Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: Questions regarding cancellation of booking
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:27 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Bushbuck,

Thanks for the query. You can change the booking at any stage and as long as the total value after change is not lower than before change you will not forfeit anything.

If there are further queries, please let me know.

Kind regards.

JOEP

Post subject: SANParks reservations and the Consumer Protection Act
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:01 pm 
The new Consumer Protection Act comes into effect on Friday (01 April 2011)
According to an article on News24, Consumers' safety net, this act also applies to the cancellation of advanced bookings/reservations.

Quote:
Another example of how the law would help consumers is the regulation around the cancellation of an advance reservation, booking or order.

"A consumer reserves accommodation at a hotel for two nights. On the day of the reservation, the consumer changes his or her mind as the hotel around the corner is offering a cheaper rate. The hotel then charges a 100% cancellation fee and the consumer is unhappy with the fee charged.

"In terms of the act, a consumer does have the right to cancel a reservation. However, the business will similarly have the right to charge a cancellation fee. The act however introduces the concept of a 'reasonable cancellation fee'."

The "reasonable fee" will be decided on based on the nature of the goods or device, the length of notice of cancellation, the reasonable potential of finding an alternative consumer and the general practice of the industry.

"As such, what constitutes a reasonable cancellation fee will depend on the merits of each case and the percentage of a cancellation fee that will be levied must be carefully considered by a business.

Based on this, is SANParks going to have a second look at the rules applied for online bookings, for example?
Quote:
· All new reservations made online will require immediate and full payment by credit card. If this is not possible, please use one of the alternative booking methods.
· Note that any downgrading of a reservation made online will result in a forfeiture of reservation payments made that is equal to the difference in value of the reservation before and after you changed your booking.
· Note that the cancellation of a reservation made online will result in a full forfeiture of all payments made for that reservation

Post subject: Re: SANParks reservations and the Consumer Protection Act
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:26 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Think Sanparks are going to have to look into a couple of things (condition of product) with regards the consumer act as well as have notices up all over the place, could be a nightmare for them. :hmz:

Post subject: Bookings at Skukuza - Please help
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:33 pm 

We planned to go to Skukuza late July early August 2011, we are a family of 4, because of availibility we booked 3 nights in the safaritent 4 the next 3 nights that we want to stay the safaritents are fully booked so we want to change to a 3 bed bungalow - Kids are still small so they allow us to stay in a 3 bed accomodation. I was informed that unfortunally I can not stay 3 nights in one kind of accomodation and the other 3 nights in another kind of accomodation. I must stay all of the 6 nights in one kind of accomodation - I am sure that it was not always like that

Please advice

Post subject: Re: Bookings at Skukuza - Please help
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear FGJJN,

Thanks for the query and yes, the policy is such that guests may can normally book different accommodation types in the same camp. The reason for this is that guests frequently create problems once they arrived and then refuse to move from the one type to the other or do not check-out in time. As song as there is a clear understanding from the you that you will have to move and that you check-out by 10:00 and accept that check-in is not before 14:00, we will accommodate your request. Please send me the details to joeps@sanparks.org

Kind regards.

JOEP

Post subject: Different ways of booking
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 pm 

Question about booking accommodation; I read that if you use the online booking and pay by credit card, your bookings are fixed and can't be cancelled without fees.
So what happens if you book by phone or email, you get a reservation, but when do you need to pay, immediately or can you wait until arrival in the park?

Post subject: Re: Different ways of booking
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

When you book via email, you must pay a 1/3 deposit within a month after making the booking and the 2/3 balance month before your arrival. I'd assume that it's the same for phone reservations. IMO a better way to go, budget-wise :wink:

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 pm 

Jeroenvm,
I usually look at the available accommodation for the period that i require, then request the booking that I saw, by email. If the accommodation is still available they send me a provisional reservation with the date of the deposit required at the top of the page. You can then pay either by internet transfer, or do what I do namely print out the provisional reservation form and pay at a Sanparks office.
Sneeugans

Post subject: Re: Bookings - advice/feedback
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:22 pm 

If anybody could help, I booked accommodation from 2 July 2011 to 10 July 2011. I made a change on 5 July to my booking at Satara which I know there would be an amendment fee as it is less than 30 days before arrival, but I have also made changes to the nights of the 8th and 9th of July and they have hit me with amendment fees on this as well. Is this right? Can anybody inform me.

It is Sunday today so if I do not come right I will have to contact central reservations, my booking was paid for in total, but I could only find suitable accommodation today, so I changed it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:27 am 

Well, booking by email failed completely - no reply to 3 enquiries I sent to SANparks reservations while unable to do online bookings. Quite disappointed with the system...

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:40 pm 

Just do your booking online. It is the fastest way and you just pay via your Credit Card.

The email booking does not work at all.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:46 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

michel367 wrote:

I differ on that opinion, it works like a charm for me, and my family. I have never booked in any other way.
And if you check the compliments forum you'll see that we are not the only ones that are happy with the service.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:57 pm 

DuQues wrote:
michel367 wrote:

I differ on that opinion, it works like a charm for me, and my family. I have never booked in any other way.
And if you check the compliments forum you'll see that we are not the only ones that are happy with the service.

Then we agree to disagree. :thumbs_up:

The only time I succeeded in an e-mail booking is after I digged up the name and e-mail address of someone in the booking office.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:21 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

DuQues wrote:
michel367 wrote:

I agree, I have rarely had any problems or delays. :clap: I made some September bookings for four different parks recently and had my confirmations (well) within 24 hours.

Perhaps it helps that I use the SANParks reservation form to submit my request(s)? But I stupidly forgot to include my client number :doh: , yet everything went through smoothly. And while I have emailed to individual reservations agents in the past, this time I'd sent the request to the general reservations email, no worries at all. Altho I was booking nights at four separate parks, I put all four on the same reservations request form and that was also not a problem, altho I did receive four separate confirmation letters, because there are four separate reservations numbers.

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

hi,

I have to say I have always used email and had a great response, they have altered reservations, cancelled reservations when one of us broke a leg and we couldnt fly, they also add your guided drives if you ask...

I always have a reply within 2 days maximum an excellent service in my opinion, but then I have emailed camps for specific accomodation numbers and had mixed success...skukuza :thumbs_up: orpen and croc. bridge :huh:

john

Etosha - August 2014

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next