Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: How the Hell do you book accommodation online?
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi LionWhisperer,

Sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with our booking system. :(

This is a work in progress for us and perfection is nowhere in sight.

Connectivity issues also do happen... Reservation system in Africa, Web server in the US, You - somewhere else in the world - no guarantees for success at all times.

I admire your patience (trying 9 times is heroic), but if it happens again, please rather try a few hours later, or write to reservations@sanparks.org and they will secure your booking. You don't have to struggle.

Best wishes,

Post subject: Re: Bookings - advice/feedback
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:18 pm 

JenB wrote:
Tembe & Kgala and tletter, PM's sent.

@Jen thanks but I received an out-of-office reply :cry:

Anyhow...

Last Thursday I sent an email to an individual at SANparks to amend my reservation to two night at Pretoriuskop. I checked availability on 25 and 26 July at Pretoriuskop before sending my mail. After not hearing back for a week I followed up with an email to "reservations@sanparks.org" but nothing was heard back :(

Unfortunately I did not receive anything back until today when I got the following reply:

"Dear Sir/Madam: We are fully booked for the 26th at Pretoriuskop."

Of course it is not surprising that after a week's delay in processing, the availability situation has changed :roll:

Even my request for the 25th which has availability was not processed. So I guess we won't be staying at Pretoriuskop :x

In short it is hard to effectively make amendments to fully paid reservations when it takes a week to get a response. Too bad one cannot make changes via the web even it includes a small change fee.

The difficultly in making a simple amendment is impressive to say the least :wall:

Post subject: Re: Is it fair?
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:59 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear All,

Many thanks for the input from everybody and there are obviously many views on the conditions applicable to online bookings. Indeed, due to high demand for our accommodation, especially in peak periods, SANParks have set strict rules specifically for our online reservations to prevent abuse by guests or agents “hoarding” accommodation and camping they do not necessarily intend taking up. We believe that our reservation staff are equipped with the tools and skills to minimize this risk through the more “traditional” booking channels. An alternative to cancelling any reservation, whether made online or through any of the other channels, has always been to amend the reservation to a later date (subject to availability) and for the same or higher reservation value and since September 2010 this functionality has also been made available in our online reservations module. In as far as the Consumer Protection Act is concerned; SANParks is in the process of reviewing all business rules, and not only for our web reservations facility, to ensure compliance to the Act in letter and spirit by the time it becomes effective.

With kind regards.

JOEP STEVENS

Post subject: Re: Is it fair?
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:24 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I for one am much in favour of Sanparks doing everything possible to prevent commercial enterprises booking large amounts of accommodation without having to pay full price with no refund.
I understand the language problem for none English speakers but otherwise I find booking by phone from the UK quick and efficient, and risking losing deposit only until a month before travel acceptable.The cost of the phone call is negligeable as compared to holidaying in KNP from overseas.

Post subject: Questions regarding cancellation of booking
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:26 pm 

What would happen in the following case: Someone booked several days Kruger, different camps. ONE DAY before entering the park she/he would like to change the reservation...

Is it allowed to change the camps , i e stay three nights at Skukuza instead one night at Olifants, one night at Balule and one night at Punda Maria or must the reservation be taken as originally booked?

b) cancel the reservation altogether and get fully refunded?

Post subject: Re: Questions regarding cancellation of booking
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:38 am 

Hi

no refund if booking paid on line, or day before reservation is due to be taken up. You forfeit the booking.

personally have never had a problem changing camps if there is AVAILABILITY where you wish to stay. That said it is easier to swap servations when the Parks are not so busy, out of school holidays, etc.

Hope that helps and it is possible that others have had a different experience.

NO HOTEL DEVELOPMENT IN KRUGER

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:42 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Bushbuck, i have changed "days" in camps to other camps, before going to a certain camp. (3 days before). They will do it only if what you want is available, and they are not fully booked.

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

Post subject: balance paying
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 pm 

I do have to pay the balance for a few reservations. SAN parks used to have a printed form where one could fill out all the necessary details like reservation number, cc number, etc to then fax it to the head office in pretoria. now with all these web site modifications I can't find it any more, so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Post subject: Re: balance paying
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:09 pm 

hi,

you can either join the online booking system which allows you to look at and pay outstandings on your reservations, or you can e-mail the person at reservations who dealt with your original booking
all correspondence has their name. This reply could take a while :roll:

NO HOTEL DEVELOPMENT IN KRUGER

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:12 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
The form is still there
Go to reservations . Then click alternative booking methods
Then scroll down to the bottom and you will see Payment methods and then click credit card payments to download the form
Hope that helps

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 pm 

Hugh wrote:
Hope that helps

it sure did, thanks hugh

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Ice,

Do you have internet banking? That's the easiest way for me, besides the quick on-line booking option.

You add your reservation number and client number on the internet bank site and a day or two later SANParks will post your confirmation letter. :D to your email address.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 pm 

Son godin wrote:
Ice,

Do you have internet banking? That's the easiest way for me, besides the quick on-line booking option.

You add your reservation number and client number on the internet bank site and a day or two later SANParks will post your confirmation letter. :D to your email address.

that sounds like a good idea - where do I find their bank account details? however, I guess if I pay by internet banking, I'd have to pay transfer fees which I do not have when I use my cc, quite the opposite I'll get frequent flier miles...

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

A while ago, we wanted to sleep 2 nights in Lower Sabie, and were booked for Berg and Dal. The day we were supposed to check in at Berg en Dal, we changed our booking to Lower Sabie at their reception desk :thumbs_up: It still the question of availability.

Post subject: Re: Bookings - advice/feedback
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:25 pm 

I can only say that i am very happy with the online reservation system. Everything worked well so far. :thumbs_up:

Last November i booked accomodation online for my upcoming trip and didn´t have any problems. A few additional game drives were booked through reservations@sanparks.org and it only took a few hours to receive a letter of deposit and a letter of confirmation after paying for the game drives.

At the time of booking a friend of mine was not sure if she could join me or not. Because of her uncertainty i booked a small hut with one single bed at Lower Sabie. Then after a little while she deciced that she would join me. Unfortunately almost everything was booked at Lower Sabie at this time. For a few weeks i was checking availibilty at Lower Sabie almost every day. Then today i saw a hut with three single beds became available - so i tried to amend my booking and it worked well without any problems. :thumbs_up: :clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 54  Next