that is fact :huh:
I have been collecting these magazines and am lucky enough to live in CT, so I will be going to the publishers directly to collect the few I will be missing out on!
I'm sure this will be sorted out, but is is taking a long long time. If I had not received the sms saying our card was on its way it would all be fine. But, an sms and no card :huh: something has gone wrong :(
Sorry Joep, you have responded to me, thank you :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

To-day I have received the electronic version of the Wild Card Magazine in which there is a survey. As those things can make a difference if we all compile it I started doing so. In many of the question there is an option called "Other" which I suppose is to be compiled if none of the other questions suits you.....only that it is not accepted as an answer and the same question pops up again with: "This question requires an answer." In this way I have not been able to finish the survey :wall: :wall: Not a very good publicity for the Wild Card Magazine on-line!

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 pm 

Had the same problems Micetta. :thumbs_up: :wall: :wall:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:43 pm 

I am having the same problem. Joep Stevens gives his email address to forward an enquiry to but when you do ,you receive a reply that all e mails to that address have been permanently refused. Why and what to do now?

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:31 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Wait and see and :wall: I wonder when the Wild Card will arrive :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:03 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Kollekat,

I have been receiving emails all day on Wild Card queries, so I am operational. Please send me your email address and I will try from my side?

KInd regards.

JOEP

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm 

Also renewed in October and received nothing, and nor have many friends of mine (8 months later).
Have used my confirmation letter to enter on four visits to KP since October and have had NO problems.

A bit strange that Wild card says (in the newsletter I received by email today) that if your info isn't up to date, your card wouldn't be posted. Even stranger that I updated everything in October, received my confirmation letter, and today decided to check my details again online, and found half of them missing!!

How does my confirmation letter have all my correct address details on, yet the system today shows them missing???? :doh:
I'm sorry, this is incompetence.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:50 pm 

Have just received a reply from Wild Card update, thanking me for updating my details, and have now sent me another confirmation letter with the same details as the one I received in October from them.
So lets see if I now get my Wild Card.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:28 pm 

I got the same letter today. Thought I better check the details were correct. It would not let me log in without an authentication number that I threw away in February after using to update the records. Go figure that one. :slap:
I am not that fussed as I shall just enter with one of the four acknowledgements I got. :tongue:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next